My refilling trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taryn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Florida
I had no chocolate cartos to refill with the juice I ordered to try, my plan was to take a used kamel carto and rinse it and use it for my new chocolate. Rinsing was as easy as the other forum members suggested and soon I had a new looking empty carto that smelled just slightly of kamel, close enough for me!

Impatient person that I am I wanted to try the chocolate right after it arrived so I started filling up my carto and wondered how can I force the juice throughout the batting inside without waiting for it to soak down. I tried the plunger method and it did seem to force it down a bit. Then tried an idea of mine, putting on the condoms and .... plug, I popped it into one of those battery bags (top end up) and spun it in circles and the centrifugal force easily pushed the juice all the way into the batting, it looked dry as a bone when I opened it up again. I added several more drops, I lost count because my phone kept ringing. Three times I dripped new juice inside and spun, I know I added at least thirty drops. After the last spin I added three drops on the top because it was well soaked in again.

I was able to vape it right away with fantastic flavor and tons of vapor and very long lasting. I'll count the drops accurately next time or if someone tries it let me know how many you could get in. I even used the trick when I flodded my atty with juice when I was just topping off my pineapple cart, was able to vape on it immediately with no sizzling flooded sound and feel and no wasted juice from blowing it out. So far my cartos seem to thrive with that little helicopter spin!

Has anyone else tried this trick?

Last edited:

maaron

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
lima,Ohio
I will have to try this! Because of right now I suck at refilling! My refills last for about an hour or two when a brand new cart will last me almost all day! Ive heard a lot of people talk about rinsing the carts out and I tried it but how are you "blowing them out" Do you just put the battery end in your mouth and blow in it real hard? And do you have to wait at all for all the water to dry up until you add juice? I really need to get good at refilling so I can save some money!!

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
How about making a sling for this technique?

Take an empty 10ml juice bottle and cut the neck off. Get a 3-foot length of cord or strong string, double it, place the bottle in the bend of the cord and hot-glue it or tape it in place. The cord should run across the bottom of the bottle and up the sides.

Place the carto in the bottle, hold the cord ends in your hand and spin it around your head, like David winding up for a shot at Goliath.

I have some nylon drawstring cord from a windbreaker, and I think I'll try this out. :)

mephisto69

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2009
Wisconsin
How about making a sling for this technique?

Take an empty 10ml juice bottle and cut the neck off. Get a 3-foot length of cord or strong string, double it, place the bottle in the bend of the cord and hot-glue it or tape it in place. The cord should run across the bottom of the bottle and up the sides.

Place the carto in the bottle, hold the cord ends in your hand and spin it around your head, like David winding up for a shot at Goliath.

I have some nylon drawstring cord from a windbreaker, and I think I'll try this out. :)

I have never had to do this, though I haven't tried every liquid out there, so it may be necessary with some e-liquids.
After rinsing out a cart, I can get from 23 to 30 drops of fresh liquid into it. Sometimes I let them sit, but my last two I refilled I vaped right away with no flooding or other problems...

Taryn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Florida
I will have to try this! Because of right now I suck at refilling! My refills last for about an hour or two when a brand new cart will last me almost all day! Ive heard a lot of people talk about rinsing the carts out and I tried it but how are you "blowing them out" Do you just put the battery end in your mouth and blow in it real hard? And do you have to wait at all for all the water to dry up until you add juice? I really need to get good at refilling so I can save some money!!

Blowing them out means just that, blowing into the open end with the white cap and o-ring out. A couple of medium blows and it's as dry as a bone inside.

Oh and you do not have to helicopter it around super fast or very long, the bag worked perfect for me for this but I'm sure you could use anything that would allow you to twirl it in a circle.

And even cartos that haven't been rinsed will take much more juice without flooding using this trick.

Last edited:

impostor71

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Naperville, IL
I tried your technique out Taryn and I have to say that it works pretty good. I was vaping on a coconut carto and it was running low. So I dropped in some coconut juice, some chocolate juice and spun that battery holder around. Low and behold, the juices are sucked in or down or wherever. I was able to drop more in, and spun it around. I vaped on it immediately without the gurgling or juices in my mouth. Excellent tip Taryn! thank you!!!

Taryn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Florida
I managed to count the drops today without getting interrupted. This is on a carto that I have been using for over a week and a half, I washed and blew it out several times. Dripped in 20 drops then spun, 10 more and spun again and then a final 10 drops with another short spin. 40 drops from a 5mg bottle and no drown carto! Beautiful vape and no juice in the mouth either.

Please keep me updated on how this trick works for you!

Oh and chocolate is by far my favorite vape, sends me to heaven. Do any other flavors have the creamy quality the chocolate does? I'm betting the cappuccino ones but I dislike coffee flavors.

flying low

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
San Mateo, CA
taryn, what a fantastic idea! unfortunately, i had just finished with my weekly refill routine when i came across this thread. will definitely be trying the Taryn Refill this week. my boyfriend has a tendency to quickly suck the cartos dry while he's on the computer and using the PT. maybe, just maybe, the refills will work better for him.

i just love this forum & the people on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread