Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Gandalf.....GANDALF! G A N D A L F ...oh. Did I say "Gandalf?..... How about gandalf ...or even hboebmg (code for Gandalf). This is a juice so many people are swooning over. A relatively new kid on the block, Heather is already reaching "angel music" status and has magic that she sprinkles when it comes to making signature liquids, and the ones I've tried are wonderful. Especially wonderful is Ga.....OK, enough already! LOL

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Gandalf.....GANDALF! G A N D A L F ...oh. Did I say "Gandalf?..... How about gandalf ...or even hboebmg (code for Gandalf). This is a juice so many people are swooning over. A relatively new kid on the block, Heather is already reaching "angel music" status and has magic that she sprinkles when it comes to making signature liquids, and the ones I've tried are wonderful. Especially wonderful is Ga.....OK, enough already! LOL

Gandalf is one of the four in my sampler. Along with Heavenly Tobacco, Huntsman, and Pirate's Booty. I have definitely heard of Gandalfs before and that's why it is in my sampler. Haven't heard of any of the others in my pack though. Give a description of Gandalfs. Sweet? Flavor hints? Smoot? Harsh? TH? etc...

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I tried the 5ml bottles of 4 flavors of Heathers and I stopped at one called Dark Horse.
Just bought a 30ml bottle.

Tasted just like Marlboro Light to me if I wasn't concentrating, it was like Déjà vu. to my analog days.
I stopped sampling the other flavors, what was the use I found perfection.!!!

Gandalf was a lot like the very popular Bobas Bounty not my cup of tea. But
I could see how many would like it.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I tried the 5ml bottles of 4 flavors of Heathers and I stopped at one called Dark Horse.

Tasted just like Marlboro Light to me if I wasn't concentrating, it was like Déjà vu. to my analog days.

Tomz...I heard that about Dark Horse just the other day. In fact, I had made a note of it..."tastes like Marlboro lights". I'm looking at that note as I write. I don't remember who said that to me. Was it you? I smoked marlboros for 40 years (15 on the reds, 25 on the lights). I didn't order it with this sampler. Maybe on the next. Thanks. Now that I htink about it, I believe I heard that from a reviewer. I'm totally clueless who it was but he sure didn't look like the guy in your avatar. Wait..it was a guy reviewing this new Karma kit for GotVapes. That's who it was. I'll have to go back to see if I can find that review again. LOL.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Tomz...I heard that about Dark Horse just the other day. In fact, I had made a note of it..."tastes like Marlboro lights". I'm looking at that note as I write. I don't remember who said that to me. Was it you? I smoked marlboros for 40 years (15 on the reds, 25 on the lights). I didn't order it with this sampler. Maybe on the next. Thanks. Now that I htink about it, I believe I heard that from a reviewer. I'm totally clueless who it was but he sure didn't look like the guy in your avatar. Wait..it was a guy reviewing this new Karma kit for GotVapes. That's who it was. I'll have to go back to see if I can find that review again. LOL.

Could have been me. I've posted it a few times.

It seems like Dark Horse is the ....... Stepchild, everyone is so enamored with the Bobas Bounty and sweet pipe exotic type of vapes that they don't appreciate a simple not sweet, Marlboro Light style vape.

Now everyones tastebuds are different, but I swear that when I'm distracted, I forget that I have an e-cig in my hands and it feels like I'm smoking a Marlboro Light.

It's the end of the month and I have more month than money left, and I vowed a 100 times at least that I won't spend another cent on e-cigs. But I inexorably found myself on Heathers Site ordering a 30ml bottle. Sigh....

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Disclaimer: I hate muddy caramel/vanilla-ey/chocolatey/honey-ish flavors. To me it's like being given a bowl with the melted leftovers of an ice cream sundae when you were expecting an ice cream sundae. So: Gandalf: I guess there's a mild tobacco flavor, but not enough to pop your eyeballs out. Now back to the ice cream sundae. Imagine individual big molecules of chocolate caramel honey vanilla suspended in PG/VG. First inhale...definitely chocolate. Second inhale, whoa! Hang on, that was a big ol' blast of vanilla...third inhale. OMG this is the best flavor of caramel I've ever had..huh? 4th inhale. Now wait a doggone minnit, that was cappuccino...nope...it's definitely chocolate... ummm...that hit was absolutely vanilla...what the heck? Its as if it's layered with very distinct flavors, which don't get muddied with the other flavors. My opinion only but it is very yummy - and this is from someone who prefers cigar e-juice.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Great! Thanks Tom - I'm another who wants a tobacco flavor to taste like a tobacco flavor. Have you checked the natural tobacco thread? There's a lot of interesting info there.

Could have been me. I've posted it a few times.

It seems like Dark Horse is the ....... Stepchild, everyone is so enamored with the Bobas Bounty and sweet pipe exotic type of vapes that they don't appreciate a simple not sweet, Marlboro Light style vape.

Now everyones tastebuds are different, but I swear that when I'm distracted, I forget that I have an e-cig in my hands and it feels like I'm smoking a Marlboro Light.

It's the end of the month and I have more month than money left, and I vowed a 100 times at least that I won't spend another cent on e-cigs. But I inexorably found myself on Heathers Site ordering a 30ml bottle. Sigh....

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
Dang it. Gandalf was already on my short list of juices to try. I think you just shoved it to the top. Thanks for this description.

Disclaimer: I hate muddy caramel/vanilla-ey/chocolatey/honey-ish flavors. To me it's like being given a bowl with the melted leftovers of an ice cream sundae when you were expecting an ice cream sundae. So: Gandalf: I guess there's a mild tobacco flavor, but not enough to pop your eyeballs out. Now back to the ice cream sundae. Imagine individual big molecules of chocolate caramel honey vanilla suspended in PG/VG. First inhale...definitely chocolate. Second inhale, whoa! Hang on, that was a big ol' blast of vanilla...third inhale. OMG this is the best flavor of caramel I've ever had..huh? 4th inhale. Now wait a doggone minnit, that was cappuccino...nope...it's definitely chocolate... ummm...that hit was absolutely vanilla...what the heck? Its as if it's layered with very distinct flavors, which don't get muddied with the other flavors. My opinion only but it is very yummy - and this is from someone who prefers cigar e-juice.

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
Gandalf is definitely a great juice. I haven't been vaping tobacco juices for months now, started out vaping a lot of the tobaccos that are among favorites here, loved Boba's, will vape it on occasion now, but not often. I decided to Gandalf a try and I went through that sample in the first few hours. Really great juice. I can't pinpoint the flavors, but definitely a really pleasant vape that definitely deserves all of the praise it's been getting.

For some reason in more recent time most of the tobacco juices all started having a very perfumey aroma or taste to me, and that's something I am really sensitive to. I did not feel this way about Gandalf though

HighlanderNorth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Mid Atlantic USA

Are you saying that Gandalf is like a sweet, desert tasting juice with just a faint tobacco flavor in the background, or is mostly tobacco with slight hints of not-too-sweet flavors like caramel, vanilla, chocolate, etc.? I was looking for tobacco flavors, and so far I've bought about 5, and NONE taste much like tobacco. One of them is a desert tasting liquid with a buttery caramel, nutty kinda flavor, but its mostly those flavors so its very thick and sweet. Its good for 30 minutes or so, then it becomes sickeningly thick and rich, so you have to put it down for a few days! I have too many of those desert-like flavors and cappuccino flavors now, so I need a good tobacco that actually tastes like GOOD tobacco flavor.

I just ordered 4, 5-7ml samples from Halo including Torque something-or-other, Tribeca, Ice menthol(or whatever its called), and their Freedom juice. Hopefully one of them will actually taste like tobacco for a change.....

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Last edited:

Sampleday

Jul 7, 2012
Pennsylvania
Finally someone beside me who doesn't get Gandalf. I have the sampler too and got dark horse, waiting for it to steep. Here's hoping.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I just ordered 4, 5-7ml samples from Halo including Torque something-or-other, Tribeca, Ice menthol(or whatever its called), and their Freedom juice. Hopefully one of them will actually taste like tobacco for a change.....

Let me know how those Halo flavors turn out. I came close to ordering their sampler too until a friend who did a review on the Halo e-cig said their flavors are "different". Said he couldn't make up his mind if he liked them or not. That was enough to scare me off. "Different" usually translates into "bad" for me.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Per your first words, very light tobacco with separated and distinct not too sweet chocolate/vanila et al as the main vaping experience. Now,... if you're like me and want your eyes to cross then head over to my favorite thread to hang out, "Natural tobacco" and prepare to be eye-boggled.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-discussion/274904-natural-tobaccos.html

Seems every time I go on that thread they're blathering on about their pets or their latest basement project or some such equally worthless topic. Guess I got to bump the thread back in to the archives.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Just read the disappointment in another thread over the MOV tobacco line. I just placed an order for a sampler from Heather's Heavenly Vapes last night (all tobacco flavors). Is anybody familiar with HHV's tobacco flavors?

Lol. Ya that was my MOV bombshell. No worries at HHV. I've had gandalf, oompa, huntsman, georgia peach tobacco and dragons fire. Gandalf is my #1 favorite. The others are good too. I could vape any of them. Gandalf is just frickin awesome though.

Sinlak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Orange County, CA
Im trying to find a replacement vendor for NLV (sick of waiting), can only order twice a month and when you do get to order you have to wait 5++ weeks..but I love the juices..ANYWAYS I have been seeing a lot of hype for HHV, am wondering if things like gandolf might help me get away from NLV? (I loved bounty hunter/gold) and if not, what would you recommend?

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Im trying to find a replacement vendor for NLV (sick of waiting), can only order twice a month and when you do get to order you have to wait 5++ weeks..but I love the juices..ANYWAYS I have been seeing a lot of hype for HHV, am wondering if things like gandolf might help me get away from NLV? (I loved bounty hunter/gold) and if not, what would you recommend?

If you're going for tobacco vapes. Gandalf and dragons fire prolly get the most hype. Although I just had heavenly tobacco recommended to me as well. And I see a bunch of ppl saying dark horse tastes just like a Marlboro light but I haven't personally tried it. One thing I would mention is all of them I've tried in the purity line are best after they've steeped a few days. Ive went to ordering extra gandalf just so I have some already steeped. Another thing to mention is their vg is thin. Even 100%vg. I get a 40/60 blend and it's prolly closer to everyone else's 80/20 blend.

MsMacgyver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
Illinois
From someone whos picky I liked Gandalf. Too much cigar for my all day vape but it's worth trying along with all the others. I do have some samples left in my sale in classified section. I would like to mention Georgia Peach also. Not in HHV purity line but very tasty. Open the bottle...close your eyes and smell fresh peaches...Yum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread