• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Viva Nova Questions??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdnreturner

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2011
Guelph, Ontario
With all the talk on the Vivi Nova's I decided to try one out. It arrived yesterday and first of all I was a bit shocked at the size of it!!! Now I understand the talk on Mini Nova's.

So, currently it has a 2.4 in it. It also came with a 1.8 and a 2.8. I only have EGO batteries, 4 1000's and 2 900's, neither of which work with the 2.4 (battery lights keep flashing). Which other (is it called coil?) am I supposed to put in it? And secondly how to you change it? (I don't want to keep wasting juice fiddling with it).

Oops, sorry should be vivi nova!!!!

Many thanks.

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
I think they're called "heads", but coil will work just dandy too. You can call it the cooker heaty thingy with dreadlocks and I think we'd getcha.

Try the 1.8, the 2.8 is too high (higher resistance = higher volts needed). It's odd that the battery just flashes though, I assume they're fully charged and you've tried more than one battery. I haven't had trouble on 4 ego batteries with my 2.4 head, but I (luckily) haven't run into many issues with any liquid feeds yet. Someone more versed in these issues may be of more help, sorry :(

To change it, just drain the tank, remove the bottom cap/post, and unscrew the head/coil. Screw a new one on and put it back together. Easy peasy.

VaporBill

Aug 6, 2012
Brantford
Your eGo batteries should be fine with all 3 of these different ohm rated heads. with the eGo batteries though the 1.8 and 2.4 should be the better vape. If you have an eGo twist the 2.8 would be good at 4.2-4.8 volts (set to taste). It might be that you have a faulty 2.4 ohm head for your Vivi Nova and I would try to put the 1.8 ohm head on it. Don't change the head while the Vivi Nova is still on a battery. To change the head, grasp it tight on both sides between the wicks without touching the wicks and turn the head out counter clockwise. You don't want to pull on the wicks as it might sever the connection or short your head. when you put your new head in don't over tighten as it has o-rings to seal the connection and you don't want to damage the connection in the head by accidently pulling on the wicks. I hope this has helped. You can also check out PBusardo's videos on Youtube for more info on this and other devices.

Toronto_Mike

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
Toronto, Canada
A blinking ego battery usually is the sign that it needs to be recharged. I believe it's 10 blinks in a row. In can also be a warning that there is a full short on the circuit.

The coil may be off center and in contact with the metal tube or the coil may be shorting on the bottom side. This could be caused from not trimming the coil flush with the bottom connector. For what ever reason, you might want to mark it defective & replace it or try to repair it.

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
If you happen to get your hands on a Stardust Version 2 (as from visons themselves they stated the others where revisions), the kind that have the replaceable heads there is a slight modification you can do with your vivi nova tank. You still use the same nova tank and nova head's though, and once you do it....WOOF....full flavor and vapor and throat hit even at 3.3 volts :D

Been testing it out for about two days now since i came up with the idea and wow..

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
Just re-wicked a stubby wick vivi head I had sitting around, used two pieces of 2mm silica.....both my tanks are full so I have not tried it yet lol but it should work well :)

IMG_4108.jpg

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
I'm digging these tanks more and more.

I didn't need to, it was still working after 18 days, but I just whipped up a 2ohm vivi rebuild using cotton. The only trouble is getting the coils (32A Kanthal) tight enough to be usable without having coils touch, and still not touch the sides (5/4 I think). Otherwise it's easy peasy.

First rebuild I used ~2.5mm (6 strands) of wick, it worked but it was like drinking a milkshake through a coffee stirrer, second was 2mm untwisted and it's perfect. This thing is wickin like the dickins (*ed: almost TOO well, even at 3.4v it's pulling in juice like it's 1999, still not flooding tho. Awwwwww yea)!

Next rebuild I'll pull that funnelcone off a V3 and see what happens.

Last edited:

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
I'm digging these tanks more and more.

I didn't need to, it was still working after 18 days, but I just whipped up a 2ohm vivi rebuild using cotton. The only trouble is getting the coils (32A Kanthal) tight enough to be usable without having coils touch, and still not touch the sides (5/4 I think). Otherwise it's easy peasy.

First rebuild I used ~2.5mm (6 strands) of wick, it worked but it was like drinking a milkshake through a coffee stirrer, second was 2mm untwisted and it's perfect. This thing is wickin like the dickins!

Next rebuild I'll pull that funnelcone off a V3 and see what happens.

Having the vivi nova tank sit pretty on a chrome bolt with a shorty metal drip tip is a work of art too :p

View attachment 136629

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
I'm going to put a stubby ss mesh wick in mine soon.

Cool, let us know how that works out, the double 2mm silica is working great, gonna do this to all my heads once they wear out...what fun! I have a T2 rewicked as well but need to clip the wire and don't have snips small enough :/

IMG_4111.jpg

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Just bought a brand new Vivi Nova for a friend today. It is for his chrome Lava Tube. When we screwed in there was Zero draw, nothing. The quick fix was a 510 shorty extension but aesthetically looks like doggy do.

Any better ideas out there? Any other work arounds?

This has been up for two days and no one has idea's for you? Well i got some, but you are going to need a few more pieces of equipment so as it looks a bit better.

Now are you talking about the one with chrome end caps? I am asking as this is the idea i have for it....

Get yourself a ego to 510 adapter (the ones "made" for provari, they have the centre 'vent' hole). Put the adapter on the lava tube. Now around the ego threading add a stainless steel shorty cone (either round our flanged). Add the tank. If when snug it is too tight to no draw, then unscrew it, and as you dry draw (without pressing the fire button) screw it into the connector slowly. You should get it to where the tank is a hair line turn past were it might wobble on the adapter and this will give a better overall draw. Yes i know it might seem to light, but one thing i found is it does not come down to long wicks or short wicks, but how much air gets into the tank that effects your throat hit and flavor (as well as certain drip tips)

Now if you excuse me the Caffine gods call me and i must obey ;) i hope this was helpful and let me know if it is

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
yes i know i am not Dusty and i have bad (if anything) pictures, but here are a few on what i mean PG, so as you have a idea what i mean....There is two pictures of the chrome Evo (with two different drip tips) and one with the ego to 510 connector on the bolt with the shorty cone).....

FYI: Just did a test vape on the bolt with a 2.8 ohm head, and it is working really decent 0_o go figure

p_00159_zps3a8e9da4.jpg
p_00158_zps571115c3.jpg

p_00157_zps6130e6dd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread