Head is spinning!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Chris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
Wisconsin
First post. Hubby and I smoked for about 25 years. Tired of the expense, smell, mess, health effects, etc.... Have been wanting to quit smoking for quite some time, but wanting to and doing it successfully has been a challenge for both of us. A co-worker/friend of mine's son recently started his own business adventure as an e-cig supplier so I decided to give them a try. I purchased 2 starter kits, one for each of us. Each kit included a carry case, 1 cig sized battery, 2 filled cartomizers, usb-charger. I also purchased 2 boxes each of 5 prefilled carto's so we'd have a few weeks at least of supplies to give it a good start. Cost came to $180.00, and that was a family/friend "deal". I'm not upset but now that I have been researching and reading, reading, reading on this and other forums, I do feel I could have made wiser choices/purchases. Water under the bridge :)

I am happy to tell you this is day number 15 NO CIGARETTES!!!!!!! This makes me feel so good about our decision to try the e-cig. vaping for me is very satisfying and is an exceptional replacement for me. Hubby is struggling a bit. He still wants a cigarette and he thinks about it alot. He is refraining from purchasing any though, which is good. I think I need to upgrade our battery power and possibly larger cartridges so that the charging of batts and carto's that don't last him all day at work problem can be resolved. Hoping I can decide soon and get an order placed. Therefore the title of this thread is my head is spinning!! I have read so much the past week or 2 I think I've just added to my confusion. So much equipment to pick from. Thanks for listening!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Welcome to this new world :D

I just recieved my first kit yesterday. I lurked and read so much the previous weeks......I think my head has finally stopped spinning at such an alarming rate. Now it is down to a spin like on a merry-go-round. Lots of information and lots of people that are willing to help out.

Good luck! Hope you are able to find the solution for your Hubby!

Congrats on being able to quit totally on the cigs!!! I am still working on that one LOL. I will get there :)

Miss Chris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
Wisconsin
Welcome to this new world :D

I just recieved my first kit yesterday. I lurked and read so much the previous weeks......I think my head has finally stopped spinning at such an alarming rate. Now it is down to a spin like on a merry-go-round. Lots of information and lots of people that are willing to help out.

Good luck! Hope you are able to find the solution for your Hubby!

Congrats on being able to quit totally on the cigs!!! I am still working on that one LOL. I will get there :)

I sure do wish now that I had done my research before I made my purchase but not unhappy that it is working for me!! :)

Good luck to all!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Welcome and congratulations ex-smoker! You will get lots of good advice here, but it can be overwhelming. My 2 cents: while some may say to start with the absolute best, unless you're in the 1% my suggestion is to start in the mid-range, like an eGo (even the modders all have an eGo in a drawer somewhere), since you can add lots of toys to it: tanks, clearomizers, etc. and you will still have something to put on your xmas list - like a twist or (drool) a provari.

Ashlee Foltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I almost made the same post about my head spinning lol. I started with a Smoov kit, 2 batteries, charger, 6 cartos, and juice. I haven't had a cigarette in almost 4 weeks. Mind over matter for me. I did just order an Ego Twist though, because I need the extra power and battery life:) Congrats on quitting though! And tell your hubby not to feel bad about having the occasional cig, I think we all did that at first.

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
Bravo for both of you!! Any money you spent is worthwhile if it got you off cigs. Now, you might want to get an Ego C Twist setup. A couple of those and something like a vivi Nova for the delivery system just may fit your needs. You can use any 510 cartomizer, blank or prefilled with it or the vivi Nova, or a Clearomizer. You will want 2 batteries in case one fails. A charger and whatever delivery system you would like.

A 650 maH battery should last most of the day unless he can smoke all the time at work. But you can go with 1000 mah if you wish. Here is a nice kit with a Stardust instead of a vivi Nova. http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?pag...color_plus.tpl&product_id=1261&category_id=38

disturbed1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
CT
Congrats on quitting!!! I just started E-cigs my self. This is what I would get if I where you
510 Vision eGo Tank Kit
and some Juice form the same vendor ($11 for 50ml of juice is a good deal) and you will be st for quite some time. 2 batteries is the best way to go. So wile one is charging you have the other to vape on. It will be a good step in the right direction for you.

Ps...the extra $15 is worth it for the twist posted above :w00t:

Last edited:

Miss Chris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
Wisconsin
Definitely agree, we need more hardware!! I'm the one dealing with the refilling of the cartomizers for him and I. Not a big deal but, very time consuming. One battery for each of us is not enough. It is for me because I don't smoke at work all day, only on break so the battery lasts, but hubs is out and about so more opportunity for him to puff. I did purchase a charger for the car and that seems to help a bit. The ego looks like it would fit the bill for sure. Would be great if it fits in our pockets for carrying around with us. :)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Another 2 cents (ooo 4 cents!): I look forward to having a twist someday (maybe not too long in the future), but as a super newbie I can't really tell the difference with a vv battery. I've played with them and I tend to just find a voltage and stay there, since I'm still blown away by the whole "Oh God I don't smoke anymore and this is really fun!!!"

Miss Chris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
Wisconsin
Heck yes!!! I agree Ocelot. I truly never thought we could quit the stinky's. Like I said, wanted to stop for a long time. Every morning I would wake up thinking, don't light 1 up. Don't do it. You don't even like the taste of them. But couldn't stop my self. Mind over matter for sure. That and the almost $7.00 a pack, each of us smoking 1 pack a day. I'd love to spend that $400.00 a month on something better than killing ourselves. Beyond thrilled we've made it this far. I do really enjoy the vaping. Can't wait to try some new flavors.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
This is what I started with and the vendor I bought it from (shop around, there are better deals, just make sure it's not a knock-off): Joye eGo kit in matte black
I've since added a few Stardust tanks (I found them on sale for $1.95), a mini vivi nova tank and a larger battery; I also have a couple of LR 306 attys for direct dripping, but that's kind of "OOooOO what's that?!" What I have is probably as basic as you can get - no bells or whistles. I found Doctor Vapor's videos helpful for information, but I'd skip the brand (The "Yeti" is the same as a Joye 510) and you're going to want a larger battery anyway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGRoOfv6dnw

Last edited:

Miss Chris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
Wisconsin
I've been looking at the kgo, but still on the fence. It amazes me how cheap things are on the internet. My supplier's prices are alot higher than I realized. 15 bucks for a 5 pack of prefilled carts. 50 bucks for 2 extra batteries. I wish I knew what the threading was. It's so hard to tell from the pics online and the website of the company I purchased our kits from doesn't say. Ego, kgo...pretty sure thats going to be a part of our next purchase.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Jeeze I'm throwing my cents around tonight! Don't get discouraged if you don't get blown away by the flavors at first. It takes awhile for your sense of taste to come back. I smoked for 40 years, so I'm jealous of the people who rave about Blueberry Crunchy Yummy-whatever, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will get better. You need to pay attention to the nic level too. You may want to have a higher level on hand for when you're really craving.

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
Definitely agree, we need more hardware!! I'm the one dealing with the refilling of the cartomizers for him and I. Not a big deal but, very time consuming. One battery for each of us is not enough. It is for me because I don't smoke at work all day, only on break so the battery lasts, but hubs is out and about so more opportunity for him to puff. I did purchase a charger for the car and that seems to help a bit. The ego looks like it would fit the bill for sure. Would be great if it fits in our pockets for carrying around with us. :)

The 650 mah Twist with the clearo or vivi on it is just a tad longer than a Sharpie pen and a little bigger around, more like the diameter of a magic marker. A 1000 maH Twist is about 1.5 inches longer.

I urge you to go ahead and get the Twist rather than start with a regular Ego C, because it gives you a lot more options. I would avoid the ego c tank/cartridge systems because almost everyone has bad experiences with them leaking. I've not had a problem with the vivi Nova nor the clearo included in the kit I showed you. Also, by the way, I have never used that vendor, it's just one of the few vendors that offers the twist in a starter kit and I know several people here who do use that vendor. It's really a decent price when you start adding up all the pieces if you were to get them individually. I'm pretty sure someone posted another kit the other day that had the vivi Nova included, but darned if I can find it. Whatever you do get, you are going to want to purchase more of the Clearos or another vivi Nova and some of the replaceable heads for them. I have good luck with altsmokes for twists and the vivi Nova. I'm not sure if they have the chargers in stock. You always want to be sure you are getting the correct charger. The wrong one can mess your battery up, or take too long to charge.

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
If you are not that concerned about vv the KGO kit from Hoosier ecigs is really good. I use it as my backup now that I have the twist. They are 1100mah and last all day. The charger also works for the twist should you get it in the future. I highly recommend the vivi nova tank, they are simple to use-Unscrew the top fill and go and the heads are replaceable for about 2.50. Really can't beat the kit price of 43.99.
Cartomizers
KGO kit1100mAh by SLB

KuroCz

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2012
east coast
If you're not locked into a form factor, for something at home, I'd have a look at mods with a replaceable battery, grippers, tubes, whatever.

... Vaping for me is very satisfying and is an exceptional replacement for me...

You'll perhaps end up there in the future. You've got your back ups in your current kit, I'd have a hard look at where you see yourself in a year, and shop for that now. Watch lots of the reivews out there, post questions if you need some clarification. Asking for recommendations on kit will just get you too many suggestions that may not meet your needs now, or 6 months from now, and can still leave your head spinning :) .

400/month on cigs, is a nice budget for vaping gear. Don't settle for a 30-40$ solution because 10-150 people recommend it. You can get some very nice kit for that money and basically not end up posting "I could have bought this better kit 3x over if..." six months from now. Use that budget wisely before it's reallocated. And I'm not saying go for the bling 60$+ stainless tanks off the bat. The battery system and it's reliability, function (variable versus single voltage) and ergonomics for how you're going to use it is the most important. Price is a distant fourth imho with a 400/month cig expense you've just left.

You said you don't like filling cartos, you may like this GotVapes Phoenix Bottom-Coil Clearomizer Review - YouTube .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread