Analog Smoker Ready to Take the Plunge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camel Crush

ECF Veteran
Hi folks.

If you can't tell, I am a very fond consumer of the glorious Camel Crush cigarette. After several months of research (and lots of confusion, anger, and sometimes downright disgust), I think I have finally decided upon switching to the e-cigarette world.

Through reading many reviews and comparing prices at many sites, I am now prepared to order the DSE-901 starter kit from vaporcountry.com along with extra atomizers, batteries, the sort-of girly but apparently awesome PCC, the sample pack of juice, as well as Camel and Menthol 10ml in the high format.

I'm thinking I might mix the Camel and Menthol flavors to replicate Camel Crush's astounding taste. I have been a smoker for almost 5 years and Camel Crush is my tried and truest favorite. From Marlboro's (Light and the way to Blend 27), Winston, Camel (Turkish Silver, Lights, and now Crush), I've sort of traveled around a bit.

But, alas, the time has come to ditch this filthy cigarette habit (which my fiance is sure gonna be happy about). No more stinky house! No more stinky clothes! No more stinky car! And no more smoking outside in the cold!

Anyway, my current total for my order stands at $113.92. A large investment for a little guy like myself, but I'm prepared. Does anyone have any advice/comments/flaming for me? I've looked around for any discounts to Vapor Country, but have failed to locate any. Anyone who could point me in a direction for that would be most certainly appreciated.

I will soon be starting my new job of Correctional Officer with the Federal Bureau of Prisons, which will be a large step up in salary from my present clerical job with state court in Kentucky. Unfortunately, I can presently go on a smoke break anytime I like, as many times as I like, and stay as long as I like. This will not be the case at the prison, so that is also a little bit of a swaying factor in my decision to switch. :)

Glad to be aboard here at the forums after several days of reading! :thumb:

Iambuza

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Haverhill, MA
Hi Camel Crush,
Welcome, before you go crazy ordering juice you should get samples. I was a camel light smoker since 1985. Was up to 3 packs a day on a bad day. It's hard to find the same exact taste for your analogs for one very important reason you won't not burning chemicals and paper along with your tobacco, when you vape. The camel I tried didn't taste like camel to me. I have found that the marlboro flavor from Awesome Vapors and Totally Wicked tasted closer to an analog cig and mixed with a few drops of Vanilla, or Orange, or Banana tasted really good. You're on the right track thinking of blending with the menthol.
Good Luck

Camel Crush

ECF Veteran
Hi Camel Crush,
Welcome, before you go crazy ordering juice you should get samples. I was a camel light smoker since 1985. Was up to 3 packs a day on a bad day. It's hard to find the same exact taste for your analogs for one very important reason you won't not burning chemicals and paper along with your tobacco, when you vape. The camel I tried didn't taste like camel to me. I have found that the marlboro flavor from Awesome Vapors and Totally Wicked tasted closer to an analog cig and mixed with a few drops of Vanilla, or Orange, or Banana tasted really good. You're on the right track thinking of blending with the menthol.
Good Luck

I don't know how well I will enjoy the sweet-flavored stuff. I am a huge fan of these peach cigarillos I always buy before fishing trips (Swisher Sweet makes them, I think), but they aren't something I would want to smoke all the time. The reason I like Camel Crush is because it doesn't really TASTE like a cigarette. The menthol is not overpowering (i.e. Salem), but just enough to cover the taste of tobacco (which I hate, btw, especially since FSC came about).

I did try some subtly chocolate-flavored tobacco back in the day when I did some Roll Your Own stuff, but, again, it wasn't my favorite.

I'm trying to get enough to last me for a little while, saving some $$$ on shipping and whatnot, ya know.

alexprobb

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Louisville, KY
Agree with NewJoizy. I've been with KR808D-1 for over 2 months (after trying 3 other models from different suppliers). Bought starter kit from Vapor4Life. Add-ons, carts and juice I get from V4L and NHaler. Both carry quality products and exceptional customer service.
I smoked full flavor cigarettes for 30 years and not a single one after switched to KR808.
Good luck and welcome!

RatRacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2009
S.W. Florida
Just do it, whatever you chose!
As with anything new, there is a change in routine and a learning curve, so be prepared. An extra battery or charging case might help since you are starting a new job and don't know your access to power outlets or how much you'll be hitting on this replacement habit. I came from a 30yr 1 1/2pk a day M'boro red habit to a 510 w/ 2 batteries and I'm charging both leapfrogged at least twice in a day.

alexprobb

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Louisville, KY
Aww, now your just getting me all confused again. I don't think I've read anything about this 808d-1. What makes it better than the 901, which seems to be pretty popular?
I can't say KR is better as I haven't tried 901. Just sharing my personal experience. I also like 510 cart/atomizer ( I use those with KR battery with an adapter available from NHaler).
Jump to Vapor4life and NHaler forum to see users reviews.

Camel Crush

ECF Veteran
Agree with NewJoizy. I've been with KR808D-1 for over 2 months (after trying 3 other models from different suppliers). Bought starter kit from Vapor4Life. Add-ons, carts and juice I get from V4L and NHaler. Both carry quality products and exceptional customer service.
I smoked full flavor cigarettes for 30 years and not a single one after switched to KR808.
Good luck and welcome!

Nice to see someone else from the Bluegrass State. :)

Ok, after looking back, I do see that the KR808d-1 "burns hotter" than the 901, but is very similar in looks and function, it seems. I'll do some more research and try to figure out why you guys like this one so much better. :p

As with anything new, there is a change in routine and a learning curve, so be prepared. An extra battery or charging case might help since you are starting a new job and don't know your access to power outlets or how much you'll be hitting on this replacement habit. I came from a 30yr 1 1/2pk a day M'boro red habit to a 510 w/ 2 batteries and I'm charging both leapfrogged at least twice in a day.

Yeah, I've been .....-footing around for months. I was very intimidated at first simply due to the vast array of styles and brands available. The Blu e-cig was actually the first one to catch my eye, and I almost bought it that first day, but then some reviews on it were sort of crappy, especially the fact that it took like 2 months to get it... that kinda scared me away.

I will have no access to outlets at the new job, which is I was interested in the PCC for the 901. I'm a pack a day smoker presently, and I hope to seamlessly convert to e-cig, at the best scenario. Battery life is gonna be a big issue with me, but I'm kinda shyed away from the Screwdrivers and whatnot... they look... illegal. LOL.

Wakadoo

Sep 8, 2009
El Paso, TX
Hi folks.

Through reading many reviews and comparing prices at many sites, I am now prepared to order the DSE-901 starter kit from vaporcountry.com along with extra atomizers, batteries, the sort-of girly but apparently awesome PCC, the sample pack of juice, as well as Camel and Menthol 10ml in the high format.

Welcome! You'll find out a few things along the way. Namely being that you'll find yourself wondering why you ever started smoking analogs in the first place. You've got A LOT of choices when it comes to ecigs. But right off the bat I wouldn't advise buying a ton of extra atty's or batts in case you DON'T like the 901. Each seems to have it's own distinct characteristics. You might want to try the 901 starter kit, and maybe even a Joye 510 starter kit. I have yet to try a 901 myself but I've been wanting to. I do use a 510 and I love it but I'm always open to new things as money permits. As for juice, again you've got TONS of options. I'm more of a tobacco flavor type guy myself but lately I've gotten hooked on the sweeter fruity liquids. 18-24mg seems to be a good starting point. If it's too strong for you, you can always cut it down a bit with some Vegetable Glycerine that can be gotten pretty cheap online or even at health food stores. Sampler packs are great for this. You don't go and blow 20-30 bucks on 30ml of juice you'll never use. Drew's samplers over at nhaler are awesome. Best thing is to keep an open mind and find your niche!

Camel Crush

ECF Veteran
I can't say KR is better as I haven't tried 901. Just sharing my personal experience. I also like 510 cart/atomizer ( I use those with KR battery with an adapter available from NHaler).
Jump to Vapor4life and NHaler forum to see users reviews.

Ah. I can already tell you I'm not interested in the cartomizers. Dripping sounds like the method I would prefer, simply for cost reasons. I'll be looking to buy a house after getting settled in at the new job (renting right now... it sucks). So, I'm gonna be pinching pennies wherever I can, and the cig habit is my most expensive one.

Am I mistaken, or does the KR use cartomizers?

alexprobb

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Louisville, KY
Ditto to the above. Also, what works for others may not work for you. Often it's a matter of taste, not the quality. If whatever you chose does not satisfy you-don't give up!!! Try different. You will find the right one.

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Personally, I like the 902 from Modern Vapor. It is a wonderful PV. You'll get good prices, good products, and incredible customer service there.

For juice, I have found nothing better than MV's B&H juice. I had an analog in one hand and my 902 with B&H in the other, and couldn't tell the difference. I have about $150 worth of tiny bottles of other stuff just sitting here unused. (I went a little crazy) If you like a slight menthol, get the B&H and then go to DIYflavorshack and get menthol crystals. That way it is true menthol and not plain old mint. You can add just the right amount of menthol to the B&H and it should be perfect for you.

If you've been around this forum, you have no doubt seen people praising the Joye510. Well, the 902 is the best of the 901 and the 510. Now you won't find 902 compatable parts everywhere, which could be considered a bad thing. I think of it as a good thing- not everybody and thier brother is making cheap knockoffs. You'll know you are getting the real thing.

I hope this helps and doesn't add to information overload.

~A

PS - Get the blue filter foam (Marineland - Rite Size U - Bonded Foam Sleeve) at PetSmart and replace the cart filler. Vaping can be very annoying, a lot of fiddling, and wasteful of juice until you hit the sweet spot with the right PV, juice and cart mod. The blue filter foam is as close to perfect as I have found. The juice wicks down to the atty, so you never get that disgusting burnt atty taste, and you use almost every drop of juice in the cart. PM me and I can show you on cam how to do it, if you need help.

Last edited:

Camel Crush

ECF Veteran
Welcome! You'll find out a few things along the way. Namely being that you'll find yourself wondering why you ever started smoking analogs in the first place. You've got A LOT of choices when it comes to ecigs. But right off the bat I wouldn't advise buying a ton of extra atty's or batts in case you DON'T like the 901. Each seems to have it's own distinct characteristics. You might want to try the 901 starter kit, and maybe even a Joye 510 starter kit. I have yet to try a 901 myself but I've been wanting to. I do use a 510 and I love it but I'm always open to new things as money permits. As for juice, again you've got TONS of options. I'm more of a tobacco flavor type guy myself but lately I've gotten hooked on the sweeter fruity liquids. 18-24mg seems to be a good starting point. If it's too strong for you, you can always cut it down a bit with some Vegetable Glycerine that can be gotten pretty cheap online or even at health food stores. Sampler packs are great for this. You don't go and blow 20-30 bucks on 30ml of juice you'll never use. Drew's samplers over at nhaler are awesome. Best thing is to keep an open mind and find your niche!

Thanks for your (lengthy) reply! :)

I'm not gonna be really hard to please... I'm just horribly addicted to nicotine, and as long as I get something to deliver that substance that isn't a tar-infested cigarette, I'll be pretty much good to go. I'm not all that worried about the vapor produced, and all that jazz. Very simplistic in my expectations, I suppose.

I based most of my decisions off of DonDaBoomVape's guide here in the forum. He and Leaford seem to be fond of the 901, so that was my initial basis. It seems a lot of people get curious and purchase several different models before they find their mainstay. But I'm sort of... hm... poor? Haha. Granted, I make $25k a year, which is pretty much rich for this part of the country, but still... I don't have a whole lot of money laying around to spend. I'd probably have a lot more if I wasn't buying a carton of cigs a week, though. :)

alexprobb

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Louisville, KY
Ah. I can already tell you I'm not interested in the cartomizers. Dripping sounds like the method I would prefer, simply for cost reasons. I'll be looking to buy a house after getting settled in at the new job (renting right now... it sucks). So, I'm gonna be pinching pennies wherever I can, and the cig habit is my most expensive one.

Yes, KR does use cartomizers, but they can be refilled. Find "refilling KR808D-1" on youtube.
I use cartomizers on the go (travel for living) for convenience. But at home or hotel I drip. That's when I use 510 with KR batteries. Also, check the mod's forum for 510 fillers mods. I found a blue foam mod and love it. That will save your money big time

Camel Crush

ECF Veteran
Personally, I like the 902 from Modern Vapor. It is a wonderful PV. You'll get good prices, good products, and incredible customer service there.

For juice, I have found nothing better than MV's B&H juice. I had an analog in one hand and my 902 with B&H in the other, and couldn't tell the difference. I have about $150 worth of tiny bottles of other stuff just sitting here unused. (I went a little crazy) If you like a slight menthol, get the B&H and then go to DIYflavorshack and get menthol crystals. That way it is true menthol and not plain old mint. You can add just the right amount of menthol to the B&H and it should be perfect for you.

If you've been around this forum, you have no doubt seen people praising the Joye510. Well, the 902 is the best of the 901 and the 510. Now you won't find 902 compatable parts everywhere, which could be considered a bad thing. I think of it as a good thing- not everybody and thier brother is making cheap knockoffs. You'll know you are getting the real thing.

I hope this helps and doesn't add to information overload.

~A

I went to check out the 902. Seems MV is out of stock right now.

"New 902 with 1/3 bigger cart coming soon."

Yes, I've seen the Joye510 love-fest. LOL.

I sort of fear most of the menthol juices will be a bit too stout for my liking. But menthol crystals, you say? My goodness, I had no idea how complex the e-cig world was... LOL.

alexprobb

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Louisville, KY

2nd thought: nothing beats cartomizers' convenience. Downside is, you don't know what's inside pre-filled one. I've had good and bad ones, and, yes it gets pricey. If my life style was different, I'd use 510 only.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pyzOGQ0tMo

Last edited:

Camel Crush

ECF Veteran
2nd thought: nothing beats cartomizers' convenience. Downside is, you don't know what's inside pre-filled one. I've had good and bad ones, and, yes it gets pricey. If my life style was different, I'd use 510 only.

Hm... that doesn't look ALL that hard. Convenience isn't a big issue for me. Note I was a roll-your-own smoker for about six months. RYO and convenience don't exactly go hand in hand... lol.

BTW, out of curiosity, what were the 3 other models you tried and didn't like prior to the 808D-1?

alexprobb

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Louisville, KY
Hm... that doesn't look ALL that hard. Convenience isn't a big issue for me. Note I was a roll-your-own smoker for about six months. RYO and convenience don't exactly go hand in hand... lol.

BTW, out of curiosity, what were the 3 other models you tried and didn't like prior to the 808D-1?
1st was Ecighawaii I found on Amazon-total disaster. 2nd and 3rd-Green Smoke and Bloog-good vapor, but no throat hit and short battery life. You may find this video helpful: YouTube - Leaford's Video blog 8-4: My New Five Favorites
BTW, I live in Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread