Not open for further replies.

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Hi all.

I hope no one takes what I am about to write with any malice or negativity, it is not meant toward 99% of my awesome customers.

In the last two plus weeks I have had a rash of returns and return requests, almost all of them have requested I send them different products and pay for their shipping costs. In most of these cases the items have come back to me either in working condition or damaged beyond what would be considered normal.

I am getting severely stressed out over this, as I grow this kind of stuff is to be expected but in the last day alone I have refunded and or paid for shipping to the tune of over $300.00 That's just one day.

This is MY FAULT, because I do not have a set explicit return policy and I am liberal with it, I am being taken advantage of intentional or not.

This must stop, for several reasons most obvious is no one can run a business this way.
I DESPISE becoming just one of the regular vendors but now I am starting to realize how naive I have been.

The return policy will be posted on my website and it's part of the terms and conditions each person agrees to when they order.
If any part of this policy is unfavorable to you, I apologize and truly wish you better service at another vendor.

1. Return for refunds are now 24 hour DOA only.
If you have not inspected your items within 24 hours, there will be no refund. You may return for credit, at your expense.
2. Return shipping costs will be paid by DiscountVapers for 24 hour DOA only.
I will no longer pay for shipping of any return for any product after a 24 hour period after you receive the order.
3. No item can be returned for different item.
If it is bad, goes bad or is DOA, it gets swapped for the same item unless it is no longer in stock.
4. Shipping charges are not going to be refunded or paid for any other reason outside of 24 hour DOA or a blatant mistake by me or anyone at DiscountVapers.
It is your responsibility to check your items, USPS is a separate entity and there is no profiteering in shipping charges.
5. The customer will cover the cost to ship back any product after 24 hours regardless of status of item.
You must notify me within this period for shipping consideration.
6. Claimed defectives & general returns.
If an item is claimed to be defective and it is returned to me and it tests ok, it will not be shipped back out unless shipping charges are covered by the customer. You may receive a credit on your store account, subject to the actual item in question and the level of ambiguity of "defective" interpretation (example something doesn't work on "your" eGo but works on ours etc...) but refunds will not be given on working items. Further, all items returned will be credited to your store account plus a prorated weight cost and will not be reshipped, unless it was the only item on your original order. You may use the credit to repurchase and add to a future order.

To Return any item(s) you MUST include a copy of your original receipt, or a clearly written note describing what the item is, what the problem is and what you are expecting with the return, further you must CLEARLY write your name and contact information on the envelope or include it with the return. You should use tracking and insurance on the return as we are not responsible for "lost" shipments coming back to us.

To item #3 above, I am not a try it and if you do not like it get something else store. Everything that comes back that is saleable or otherwise not defective I cannot get credit for and I have to take the loss, previously this wasn't a problem, now it has become one. It is your job as the consumer to make sure what you are buying is what you want or need, if you have questions you can post on the forum or simply email me, I cannot be responsible for someones decision making.

None of the items above invalidate any warranty, this policy change is not meant to supersede my very liberal return policy, if something isn't working, let me know, we'll work together, fairly, to get it fixed. This policy change is solely to eliminate those instances that are taking advantage of my original polices and hurting our business ability.

The items I sell come mostly from China, I do not make these items, if something isn't working please be civil in talking with me, there is no need to get angry, make threats or otherwise make a simple return more difficult. I will not tolerate it, anymore. I am not out to take your money and run, I am not here to make your life difficult. I realize other vendors may be a bit antagonistic or otherwise have given you a hard time, that does not happen with me, unless a line is crossed. I work, literally, 20 hours a day I do not have the time or energy for discourtesy. If I do not return your call or email you within an hour, this does not mean I am ignoring you and the discourtesy level should not rise because of this, I will get back to you, if I do not, contact me again or post on the forum, sometimes emails get lost in spam filters, it happens.

I started this venture for many reasons but it has become mostly to save the average vaper some hard earned money, this means I make a bit less than other vendors out there, if I do not change my policies I will quickly be out of business, I do not want this to happen.

There are a new set of policies for International shipments, if this applies to you please visit the website for details.

I WELCOME feedback on this policy in any areas you may feel are unfair or I have not addressed properly, I am always flexible.

I will also be taking pictures of each order before it is sent out for accuracy, one of my great customers suggested this and it is a fantastic suggestion.

Last edited:

Mooki

ECF Veteran
$300 in one day? whoa

maybe it could be something like. no item replacment for value under $50... and only replacment on next order for small things like an atomizer or a thors kit or something. and if you want a return you must make a video of your faults before you will even accept the return

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Eric you have to look out for your self to as long as i have been ordering from you only two miss hap,s not bad at all started ordering from you were gogo usa.and well still be ordering from you for a long time to come. and you are right it is up to us to order the right stuff.

LOL two is too many I'll try to do better :)

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
you are doing just fine only two is great some other,s have done way worse than you.That is since you started selling stuff i am to the point i just order from you and that is it.if you do not have it i well wait in tell you get it in stock.

I must be doing something right :)

Woody-GC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
SW Kansas
I must be doing something right :)

It is unfortunate that there are a few others that have taken advantage of your generosity Eric. It is sad that we have to take the positions of this nature, but we must. I value your support of the vaping community and also of being the very best vendor we could ever hope for. You are doing everything right and many thanks go to you.
Woody

vexxygirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2012
Wenatchee Washington, USA
I also agree! It saddens me to think of people being this way or doing this to such an amazing person/business. I've ordered completely blind, you helped me through it! I greatly appreciate your extremely NICE way of dealing with (excuse me here NOOB) that I am. Friendly, FAST, and always willing to answer questions! I even on another guys post told it like it has been for me doing business with you (DV) as he says he has been waiting 2 weeks for his purchase and hasn't gotten any response back from you... YOU emailed me in 5 minutes of me sending you! Just having a hard time understanding.... You've gone above and beyond for me, and from ALL the posts I have read, YOU are this way with ALL alike! Anyway, I am done rambling but I hope you don't get soo discouraged by these unfortunate cases... I am TRULY sorry people are this way. YOU are AWESOME Eric and THANK YOU!

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
I even on another guys post told it like it has been for me doing business with you (DV) as he says he has been waiting 2 weeks for his purchase and hasn't gotten any response back from you... YOU emailed me in 5 minutes of me sending you!

I think either his issue is a wrong contact email or a spam thing, not sure, I replied to the post hopefully we get it fixed for him. :)

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I find it almost unbelievable the audacity of people! They make a mistake and blame you? I find your policies fair and think it is too bad you had to even post this.

I have been recommending your kit for newbies, I think that is the best thing ever, and only wish someone had led me to it when I was new. I would have saved a lot of money and bypassed all the crap I bought. You are doing this community and specifically newbies a SERVICE with that kit. Oh, and BTW, I must have posted your link 5 times in the past 24 hours for it so I hope you got some orders and return customers from it :laugh:

Sensible policies and periodic review are.. Sensible. That said, if yer working 20 hours a day, yer doing something wrong. I presume you get some sleep in those remaining 4 hours?

I've noted elsewhere it would help to list specs, dimensions.. Pics with something for a size comparison, etc. Also that some of the pages are not letting you zoom & slide-show.. Maintennance Issues. "In a hundred years.."

I gotta' order soon.. cat needs more toys. ;-)

Barto

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2011
Kapetown
Sensible policies and periodic review are.. Sensible. That said, if yer working 20 hours a day, yer doing something wrong. I presume you get some sleep in those remaining 4 hours?

I've noted elsewhere it would help to list specs, dimensions.. Pics with something for a size comparison, etc. Also that some of the pages are not letting you zoom & slide-show.. Maintennance Issues. "In a hundred years.."

I gotta' order soon.. cat needs more toys. ;-)

20 hours a day is normal for starting businesses. Everyone in investment banking works 80+ hours a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread