Why won’t they just WORK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyPamela

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Bay Area, California
I am getting really tired of messing with my 510 all the time. One day it is great! The next it won’t draw. The next no vapor. The next no taste but air. The next the atty floods constantly. The next the batteries don't seem to last even one cigarette worth of drags. On and on and on!!!

I just want it to work! I do the same thing each time. I drip two drops on the atty. I’m not an idiot that can’t figure out how to “smoke” these. When it works by dripping it is fabulous. It’s all the other times that I want to throw it as far as I can.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Not sure what to say, since mine always work.

My charger always works, and my batteries always work.
My atomizers always work unless I flood them.

I used to have issues with dry atomizers.
So I changed the wicking material I use, and now use the blue foam.

I now sometimes have leaking issues which causes flooded atomizers.
That tells me I didn't use enough blue foam, so I blow out the atomizer and cut a bigger piece.

Some people say not to clean your atomizers but I think it should be done once a week at least.
And filler material should be used only three times at most in my opinion.

The juice can dry up inside the atomizer or filler material and clog things up.
Also, some filler materials stop wicking as well after a couple few uses.

Last edited:

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I am getting really tired of messing with my 510 all the time. One day it is great! The next it won’t draw. The next no vapor. The next no taste but air. The next the atty floods constantly. The next the batteries don't seem to last even one cigarette worth of drags. On and on and on!!!

I just want it to work! I do the same thing each time. I drip two drops on the atty. I’m not an idiot that can’t figure out how to “smoke” these. When it works by dripping it is fabulous. It’s all the other times that I want to throw it as far as I can.

I know where you are coming from. My advice, cut loose of the factory batteries. Go to Modders section and learn how to make a NicoStick---they are the easiest and if I can do it, you can too.
If you got a boyfriend or hubby, maybe talk him into doing it.
You can also make a NicoStick to wire directly to the wall by using a Wall Wart and one to use with car lighter. Believe me life gets a WHOLE lot more enjoyable.

LadyPamela

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Bay Area, California
The fact that there ARE so many mods just to get it to work satisfactorily is very telling. PTB, Straw, batteries, etc. Just need a solid device that works the same every time.

I am waiting for my Protege and new attys that I ordered. Right now, I have tried different batteries, attys, carts. No fill in cart, just dripping. Filling the cart, no dripping. Filling the cart plus dripping. Nothing is friggin' working today just like two weekends ago!! I have blown out the atty twice. No vapor or taste. Drip TWO drops and it's gurgling and still no vapor or taste!

I am ready to scream!

Birdy

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Houston
LadyPamela-
Have you tried any other PVs? What main features are you looking for in one?
I personally switched to a m401 from the 510 and I love it. I don't get why people are so keen on the 510. Now I never clean my attys, I get consistent vapor and I can actually taste flavor and not just burnt socks.
I considered cartos but I just love having the option to drip too much. I am considering a 3.7 mod soon but not one with a 510 atty :p

edit:: took too long to post, now I see you're getting a Protege. My suggestion is to try the other attys you can use with it.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I have blown out the atty twice. No vapor or taste. Drip TWO drops and it's gurgling and still no vapor or taste!
If it is gurgling then it is kind of flooded still.
I am going to have to guess that you aren't blowing it out hard enough.

When I blow out my atomizer I blow hard enough to burst a vein.
And I'm 6'5" and I'm VERY full of hot air.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I hope the Protege works better.
I don't think the Protege is going to work a whole lot better for you.
I hope I'm wrong, I really do.

At least you can count on it giving you longer battery life.

But once you get past the battery, every electronic cigarette is basically the same.
You have to keep it wicking juice to the atomizer without flooding it.
That's really the bottom line.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
If it is gurgling then it is kind of flooded still.
I am going to have to guess that you aren't blowing it out hard enough.
Oh, and I should have mentioned, I don't use my 510 atomizer to drip.
In my experience two big drops is more than it can handle.

But people are going to say different things because they dispense different sized drops.

I use a 306 atomizer, which is compatible with the 510 batteries, when I want to drip.
It can take more drops than the 510 atomizer can.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I have been sucking and blowing so hard today that the back of my cheeks are literally sore... And I have nothing to show for it!!! :p
Using my best judgment, and the maximum amount of restraint I can muster...
I am quite possibly going to succeed in leaving that one alone.
:D

Birdy

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Houston
What do I want in a PV? Lots of vapor and an actual taste and hit. The usual things.

huh... ok. :p I simply meant, what specific features are you looking for? (or are you just venting?)

Portability? super mini or m702
Simplicity? kr808
Flavor? 901, 801, m201
All of the above? M401/2/3
----
Big hit long batteries? a mod

bigozone

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2009
Kentucky
i have a feeling that all that will change when you get the protege in... i sure hope so considering what they cost...

but most of the problems you describe are usually caused by either not enough current going thru the atty or not enough juice at the atty. since you are dripping i'd say its either a lack of power or an atty that is under-preforming.

i'd like to know what the resistance across the atty is. you wouldn't have a multi-meter for testing volts and ohms would you?

jerrydon10

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Pamela,

510s, as you buy them, are designed only to work as you bought them. They are not designed for dripping or dipping or flipping.

They are designed to be bought with carts and when those carts are empty, you buy more pre-filled carts and this continues ad nauseum....This works!

Of course, no one does this. They buy juice and don't know how to refill the carts properly; that doesn't work and they start dripping (which is silly IMO because that is just another PITA).

If you are going to use your own juice, then you have to mod your 510 to accept what it was not designed to do. And this is easy.

See the spring mod, also called the ADM. Once you have inserted the spring, fill your juice to the top of the spring and insert the polyfill plug. Tapping the plug with your finger will raise juice into it and you will learn exactly how the plug should look not to flood, or vape too dry.

If you are not comfortable doing this, you need to just dump the 501 in the classified section and buy the two piece cartomizer kit.

However, if you are willing to do this, you will have created the most awesome vape that the standard models have to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread