Status
Not open for further replies.

aurea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2012
Nashville, TN
docs.google.com
First, let me state that I love cappuccino and drink it regularly. I've also drunk it in several countries. So I know what a good cappuccino truly tastes like. When I got into vaping this was in my must tries list. What a HUGE disappointment.

The first one that I purchased had a distinctive awful chemically odor. To be honest I assumed that the vendor didn't know how to make a good juice. Then I tried another vendor and another, always the same gross chemically smell. Finally, I tried out Highbrow Vapor and got a caramel cappuccino that was pretty darn awesome! But it wasn't perfect I wanted more.

So, of course this was at the top of my list for flavors to make when I started DIY'ing. I was sure that I could make this flavor exactly the way that I wanted it. Pride (of course) goeth before the fall...

I've now gotten flavoring from two different vendors and the minute I took the lids off I knew exactly which vendors were using which flavorings. This stuff is awful, fit for nothing but the rubbish bin.

So, very long winded story short can anyone PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE (with a cherry on top), tell me where on earth I can find a cappuccino flavoring that does not smell (or taste) like it's coming out of a Lysol factory?

Last edited:

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
Mostly replying to be subscribed... I'd also love to have a great dark coffee or cappuccino flavor. I have a handful of different coffees, and don't like most of them very much. So far I've had the most success with FA Espresso and some homebrew coffee. I like the FA Esp. mixed with Capella's hazelnut, dulce de leche, & vanilla.

A lot of people seem to like TPA car. capp. at 1 drop per 10ml. I guess I didn't think it was bad, but to me it mostly tasted like caramel (and I already have other caramels that I like more).

Have you tried Capella's cappuccino? I have it on my list of things to try, since I need a good coffee and I've had pretty much nothing but success with CAP flavors.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
My caramel cappuccino mix is my daily vape. It is sooo good with my morning coffee! I use Flavor Apprentice caramel cappuccino.. 2 drops per 20 ml. This is VERY important! this stuff is strong and any more than 1 drop per every 10ml is too much! I make up around 20ml at a time, 2 drops of the caramel capp.. 4 drops of Flavor Apprentice sweet cream and a couple drops of sweetener. This mix is awesome! I can put it in a tank with a punched carto and it is good refill after refill for weeks! It is the only juice that I use with filler type cartos now.. I guess it masks the filler taste because I get a filler taste with my other mixes and I don't with this one. After a month or so in use.. I took apart a carto that I had been using daily with this mix.. no gunk, no burnt filler. I really don't know what I would do if I didn't have this flavor and this mix. I also sometimes add other flavors to it.. maybe capella vanilla custard instead of sweet cream.. but the sweet cream is my favorite.

I'm not a big caramel cappuccino drinker, so I can't say if it tastes like the drink.. but it's good to vape :)

fooey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2012
chicago
I have to agree the tfa/tpa caramel cap is very strong. It smells great not like cap. but more like a waffle, asian ry4, fortune cookie, mini chinese waffle balls. I did the usual 10% and boy that chemical taste was so bad i never used it again. Im sure using a low low % will work out, steeping is underestimated and you have to try it.

aurea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2012
Nashville, TN
docs.google.com
Okay, I'll be honest the two that I purchased are mentioned in above posts. But I never in a million years (I'm new to DIY) would have thought to put in only one drop. So, I'll give it a shot and see how it works out. Meanwhile I'm sticking it in a plastic bag, in a plastic container, in a drawer... This stuff smells awful.

And... I will let it steep <SIGH> :)

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
I've never had a real cappuccino, but I do like coffee with extras. I've tried Capella and Flavour Art cappuccino flavors, and wasn't very happy with them. I do like most of the other flavors that I got from those brands, though.

I'm another who likes TFA caramel cappuccino. Not being a fan of black coffee, I doctor it with TFA Bavarian cream and EM. My latest, favorite recipe for it is pretty simple:

For 10ml batch:

1 drop TFA Caramel Cappuccino
7 drops TFA Bavarian Cream
3 drops TFA Ethyl Maltol

Sometimes I add a drop or two of cinnamon flavoring.

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
I guess i have only one simple question....

When everyone says "drop"...what is the qualifying factor?
Use her small glass droppers...or the medium pipette...the super small pipette?!?!?!?

The variances in drop size could be a huge factor....a lil help would be nice..

Thx.... :blush:

That's an interesting question. There are so many vendors who sell their flavors, many of whom repackage them in whatever bottles that they happen to buy, there is bound to be a difference in drop sizes even among similar bottles.

I've never bought directly from The Flavor Apprentice. My Caramel Cappuccino flavoring was bought from Good Prophets' DIY flavoring line. The bottle that it's in is here. Mad Vapes and several other places also sell those bottles with the same droppers. The dropper tip on those bottles has a bigger ID than many do. The 10ml bottles that I have gotten from several vendors have a more restricted, leak-proof orifice, shown here.

I'd estimate that the drop size is 1.5 times that of the more restricted one, on the dropper that mine has. I'd guess that it would be quite a bit smaller than what a glass dropper or pipette would produce, though.

I should add that the 1 drop in my previous post is an estimate for those that have the full-strength flavoring. I cut mine to 25% strength with PG immediately after trying it, in order to make it easier to work with, and I use 3 drops in that particular recipe.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I have read several threads on here that TFA has a good caramel cappo but it is extremely strong like 2 drops per 10ml max. I have the flavor but haven't made a mix yet. It's on my to do list. Capella would be a good start for an easy to work with flavor.

I use the TPA Caramel Cappuccino as a daily vape. I have been using it for over a year. When it first came out there were so many people just tossing it because they thought it was horrible.

I did not give up on it and passed what worked for me along to others which is 1 drop flavoring per 10 ml of base. I lost count of the people that actually PMd me to thank me because my recipe worked so well for them.

Sometimes I add a little TPA Sweet Cream or a little FA Caramel to the mix and that is pretty tasty too. :)

2 drops per 10 ml would be way too strong and gives it a burnt taste IMO.

Good luck to the OP.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I guess i have only one simple question....

When everyone says "drop"...what is the qualifying factor?
Use her small glass droppers...or the medium pipette...the super small pipette?!?!?!?

The variances in drop size could be a huge factor....a lil help would be nice..

Thx.... :blush:

I drop straight from the dropper bottle that it comes in and that has worked well for me although I do understand what you are saying about variance in drop sizes.

bah-num

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Florida
Okay, I'll be honest the two that I purchased are mentioned in above posts. But I never in a million years (I'm new to DIY) would have thought to put in only one drop. So, I'll give it a shot and see how it works out. Meanwhile I'm sticking it in a plastic bag, in a plastic container, in a drawer... This stuff smells awful.

And... I will let it steep <SIGH> :)

I'm wondering if the TPA caramel is the same way. It smells so awful... just so so awful. Did I mention it smells downright awful? I have a Craftsman tool chest that is my "vape locker". It is not allowed in the vape locker under any circumstances. Even if I pick it up by the bottle cap, the residue gets on my fingers and I can smell it for hours, even after washing my hands and using copious amounts of hand sanitizer.

Just so we're clear, because we have to be with all the different caramels offered by TPA, that I'm not talking about caramel (original) or the caramel candy (although that one tastes as awful at 10% as I imagine the caramel would if I dared to try it); just the caramel... maybe we should have Linda give it a new name... like caramel (new) or "death by caramel" or something.

Well, I just mixed it up at 1 drop in 5ml... it's not absolutely horrible, but I think I'll continue using other caramels instead.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I'm wondering if the TPA caramel is the same way. It smells so awful... just so so awful. Did I mention it smells downright awful? I have a Craftsman tool chest that is my "vape locker". It is not allowed in the vape locker under any circumstances. Even if I pick it up by the bottle cap, the residue gets on my fingers and I can smell it for hours, even after washing my hands and using copious amounts of hand sanitizer.

Just so we're clear, because we have to be with all the different caramels offered by TPA, that I'm not talking about caramel (original) or the caramel candy (although that one tastes as awful at 10% as I imagine the caramel would if I dared to try it); just the caramel... maybe we should have Linda give it a new name... like caramel (new) or "death by caramel" or something.

Well, I just mixed it up at 1 drop in 5ml... it's not absolutely horrible, but I think I'll continue using other caramels instead.

That's interesting. I never noticed a plain caramel that was not the original. I have found that if a flavor smells that strong, you have to use tiny amounts in your mixes. Some of the flavors that smell horrible taste great when you find the right amount to mix at.

I love my Caramel Cappuccino but DH says it smells horrible when I vape it around him lol

I agree about the Caramel Candy but it is tasty used at 5% or below mixed with a little Sweet Cream. I do like FW Caramel Candy better though for my tastes.

bah-num

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Florida
That's interesting. I never noticed a plain caramel that was not the original. I have found that if a flavor smells that strong, you have to use tiny amounts in your mixes. Some of the flavors that smell horrible taste great when you find the right amount to mix at.

I love my Caramel Cappuccino but DH says it smells horrible when I vape it around him lol

I agree about the Caramel Candy but it is tasty used at 5% or below mixed with a little Sweet Cream. I do like FW Caramel Candy better though for my tastes.

Yeah, TPA has 3 caramels now. I haven't tried FW caramel candy, but I definitely intend to when I re-up on some other FW flavors.

~Shado~

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
^-^-^5280^-^-^
Thank you Lucent and Salem...:toast:

There in is the solution to my issue....lol...I have always bought directly from Linda, and yep, always in glass bottles. And been a syringe mixer for a few years.

Never thought about the flavoring being in a different container (bottled from different venders):facepalm:

Now the mixing begins....woot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread