Vaping and driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzziefreakie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
Long Island, New York
I used to smoke the most when I was driving; As much as twice the amount of analogs than normal, on long trips. So when I'm driving I use analog look-alikes, cause they seem to be the safest while driving. Does anyone else vape while they're driving, and if so, what kind of PV do you use? Is it safe to drive?
I'm also a little paranoid about drawing attention from police cars, since my ecigs are pink and might be mistaken for who knows what other kind of device. Am I the only paranoid one in this particular aspect?

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
fuzzie I used to smoke heavily while driving so I do the same with vaping. I use an assortment of MOD's and do not hide it. As for your question about safety ------ We have way too many distractions while driving so I use tanks or bottom feeders. I make sure they are full and have 2 or more handy in my cup holder. That way I do not have to fiddle with anything and can keep my eyes o the road. hapy vapes to you and if you ever do get pulled over then you will at least get the chance to inform one more officer of the law that we are not using anything illegal and you will be saving the next vaping bandit from getting pulled over :)

fuzziefreakie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
Long Island, New York
fuzzie I used to smoke heavily while driving so I do the same with vaping. I use an assortment of MOD's and do not hide it. As for your question about safety ------ We have way too many distractions while driving so I use tanks or bottom feeders. I make sure they are full and have 2 or more handy in my cup holder. That way I do not have to fiddle with anything and can keep my eyes o the road. hapy vapes to you and if you ever do get pulled over then you will at least get the chance to inform one more officer of the law that we are not using anything illegal and you will be saving the next vaping bandit from getting pulled over :)
I just feel like if I was using one of my larger mods that I'd be completely distracted. Don't wanna become a typical female driver! (jk jk) I normally use tanks, anyway, so that would work out very well! Thx for the suggestion! That's a good way of looking at it, about being pulled over. Though cross my fingers it never happens in the first place. ;)

Vin BioEthanol

Aug 12, 2012
Tulsa, OK
I've been paranoid about police thinking it's something else but never even thought about safety until a couple weeks ago, was stopped in traffic and hit from behind real hard and pushed me into the next guy in front of me. I had just vaped off my ego with vv2 5 secs before.

I will say it hasn't stopped me but it really has got me thinking about having 7 inches of metal up by my face or in my mouth while driving with an airbag that blows up in one one hundredth of a second right in front of it. It's a risk I guess, but so is riding a motorcycle, I'd be dead for sure if I was on a bike that day but I'm not going around telling people to trade their bikes for big trucks or vans.

Last edited:

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
I think that some cops are starting to use ecigs, yesterday i was at a local ecig shop
and saw a sheriff's deputy buying liquid and cartomizers
E-cigs are no big secret anymore ...
There a tons of e-smokers out there (just not all openly vaping in public)

I vape EVERYWHERE and ANYTIME I feel like it (period)
That doesn't mean I always blow huge vapor clouds
:2cool:

fuzziefreakie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
Long Island, New York
I've been paranoid about police thinking it's something else but never even thought about safety until a couple weeks ago, was stopped in traffic and hit from behind real hard and pushed me into the next guy in front of me. I had just vaped off my ego with vv2 5 secs before.

I will say it hasn't stopped me but it really has got me thinking about having 7 inches of metal up by my face or in my mouth while driving with an airbag that blows up in one one hundredth of a second right in front of it. It's a risk I guess, but so is riding a motorcycle, I'd be dead for sure if I was on a bike that day but I'm not going around telling people to trade their bikes for big trucks or vans.

Well, as to being on the road, risk is always present, and risk is shared, with every other driver on the road. So half of it is out of our hands, like being rear-ended. There's only so much we can do, sometimes. I'm sorry that you were in an accident. That really sucks. :(
Maybe when I'm more comfortable with vaping (it's only been 3 months for me, and only 1 month since I got my vtube) I'll be able to do that while driving. But I'll still be paranoid about the police!

fuzziefreakie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
Long Island, New York
E-cigs are no big secret anymore ...
There a tons of e-smokers out there (just not all openly vaping in public)

I vape EVERYWHERE and ANYTIME I feel like it (period)
That doesn't mean I always blow huge vapor clouds
:2cool:
I wish I could be that confident about it! Maybe someday...
I've never been pulled over before, so maybe that's why I'm so nervous about it!

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
I wish I could be that confident about it! Maybe someday...
I've never been pulled over before, so maybe that's why I'm so nervous about it!
There are advantages and disadvantages vaping a PV that looks like a regular white analog.
The advantage is while driving... those in other cars think its a cigarette and thus no big deal to them.

I vape a black eGo ... no one thinks its a cigarette,
but it draw "the look"
:p

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
I vape openly in public. If I am in a setting where smoing would not be permitted I just go stealth and avoid big clouds. I vape heavily while driving. As far as law enforcement goes, I actually had a local cop sitting beside me at a stop light ask if I was able to fully quit smoking because of my PV. He knew what it was and probably had one himself.

I say vape openly but responsibly. That is the only way our hobby is going to be accepted by the masses.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Vaping probably will never be "accepted" by the public at large
by that I mean vaping probably will never be "sociably accepted" ...
but sociably "tolerated" without negative looks ... someday.

I personally think if all vapers vaped openly in public (nothing to be ashamed of)
it would speed up the day when vaping would be well known and thus
sociably "tolerated"

Of course ... not always blowing huge vapor clouds

gtrthang

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Memphis, TN
I vape all the time with my vtube/lavatube & tank. No strange looks from cops ever, just the occasional person. I'm not one who worries what the random stranger may think, so it doesn't bother me. The only down side, I tried to change out my vivi nova tank once and didn't realize that it was screwing apart instead of off the battery. Half a tank of juice in my lap on my way to work...

fuzziefreakie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
Long Island, New York
There are advantages and disadvantages vaping a PV that looks like a regular white analog.
The advantage is while driving... those in other cars think its a cigarette and thus no big deal to them.

I vape a black eGo ... no one thinks its a cigarette,
but it draw "the look"
I only vape analog look alikes when driving, cause of the safety issue... I'm kind of a spaz; I don't know if I'd be able to coordinate pressing a button, steering, and the pedals! haha.
But my analogs are pink, so I'm nervous about "the look" from cops. Though a couple people on here have mentioned that they know all about it, and some do it themselves. (As I am Sure; They're people, too!)

fuzziefreakie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
Long Island, New York
I vape all the time with my vtube/lavatube & tank. No strange looks from cops ever, just the occasional person. I'm not one who worries what the random stranger may think, so it doesn't bother me. The only down side, I tried to change out my vivi nova tank once and didn't realize that it was screwing apart instead of off the battery. Half a tank of juice in my lap on my way to work...

Ooooooh, that sucks! Like I say, I'm not sure if I'd be able to use my vtube while driving... cause of the safety issue, since I'm one of those people who has to put all their effort into paying attention while I'm driving. I don't do very well doing other things at the same time... including using a bluetooth! I feel like I'm concentrating on the convo and not the road. I can't multitask if my life depended on it! Though... since you and others are doing it, maybe I'll give it a shot. :)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
When I'm out, I always have a 3mm juice bottle with me that's clearly marked from the vendor as electronic cigarette liquid. If there was some non-smoking, non-vaping cop that stopped me, at least I'd have some legitimately marked accessories to show rather than a couple of unmarked filled cartos. An unknown liquid in an unmarked bottle would be suspicious.

I've vaped in front of cops in stores and parking lots and they don't even look twice. I think that they are trained well enough in spotting the illegal hardware that they know the difference. I have lots of individuals ask me what that thing is, but never a cop.

nebulas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Earth
I vape a mod with a big ol' tank on it driving down the road. I don't care what anyone thinks or the looks they may give. I am in my car minding my own business not bothering anyone.

When there is a cop beside me at a stop light I will often take an extra long vape just to see if they do anything. Just curiosity really. I have never had any problems. I am pretty sure all the cops know what they are. I would assume they have covered them in one of their copper meetings at some point with the massive rise in popularity over the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread