Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Hi ladies and gentlemen, Many many people have been VERY enthusiastic about one of the newer kids on the block, Ahlusion e-liquids. They have naturally extracted tobacco e-liquids as well as teas, fruit flavors, desserts, bakery, so several of us thought it would be cool to bring it all together in the General e-liquid Discussion category. Even looking at their site will make you drool. So...which is your favorite. And why? And if you have additional tips about the best PV to use for this one and that one or mixes or anything really, here's the place to tell us all about it!

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I implore all vapers new to Ahlusion (and those that may have already purchased) to communicate with the owners, Wlad and Alley, before ordering. They work to get things right for your specific set-up, tastes, and expectations -- no need to fly blind. There is a tab near the bottom of each page of liquid that says "New to Ahlusion," this is what is revealed behind that tab:

"Please contact us before ordering with any questions you might have. Let us know what you use for your primary vaporizer and type/style of atomizer or cartomizer (including resistance). This helps us to learn more about your preferences and how to adjust our e-liquids accordingly.

Sample Policy

We make samples upon request and with qualifying orders of $20 and up (and pending availability and order load), not including our Premium tobacco line. Just like any other e-liquid of any size, we mix our samples at the time of order. This means that we do not have random samples to include with orders, so please be specific when requesting a sample. It's ok, go ahead and ask. Please include your sample request in the order comments box during checkout."

Ahlusion's website is deceptively simple, but upon further navigation, a wealth of information can be uncovered. Information regarding practices, ingredients, methods, philosophies and their unrelenting drive for modernizing the e-juice experience can all be found by digging. I have spent a great deal of time conversing with the owner and delving deep into the site -- I believe Ahlusion is on the cutting edge of e-juice manufacturing and they are not just another e-juice vendor.

Last edited:

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
Thanks for starting this thread Hula! :) I hate to say it, but the only Ahlusion juice I've tried so far is Devil Dog, and that is a direct result of your generosity. I absolutely love it though! It's a very distinct and rich liquid that captures the essence of an English pipe blend flawlessly. My previous favorite e-liquid in this category was Want2Vape's Vapenstein London. I haven't vaped them side-by-side, but they are nearly identical. The primary difference is that Devil Dog does not appear to knock out attys like London can. English pipe blends tend toward smokey, piney, bitter, and leathery, and this juice will be an a favorite for some and an acquired taste for others, but it is definitely not for everyone. This is not a sweet or fruity pipe tobacco. I am completely impressed by this juice and I am anxious to try Ahlusion's other offerings.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Thanks for starting this thread Hula! :) I hate to say it, but the only Ahlusion juice I've tried so far is Devil Dog, and that is a direct result of your generosity. I absolutely love it though! It's a very distinct and rich liquid that captures the essence of an English pipe blend flawlessly. My previous favorite e-liquid in this category was Want2Vape's Vapenstein London. I haven't vaped them side-by-side, but they are nearly identical. The primary difference is that Devil Dog does not appear to knock out attys like London can. English pipe blends tend toward smokey, piney, bitter, and leathery, and this juice will be an a favorite for some and an acquired taste for others, but it is definitely not for everyone. This is not a sweet or fruity pipe tobacco. I am completely impressed by this juice and I am anxious to try Ahlusion's other offerings.

Oh my goodness Tez, you haven't tried BGB yet. I think I feel some reciprocity coming on.

mpkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2009
Town of Stark, NY
I've tried many of the Ahlusion juices including the Devil Dog. That one is amazing! It is unlike anything I've ever had. I'd compare it whether or not you like a premium Scotch; it is absolutely an acquired taste. Try a small bottle first.

I can't pick a single favorite from what I've tried. I just received 30ml each of House Blend and Smooth Criminal. Since I've never really found tobacco juices that I like and rarely order anything more than 10-15ml bottles that's saying something about how good it is.

Butterscotch is out of this world delicious. Blue Fairy (absinthe flavor) is truly absinthe without the alcohol. The fruit flavors are real fruit flavors, not candy versions of fruit. With the exception of 2 juices out the numerous flavors I've loved them all. The 2 I didn't love we're personal preferences, not quality or weirdo flavors. The flavor that captured me was the Caramel Pear Black Tea.

Their customer service is super. Very friendly and helpful. Their juices are mixed and balanced in a way that goes beyond anything I've tried. I post a review on their site for just about every juice I try. I'm a little behind right now though.

Sent from right here using Tapatalk 2

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I've tried many of the Ahlusion juices including the Devil Dog. That one is amazing! It is unlike anything I've ever had. I'd compare it whether or not you like a premium Scotch; it is absolutely an acquired taste. Try a small bottle first.

I can't pick a single favorite from what I've tried. I just received 30ml each of House Blend and Smooth Criminal. Since I've never really found tobacco juices that I like and rarely order anything more than 10-15ml bottles that's saying something about how good it is.

Butterscotch is out of this world delicious. Blue Fairy (absinthe flavor) is truly absinthe without the alcohol. The fruit flavors are real fruit flavors, not candy versions of fruit. With the exception of 2 juices out the numerous flavors I've loved them all. The 2 I didn't love we're personal preferences, not quality or weirdo flavors. The flavor that captured me was the Caramel Pear Black Tea.

Their customer service is super. Very friendly and helpful. Their juices are mixed and balanced in a way that goes beyond anything I've tried. I post a review on their site for just about every juice I try. I'm a little behind right now though.

Sent from right here using Tapatalk 2

HA! After trying Blue Fairy I was looking for the spoon, sugar and the flame. (Not saying I have had real absinthe) ;)

Yeah, I missed out on that one and I've been left to ponder my negligence ever since. Dying to try it!

I am living for the moment it arrives! ;)

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
I have one thing to say (so far) about Ahlusion:

TEAS! TEAS! And MORE TEAS! :laugh:

Ahlusion carries a wide variety of NETS, and also NETeas! :lol:

I can hardly tear myself away from their Ginger Apple Tea and the Caramel Pear Black Tea, and I loved my sample of Ginger Orange Oolong too! Each flavor is "layered" and discernable in all of these superbly clean, authentic vapes. In the batter's box (maybe I'll crack them open this weekend :drool:) are Mystic Spice Tea and Cranberry Autumn.

I also have great expectations of their Smooth Criminal and Blue Grass Burley tobaccos; as soon as the owners are back from their long weekend, I'll be ordering (and re-ordering) more Ahlusion juice! :)

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
This juice should be landing in my eager little hands tomorrow. I know I'm gonna be thinking about it all day at work tomorrow, lol.

Word to the wise: Ahlusion's juices are bottled very quickly and it all takes place in a controlled lab environment, therefor, the steep does not start until you open the bottle and expose it to normal air/elements. The steep is pretty quick, about 48 hrs cap off should do the trick and anymore time after the first 48 the cap can be on. Unfortunately, by most accounts (mine included), I would say steeping is a must, but boy o' boy do the flavors gel.

Not all their flavors require the same steeping times, but as a general rule of thumb, look at the ingredients of the liquid you purchased (at the bottom of the page of that liquid) to see if the juice contains OEA (Organic Ethyl Alcohol), and if it does, the cap off steep is pretty much a requirement. No worries though, it evaporates quickly.

(This is Eleanor wisdom 101)

Biziou

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Mississippi
Word to the wise: Ahlusion's juices are bottled very quickly and it all takes place in a controlled environment, therefor, the steep does not start until you open the bottle and expose it to normal air/elements. The steep is pretty quick, about 48 hrs cap-off should do the trick and anymore time after the first 48 the cap can be on. Unfortunately, by most accounts (mine included), I would say steeping is a must, but boy o' boy do the flavors gel.

Not all their flavors require the same steeping times, but as a general rule of thumb, look at the ingredients of the liquid you purchased (at the bottom of the page of that liquid) to see if the juice contains OEA (Organic Ethyl Alcohol), and if it does, the cap off steep is pretty much a requirement. No worries though, it evaporates quickly.

(This is Eleanor wisdom 101)

Thanks for the tips! Yeah, sometimes I think waiting for juices to steep is the worst part of vaping, heh. But oh what sweet torture!

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
THIS ^^^^^^.

Thanks for this important post. I, the Steep Nazi, am falling down on the job tonight! :D

You got my back and I got yours!

I wonder how long before the first downers to visit? :facepalm:

Hey Eleanor, how many mL was your "sample?" I never wanted to post mine because I didn't know what others got --> so could you post yours? LOL

Thanks for the tips! Yeah, sometimes I think waiting for juices to steep is the worst part of vaping, heh. But oh what sweet torture!

Oh yes! Delayed gratification definitely has its merits! ;)

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Oh, no -- I meant "sample" as in "I'm not going whole hog for a full 30mls on all of these juices." Which, in retrospect, was a BIG mistake. :D

If you spend over 20 bucks, all you have to do is ask and he will send you a sample. I just wish someone would verify the sample size was the same as mine (I don't want to post and find out that someone else got a different size.)

"Sample Policy

We make samples upon request and with qualifying orders of $20 and up (and pending availability and order load), not including our Premium tobacco line. Just like any other e-liquid of any size, we mix our samples at the time of order. This means that we do not have random samples to include with orders, so please be specific when requesting a sample. It's ok, go ahead and ask. Please include your sample request in the order comments box during checkout."

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I haven't received my order yet, but the invoice says 10ml sample.

wipe_sweat_from_brow_md_wm.jpg

Yep, that's what I got! I thought it was a hook-up, a mistake, or a bribe! Who in the blazes sends 10 mL samples? hahaha. I'l tell ya' who, Ahlusion!

Taken from "Stories" at Ahlusion:

"Fall in Michigan, one of our favorite seasons of the year; trees are turning vibrant colors, temperatures are dropping, pumpkins are popping (up) everywhere and it just sets us in the mood to wind down a bit from a hectic but productive year. Well, there's probably not much of a winding down part for us because we have yet to launch our fall flavors!

Some of the flavors to expect range from various spiced pumpkin pies, Apple and Peach ciders and our popular Cranberry flavors. During the month of September and October we'll be running various promotions to be announced through our newsletter and on our facebook page.

Something else happening this month is the opening of our Swartz Creek location - this will be a work in progress as we try to manage several properties at the same time, so please bear with us if things aren't moving along at a fast pace.

So please stay tuned and sign up for our newsletter if you haven't already."

This is why you may see them down from time to time -- they are very busy and have their hands in several ventures. These ain't the "On vacation" once a month vendors.

Last edited:

Biziou

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Mississippi
Who in the blazes sends 10 mL samples? hahaha. I'l tell ya' who, Ahlusion!

Everything I learn about this about this vendor just impresses me more. I was really wowed by what you posted in the other thread, about their personalized customization process.

And with that, I'll bow out of this thread until I've actually tried them. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread