Not open for further replies.

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
Some new folks were having some trouble getting a good vaping experience with Penelope and Odysseus. Some folks complained about gurgling, dry hits, metal taste etc. The following guide will help them to enhance and in rich there vaping experience while using these magnificent world class GG devices.

My Personal Technique to Vaping No More Metal taste Vaping Guide

Now before you take another metal tasting drag please allow me to share with you my technique of vaping. This will help you to experience a more enhance vaping experience. When I draw I dont inhale a dry wick or i will get a metal disgusting taste. When I draw/vape I don’t inhale to mouth then lung. As I draw slowly I inhale straight to lungs. I inhale slowly a good 5-6 seconds to feel the hot warm moist vape. When I do that BOY do I taste that juice and all the notes it has and what a wonderful smoke. It’s heaven, if I draw fast to lungs I deny myself that wonderful richness experience.

So try to inhale slowly for 5-6 seconds while leaving power button pressed. Try this at a lower voltage setting. This will help to get the technique down and prevent you from burning the coil and drying wick. I created a guide Triple wick that will work great with this vaping technique. This will ensure wick is properly moist and not over burn.(http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/clouds-vapor/312600-triple-wick-coil.html)

Keep in mind of the following ohms and volts.

Vaping at 1.0-1.5ohms I generally stay between 3.0v-3.7v anything higher sometimes I may get E1 errors (ProVari V2) and the taste changes and not the same. Sometimes I do get it to go 4.2v it all depends. Vaping 1.5-2.0ohms 3.5v-4.2v anything higher sometimes I may get E1 errors (ProVari V2) and the taste changes and not the same. Sometimes I do get it to go 4.5v it all depends. Vaping 2.0-3.0ohms 4.2v-6v. To start at lower settings then raise it up 1v-2v increments. I like to get my general sweet spot (hot wet moist air on tongue)once there I leave the volts alone and chain vape slowly away. As you will experience technique is key and as you improve it the closer you will be in vaping paradise.

Now If you cough when trying this exercise its normal your lungs are not used to inhaling straight because this is humidified moist liquid going to your lungs not dry air like analog cigarettes. You may need to lower the nic dosage or the voltage. If you don’t find the heat strong enough raise volts by 1-2 increments. When you inhale for 5-6 seconds make sure the hot moist air is hitting your tongue. This will help you to determine if the hot air is dry or moist. The real deal is to draw/inhale real slow to feel the hot, hot moist air hitting the tongue. Remember you are inhaling evaporated air not dry air. Smoking cigs is dry hot air and vaping is inhaling humidified juice. They both deliver nicotine the techniques used may be similar but its very different to execute the same result. As you keep doing you’re your coughing will disappear usually takes a few days. If it’s the nic dosage then you will need to lower the nic mg.

You may get frustrated but don't worry you'll get it just posses yourself with some patience. Give yourself permission not to give up and in return you will have yourself a WORLD CLASS treasure that many of us in the GG Family admires and dreams to have. Give it some time so that you can experience what many of us have so richly experienced. It’s a new technique for you and when mastered you will enjoy all the notes of flavors and get such enrichment in vaping that you never thought possible.

Oh before I forget when you build the coil and wick make sure after you screw it to tank and oring is on tight. Before adding the big long mouth piece make sure you wet the wick with juice. Ensure you wet the two wick channels as well before screwing the mouthpiece tube on. When you take your first pull no need to open the flow control since you pre wet the wick. Remember 3.8v and inhale straight to lungs slowly I mean very very very slowly. Leave power press for atleast 5-6 seconds as you inhale at the same time slowly. Then release and open half turn flow control and wait for 3-5 seconds then take another slow slow slow slow inhale for 5 seconds. Now rinse and repeat if you feel the hot air not moist on your tongue then open flow control another half turn. Once your done chain vaping slowly close flow control when ready to vape again vape without opening flow control till you get that light hot dry air on your tongue. Then open flow control half turn and vape away repeating previous steps.

This guide will take some trial and error to perfect for some folks. People that used to smoke cigars will breeze right through since its very similar when smoking a analog cigar with the exception of inhaling to lungs. Cigars was always dragged slowly and held in mouth for flavor taste then exhaled. My rituals were to play some jazz and pour myself a nice glass of brandy and puff away. In vaping I can have better experience since I can inhale it real slow to taste all the flavors of the tobacco going in and then exhaling slowly to get another tasting experience. It’s a rewarding experience when done right.

Last edited:

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
I have been told that the metallic taste is because my coil is over flooded (http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ed-cartos-my-worst-nightmare.html#post6576521). What do you think about that? And shouldn't a dried wick give you a bad burnt scratch in your throat, and not a metallic taste?
Tell you what do a dry burn till coils beep red. Inhale that you will get the same metal taste. coils and wick were dry. drop some drop light it up you dont see coil reds but maybe some vape, inhale that no dry taste no metal taste.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Quick question. I have managed triple wick. AMAZING! First thank you Bishopheals. Second the question. When I used the triple wick the resistance became 2.2 ohm instead of the usual 1.6 with the pre made wire. Do you think something wrong happened. Do coil loops touching cause that? What might have happened?

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
Quick question. I have managed triple wick. AMAZING! First thank you Bishopheals. Second the question. When I used the triple wick the resistance became 2.2 ohm instead of the usual 1.6 with the pre made wire. Do you think something wrong happened. Do coil loops touching cause that? What might have happened?

The key thing to remember is that the resistance wire needs to be measured. I use 32 guage resistance wire. I measure it to be exactly .8-1.0 ohms. The length of the wire is an exact 1.25 inches. This means if I were to want those ohms then thats the size of the wire i need to maintain no matter how many wicks I use if its single, double or triple.

Triple wicks I only used it because the silica wick that came with the device in my personal opinion was to small in diameter. When I tried to vape pure VG or any thick liquid the wick would dry up to fast and wouldn't suck up the juice fast enough. This resulted in bad metal taste etc. I didn't want to vape less than 4 seconds and then wait 3 seconds and vape again. I love to chain vape. KEY THING chain vape. So I tried double wick which worked out extremely well with none thick juices. as for the thick ones it improved night and day. If I were to be vaping purely THICK THICK like Bobas bounty then I would use a 3 wicks.

I advise when you have time please read the following thread to give you some more insight I'm currently testing a few things which I will be updating.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/315801-3-5mm-wick.html

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
I need to learn how to measure wires...
I take it I need to get a multimeter ?
Do you have a utube video showing how to measure and what to do bishop

In this video i show you how to measure the resistance wire to make a triple coil. Same procedure instead of 3 resistance wires you use two. If you have a GGTS and one AW IMR 3.7 Battery then use same measurement to give you the .8-1.0 ohms.

Resistance 32 Gauge 1.25 inches.

Now to use those same ohms on Provari the coil must be single. not dual no triple.

GOLDEN GREEK GGTS PENELOPE TRIPLE COIL @ .9ohms- 1.0 OHMS - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread