Status
Not open for further replies.

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
I decided to make a thread dedicated to this atomizer because I am pretty sure it will be both popular and there will be a lot of questions I might not be able to answer as I am a newbie to rebuildables and others can help us all with this new cool stuff!

So, with that said and because they are IN STOCK and not "weeks away".. I give you...

The Griffin Rebuildable Atomizer tank
(did clone)

New! Finally an affordable rebuildable atomizer with a tank system holding up to 4-5ml

banner2.jpg

Not generally for beginners unless you want to get your feet wet with an easily rebuilable atomizer. Even if you don't this is a great item to have to test liquids or get the best vape possible, easy to clean the parts or remove them entirely. This items come ready to vape so even if you have no plans to rebuild this is a nice addition to your vape collection.

Made with Stainless steel and plated Copper/Brass (not sure which yet, I will scrape one soon to find out). All parts are plated so there is no worry about copper or brass contacting your eLiquid.
Can be disassembled and put back together in minutes, very easy to clean, use and rebuild.

16mm Overall Diameter
53mm Overall Length assembled (without drip tip)

Comes with
1 fully built Griffin (using ss mesh)
1 spare roll of coil
1 Nice metal drip tip
1 "Gift" tin

Please note, as this comes in a tin and it is not really packed all that well it will rattle around a bit. I do not want to deprive you of the tin it comes in as it can come in handy to store parts for your Griffin (extra parts coming soon) Also, due to the rebuildable nature of this item, there are no refunds unless there is a defective part ie, a screw is bad or something similar. Vape quality with the included starter mesh and coil is not warrantied as it is fully customizable.

Eric's Review:
whoa! Just got this did "clone", just filled just vaped it.. very very nice. Although I recommend a good cleaning with filtered tap water or alcohol as this comes preassembled and of course first vape doesn't mean anything as this is intended for your rebuilding pleasure not a throw away vape, so if the vape is not to your liking out of the box, modify it. But me.. I like it as is :)
Very happy to have this on board at DV

Ok now on to some pictures of the item and disassembly to get an idea of how it works.

DiscountVapers.com_Griffin_rebuildable_atomizer_front2__85755_zoom.jpg

DiscountVapers.com_Griffin_rebuildable_atomizer_bottom__18179_zoom.jpg

DiscountVapers.com_Griffin_rebuildable_atomizer_topangle__02665_zoom.jpg

DiscountVapers.com_Griffin_rebuildable_atomizer_parts2__56332_zoom.jpg

DiscountVapers.com_Griffin_rebuildable_atomizer_shot2__42676_zoom.jpg

DiscountVapers.com_Griffin_rebuildable_atomizer_parts3__11277_zoom.jpg

DiscountVapers.com_Griffin_rebuildable_atomizer_sideangle__50075_zoom.jpg

To disassemble first remove the cone.

Next unscrew the tiny screw with the included l Wench, unscrew the one the coil is connected to, you do not need to remove the other screw (it's the fill hole)

DiscountVapers.com_Griffin_rebuildable_atomizer_step0__71681_zoom.jpg

in the picture below I have taken the screw of and you can see the empty hole with the coil laying around the empty hole.
Now unscrew the top screw, this is where the other side of the coil connects, once unscrewed the coil is free to be removed from the stem.

DiscountVapers.com_Griffin_rebuildable_atomizer_step1__85380_zoom.jpg

Next carefully slide out the mesh

DiscountVapers.com_Griffin_rebuildable_atomizer_step2__75343_zoom.jpg

Unscrew the next screw

DiscountVapers.com_Griffin_rebuildable_atomizer_step3__22998_zoom.jpg

Continue with the third screw

DiscountVapers.com_Griffin_rebuildable_atomizer_step4__92285_zoom.jpg

Now you can push the center post down out the bottom

DiscountVapers.com_Griffin_rebuildable_atomizer_step5__97347_zoom.jpg

another angle

DiscountVapers.com_Griffin_rebuildable_atomizer_step6__20987_zoom.jpg

Once the stem is out you can take off the top by unscrewing it from the internal support pin

You can see the support pin inside

DiscountVapers.com_Griffin_rebuildable_atomizer_step7__87423_zoom.jpg

Next pull off the tank

DiscountVapers.com_Griffin_rebuildable_atomizer_step8__45746_zoom.jpg

Unscrew the support pin from the base

DiscountVapers.com_Griffin_rebuildable_atomizer_step9__44233_zoom.jpg

That's it, you have now dissembled the Griffin and it can be cleaned and rebuilt the same way reversing the steps.

BEFORE ANYONE ASKS
1. Yes I am getting mesh for the Griffin
2. Yes I am getting coils for the Griffin
3. Yes I am getting replacement parts for the Griffin
4. Yes I am getting clear and or colored tanks for the Griffin if I can get them

Oh and Griffin is a name I gave it while talking with LD on skype one day it's basically like a Pheonix on steroids so I figured I'd give it a related mythical name. let's hope it sticks because it's a much better name than "did clone" :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: If you talk about it on other forums, feel free to call it the Griffin :p

Last edited:

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Gormly does the e-liquid slip out past the stainless mesh wick thru the hole its in as i see not plastic washer- when tipped or laid on its side .
Thanks this looks like a nice unit.

you mean leak? Not that I can see, I held it upside down for about 30 seconds, nothing came out, it does get a little "wet" inside but that's to be expected from condensation of the liquid but so far no leaks, I'll leave my unit on it's side all night see what happens.

carlton M

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Walnut Creek Ca
Oh! You guys! Dangit! Don't know why but I was drawn (called?) to look at your site today, with out the thought of buying anything, then I saw the Griffin, and before I knew it I was ordering it! Have you hypnotized me? my wife is going to kill me if I spend anymore$$$!
That's what I will tell her- Yah...yah! I was hypnotized!
Seriously thanks for always coming up with something new that I can actually afford!

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Oh! You guys! Dangit! Don't know why but I was drawn (called?) to look at your site today, with out the thought of buying anything, then I saw the Griffin, and before I knew it I was ordering it! Have you hypnotized me? my wife is going to kill me if I spend anymore$$$!
That's what I will tell her- Yah...yah! I was hypnotized!
Seriously thanks for always coming up with something new that I can actually afford!

That's the goal...

at this rate these will be gone by morning.. HOLY MOLY!!! better get on the horn and order some more!

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Thanks Eric since i placed order i looked and the ones in stock dropped by 5 already, i wish you well .
Im familar with rebuildables and making coils etc and look forward to future parts for it. A clear tank for it or something with a viewing window would be nice. In the mean time i will enjoy this tank as i can wrap the coils and tune it to my vaping pleasure.
Thanks again
Martin

PS thast our dog and very mild manner easy going and listens well, we have a AKC Yorkie who is a genuine pain but we love him regardless !

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Thanks Eric since i placed order i looked and the ones in stock dropped by 5 already, i wish you well .

and I added another 50 to it 40 minutes ago that I hadn't opened yet,. crrrazy.

and look forward to future parts for it. A clear tank for it or something with a viewing window would be nice.

already in the works :)

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Would you say this is easy or not to hard to learn how to make a new coil? I bought a phoenix clone but really didn't care for dripping so never used it.. THis seems like a better toy for me but worried about F-ing things up..

You can do it.. Just takes a little practice. Go for it. You wont be sorry.. its not too hard...

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Is it the size of the standard DID or the mini?can you please post a pic of it on a mod device for size reference?thanks.am very interested coz i love the pheonix a lot
Short DID is 46mm X 20 mm cap =2ml
Mini DID is 50mm X 14mm cap =2ml called mini probably cause diameter is less

Eric's is 53mm X 16mm and in my opinion a bargain in my opinion just do not tell Eric that ! ; )
Thanks again Eric.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Would you say this is easy or not to hard to learn how to make a new coil? I bought a phoenix clone but really didn't care for dripping so never used it.. THis seems like a better toy for me but worried about F-ing things up..

It is very simple , look up Scott Bonner video .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread