Glass clearomizer? Is there such a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perpetualsharon

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2012
St. Louis, MO, USA
I have spent a lot of time this morning trying to figure out my next best option since the whole CE4 clearomizer disaster yesterday.
I have read the Quest for Glass/Pyrex tank thread and several others...and I am confused.

What I loved about the clearomizer: ability to hold lots of liquid, like the wicking not fiber fill stuffs.
I don't like using cartridges/cartomizers.

Is there a glass tank option with wicking that works like the clearomizer? I have looked at Phiniac, Bedazzle, Valley Vapes and I am not sure what I need or what to do. Thanks for helping me out. :)

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome , but the simple answer is no . No glass clearomizers . But , Why not try a Vivi-Nova , or even a mini Nova . Their tanks that use a atty type head , that are replaceable and re-buildable as well . They use wicks like the clearo's , and you can see how much juice is left . Might be , just what you need . Good Luck

Perpetualsharon

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2012
St. Louis, MO, USA
My favorite cinnamon etched the plastic and it now has a burned taste to it... And its kinda scary looking. I had lots of issues yesterday. BUT I didn't smoke a real cigarette. I put a regular cartomizer on my eGo C and I'm making do with that until I come up with a viable solution. meaning... I'm lazy and only want to refill every other day or so.

Ignorant

Aug 13, 2012
Finland
My favorite cinnamon etched the plastic and it now has a burned taste to it... And its kinda scary looking. I had lots of issues yesterday. BUT I didn't smoke a real cigarette. I put a regular cartomizer on my eGo C and I'm making do with that until I come up with a viable solution. meaning... I'm lazy and only want to refill every other day or so.
Happened to my Vivi Nova with Freedom smoke USA , Fireball juice.:evil:

Two full tanks of cola, coffee and menthol juices, the burnt taste seems to be gone.

Perpetualsharon

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2012
St. Louis, MO, USA
bad tank vs new tank
perpetualsharon-albums-perpetualstuff-picture132744-dang-clearomizers-cinnamon-dont-play-well-together.jpg

2 weeks of Big R. Ed (cinnamon flavor)

Edit: even with the plastic mouthpiece/cartridge/tank in one that came with my eGo, I can taste/smell plastic. Maybe I am just super sensitive to the plastic.

Last edited:

Perpetualsharon

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2012
St. Louis, MO, USA
I wonder if this is a viable option? A bit on the pricey side at $50 but maybe worth it if it does what I want and doesn't taste like plastic.
Torpedo Tank.. Torpedo Tank Stainless Steel
You get a choice of poly or SS tank but then they also sell 5ml glass replacement. I sent an email to see if this is what I have been searching for... We'll see.

Edit: they talk about the glass replacement but I can't see where to buy it...and I did read somewhere they may have discontinued selling ?!?

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I wonder if this is a viable option? A bit on the pricey side at $50 but maybe worth it if it does what I want and doesn't taste like plastic.
Torpedo Tank.. Torpedo Tank Stainless Steel
You get a choice of poly or SS tank but then they also sell glass replacement. I sent an email to see if this is what I have been searching for... We'll see.

Probably not any better because it also uses polycarbonate, and it is the polycarbonate that some juices react with in clearos. It would be better if you could find a clearo not made from polycarbonate I think.

Perpetualsharon

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2012
St. Louis, MO, USA
For anyone who hasn't seen this - a list of juices that have been found to react with polycarbonate: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-crack-tanks-ce2s-clearos-27.html#post6849917
I've been reading this thread and there are a lot of things that I like that are going to ruin my tanks, thus the search for something a little more sturdy. My husband just mentioned copper since that is what our water pipes in our home a made of... Seems a reasonable substitute but copper is dang expensive around here.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I've been reading this thread and there are a lot of things that I like that are going to ruin my tanks, thus the search for something a little more sturdy. My husband just mentioned copper since that is what our water pipes in our home a made of... Seems a reasonable substitute but copper is dang expensive around here.

What set up are you using? There are some new clearos coming that are made of a different plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread