650 mAh vs 1100 mAh, battery power regulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

flarg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Here
If I started out on a 1100 mAh device (KGO, using the original 2.0 ohm atomizer), would I be disappointed in trying something at 650 mAh? Is the mAh rating for the battery just indicative of how long the battery will last through the day?

Generally, do e-cig batteries have a decrease in strength as they are used through the day? Or is it regulated, so that say at 50% charge it would still perform the same as at 100%? (I've seen products mention regulated and unregulated, so this must be in terms of battery drain?)

Variable voltage seems to be the most desired, but why? Is it so you don't have to have so many devices at different voltage ratings (and from what I've read, it seems some prefer certain voltage with certain juices, be it the flavor or PG/VG percentage, using certain atomizers, tanks and so on)? It would then seem as though a VV device would be encouraged for new vapers, but I only see it marketed to experienced ones.

I need to better understand electricity. It is one of my weaknesses.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
If I started out on a 1100 mAh device (KGO, using the original 2.0 ohm atomizer), would I be disappointed in trying something at 650 mAh? Is the mAh rating for the battery just indicative of how long the battery will last through the day?
Yes 100 mah= 1 hr normal vaping before recharge BUT LR and dual coil cartos, attys, etc will drain the batt faster.
Generally, do e-cig batteries have a decrease in strength as they are used through the day?
Yes for instance the Kgo comes off the charger @ 4.2 volts and drains down to 3.3? BUT most of the time stays at 3.7. The Ego comes off charger @ 3.4?
Variable voltage seems to be the most desired, but why?
It's a toy for many but I have a few friends that NEEDED the higher voltage- Kgos were not doing it for them. For myself when I had a Provari 4.5 volts seemed to be the sweet spot. Realize also with small VV PVs the higher the voltage the quicker the batt drains.
I have a VV Kgo on order BUT only because I plan on quitting vaping soon and may need the extra "hit". It's a first generation so I would advise waiting for the reviews to come in first.
If you're looking for a better "hit" with the Kgo try the Smok Tech 1.7 XL single coil cartos aka The Ressurector.

Last edited:

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
I am kind of partial I won't order anything less than 900mah. I spent the first few months charging stick batts every couple of hours and had 8 of them. No thanks I want something with more power that lasts a day. If that kgo vv comes out with 900/1000mah I will definitely try it. The 900 mah twist I have lasts 8 hrs for me which is pretty good will get the 1000mah next. Also looking at that new vario and waiting for reviews.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    The Ego comes off charger @ 4.2 but drains quickly down to 3.4?

No the eGo comes off the charger at regulated 3.4v, and stays there throughout the usable charge life of the battery
    (actually 3.3v & change)
    P1000385.jpg

However you can now get eGo batteries that you can switch between regulated voltage and unregulated voltage.
    The voltage is regulated by quickly turning the voltage on & off. With the duty cycle (pulse width) determining the output voltage.
    pwm.gif

The only difference between a 650 and 1100mAh batteries is the length of the charge life. A battery that is less than about 450mAh may run into trouble producing the amperage necessary to drive anything less than 2.5-3ohms.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread