Status
Not open for further replies.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Great to be back to the forum! Gonna skip all the introduction and go right to the review.

Long story short, I received my M201 & 402 almost 2 weeks ago from a Chinese supplier that you can find here:

Welcome to Absolutely eCigs! - Home and corporate website Shenzhen Smoore Technology Co.,Ltd

They arrived in a week and let me start with the box. The 201 has a standard box, much like the generics. The 402 has a very beautiful and classy box that appeals to me very much. I like black and white combos.

I charged both and the instant i used them, i was very surprised especially by the 201. Vapour production is equal or slightly better than the normal 801 (when new) but the difference is in the drag and hit! The drag is super easy. Just like blowing a whistle. I'm not exagerating. The hit is really good even with medium carts. There is no need to do the primer puff at all and in fact, it does not even help when you do a primer puff. Every drag is consistent and produces the same vapour and hit with only slight variations.

The atomiser is a different design (refer to my post with pictures). The atomiser has 4 holes but the 4 holes are bigger than those of my 801. Even the batteries has numerous holes. I identified 2 holes on the threaded line of the battery (the part where you screw in the atomiser) and a few more holes at the battery end. I think this is the reason behind the easiness of drag. In comparison to my 801, the whole unit looks much sturdier and material quality seems to be much better.

Battery lifespan is noticeably longer. I only need to change batteries twice in a day and i smoke heavily. This is for the 201 and even with the 402, the battery lasts much longer than i expect. My e-cig is with me more than my mobile phone. I have my own office and it was retrofitted with an exhaust fan to cater to my smoking habits in the past. So this tells you how heavy a smoker i am. Also, with an office to myself, i can smoke all the time without going out. I think the long battery lifespan of both models can be attributed to the easy drag and consistency of the hit and vapour. It seems that without primer puffs and the need to take long hard drags, it might take less toll on the battery.

Also, there is NO cleaning cycle!!! Of course, unless the cleaning cycle takes more than two weeks to arrive. Then i might be wrong.

I drip on their carts and it works great. They don't sell liquid now but told me that they will soon. The penstyle has always had a problem of liquid not being vaporised up to the end. This is a marked improvement in this department. While it is always better to top up at the slightest hint of dryness, i have found that i was able to smoke till the fibers pretty much turn white on several occasions. I notice it helps to save liquid because no liquid is wasted on primer puffs.

The 402 deserves another mention. It totally blows away my 901 and 103. Although it is unfair to compare it with the 901. The size is just plain sweet. I am showing it off at every opportunity. Battery life is much longer than my 103 and unless I am imagining things, can be compared to my 901, even when it was new. I fill the carts with liquid and make sure i drip a little on the atomiser each time i top up. It produces much more vapor than my 103 and matches my 901 pound for pound. Hit is good and drag is easy. It does not have the problem of 901, where you have to constantly top up. One top up lasts quite long, considering that the fiber in the cart is microscopic in size.

And now, for the disadvantages. Both models cut off when dragged more than 5 seconds. And when they cut off, there is no blinking like what i'm used to. It just cuts off. I was told that it cuts off for 2 minutes but it seems lesser. It is REALLY annoying at first but come to think of it, you don't really need to drag for a full 5 second with these two. The vapour and hit is satisfying after a 3 second drag. It was more of a habit for me so once i got used to it, it became less of a problem. There is also a slight hissing sound on the 402 and a slight vacuum like sound on the 201 but does not bother me at all.

Also, the parts are not interchangeable. Its expected of the 402 but it is too bad for the 201. I have so many 801 batteries and atomisers as well as chargers. What am i gonna do with them now? The batteries seem to fit the charger but i did not want to take any risk since the battery looks different. Others can try and let me know. Another rant on the 402 is that it takes many turns to screw it into the atomiser and charger.

This is about all i have for now. I just ordered another starter kit for the 201 and 402. Actually wanted to just get the batteries and atomiser but since it would not save me much and shipping is a flat fee, i thought i might as well get the kits with chargers.

I don't know much about writing reviews so please go easy on me. Let me know if i missed out anything. Will update along the way. On a last note, this two e-cigs really kicks *ss.....

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
yeah, it seems that's the only difference. so given the choice, i think i would go for a 401 for increased battery time. would love to test out the 201 atz. shame they aren't compatible with other penstyles but i guess it's in their interest for them not to be. if they hold up to more vaping, they could be a great starter kit.

might have to mod a new extension for the screwdriver.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Mine is standard colour. Orange LED for both models. Black and white for 201 and white plus brown carts for 402. Like them classic.

At this point, the atomiser works like new. Thats quite assuring for me cos usually, my 801 atomiser would have already showed signs of performance reduction. Also, i'm skilled at abusing atomisers due to my smoking habits. I gave these two a good workout this time round. I'll continue to monitor and will update here.

Man, I should have ordered a 401 to check the differences, huh?

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
I've got various versions of the 401 and I'd echo everything said here, absolutely cracking e-cig. Battery life is really exceptional for the size, grate vapour. Also the 401 is the only e-cig I've tried (and I've tried way too many:)) that manages to drain a cart almost completely. Makes up for the small cart!

I've got the Intellicig Evo. For those in the UK the Intellicig is cheaper to buy here rather than direct from the factory and the customer service is bloody marvellous.

Last edited:

stephenrowley

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: supplier post in reviews section

stephenrowley

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
As far as I can tell, the M401/02/03 are all the same except for the battery size. The M403 has the smallest battery.

Electronic_Cigarette.jpg

Overall length is M401 - 108mm, M402 - 96mm, M403 - 85mm

Last edited:

futbol9

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2008
  • Deleted by CaSHMeRe
  • Reason: Post had nothing to do with OP's thread

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
that 403 is titchy. wonder why they bothered. didn't see it listed on their main site, last time i checked. if i ever test a new model, i think it's going to have to be one of these guys. i'm intrigued.

I am thinking of ordering a 401 since that is what i'm still lacking and ask if they can send me one or two 403 batteries. That way, will have all sizes. I also don't know why they are not selling the 403 on their website. Will try to ask them.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I am thinking of ordering a 401 since that is what i'm still lacking and ask if they can send me one or two 403 batteries. That way, will have all sizes. I also don't know why they are not selling the 403 on their website. Will try to ask them.

Oops..just realised that their chargers don't match. Well...got to wait for the piggybank to fill up then...

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
which chargers ? and how can you tell ?

Based on what stephenrowley said below...
I figure the different Mah means different charger compatibility. Man..these ecigs are hard to resist. I've not touched my 801,901,103 for the last 2 weeks.

The M401 battery = 200Mah
The M402 battery = 150Mah

I have also used the royal smokers branded version of the M401, what a machine, were the normal M401 has 2 inlet holes thiers has 4, it makes for one hell of a smooth inhalation and huge vapour. This is one little e cig to watch.

stephenrowley

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
The M401 and M402 chargers are the same, not sure about M403 thou. But yes you can use the M401 and M402 battery in the same charger.

The 403 is most likely different. Thats why i cancelled the thought of ordering a separate 403 battery. Will confirm with them though. Can you help me confirm with your supplier too? I would also like to know if the 201 and 801 charger is interchangeable. Hope you don't mind the trouble.

And by the way, i think mine is all 4 hole too.

Fedor,

I am seriously considering the M201. I am going to wait a bit just to see what you have to say about the life of the batteries and atomizer.

I was wondering....were you using 4 hole atomizers on your other pens? Also, are you in the US?

Thanks,
Lu

I was using all 4 hole 801s. I even posted the picture of it in the other thread but did not include the battery end view. I have loads of 801 starter kits and parts....all 4 holes.

The battery and atomiser doesn't seem to be any less weaker compared to 2 weeks back. Still going strong. Not showing any signs of weakening anytime soon but don't quote me. Still need to abuse it much further. The way i use it, 2 weeks could mean a month for some users. I especially love the hit. I've never experienced such hit with Medium carts.

I'm not in the US. Am always alternating between Indonesia, Cambodia and Malaysia for work. Thats why i love their flat fee shipping.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Thanks for the response Fedor. The reason I ask is because I had been using 2 hole atomizers and just recently tried the 4 hole. I love, love, love the 4 hole! What a difference it made.

So I was wondering if the improvement you see was due to using a different type of atomizer than you had been....but I guess not!

I really do like my 801 so I would need to see that there are some substantial differences for me to go with the 201. On the other hand, if they turn out relatively comparable, I probably won't bother.

Will be waiting to hear more :rolleyes:

Lu

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Forgive me for being ignorant but aren't you a little worried about ordering from China especially since the whole lead thing on the news? The price for the E-Cigs are pretty darn good, US39 bucks, can't beat that!

Just about everything you buy is coming from China. Where do you think this stuff is manufactured?

Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread