Message to e-Liquid vendors: This is what we want from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apptiger

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
West Central Florida
With tip of the cap to Mr. Mann...
To Vendors- Help save us from ourselves. Build an optional customer profile so that when we order something with peanuts and we are allergic, it will send an alert. Same for all VG or all PG when we like blends or the opposite. Just a verification to keep us from receiving something we didn't order (or at least think we didn't order).

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
I would like to give a shout out to John and the gang at High Desert Vapes. Always gives a sample. Quick to answer a question and quick to ship as well as keeping you informed every step of the ordering process. Great prices and great customer service. Their selection of hardware is a little limited but, inventory is expensive so they tend to only carry what I think most people will order. Nice selection of juice and flavorings for the DIY folkls. I will positively be back. Thanks Guys,
Matt

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Thanks for the comments, Matt. This thread is a little different than commenting on what vendors you like, but I still appreciate your comment. I am not sure how much of the thread you've read, but if you start at the beginning, you will see what and where this thread is meant to go.

Mann

p.s. I have another thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...discussion/304212-top-5-vendors-e-liquid.html where we would love to hear more about your appreciation for HDV. :)

Jicardi

Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Two ECF members, Racehorse and Muldemar have recently sparked a burning desire to start this thread based on their comments regarding customer service. Also, because I have recently had truly informative, detailed, and friendly conversations with Andrea at The Plume Room, Nick at GoodeJuice, and Wlad at Ahlusion. All three vendors are quite transparent about what it is that they're doing and willing to inform, educate, and assist with any questions or concerns. Lastly, I want to start this thread because vendors most definitely read our comments in General E-Liquid discussion.

- I would like this thread to be suggestions to e-liquid vendors about what we, the money, would like to see.

- I ask that this thread remain professional, adult, (mostly) serious and not about flavor suggestions.

- I will start it off..

To vendors: I would like to see a picture or some type of visual cue as to where your e-liquid is being mixed. I am not asking to know the secrets to the bat-cave, but I would like to know that there is a bat-cave, and not just a living-room.

I know you didn't mean that to be funny but I am laughing so hard right now!! I have wondered the same thing after watching a few diy videos on youtube. Some of those places were a bit on the untidy side. That is a great suggestion!!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I know you didn't mean that to be funny but I am laughing so hard right now!! I have wondered the same thing after watching a few diy videos on youtube. Some of those places were a bit on the untidy side. That is a great suggestion!!

I have yet to see any bat caves posted on any juice vendor's sight (other than an older video by Johnson Creek). I would be happy if someone can correct me and direct me to where I might find this.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I have yet to see any bat caves posted on any juice vendor's sight (other than an older video by Johnson Creek). I would be happy if someone can correct me and direct me to where I might find this.

Aromaejuice has photos, and Ahlusion will soon be releasing some back-stage passes.

p.s. There is probably a reason most don't show! :facepalm: If they got it, it seems like it would be a very positive asset for credibility's sake.

Startle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
NY, NY
Great thread!

I'd like to see some ingredients listed - not necessarily the actual flavors and the exact recipe of course but listing ingredients should be standard as with every other consumable product we use.

For example if you are using USDA non oil based flavorings or not I'd like to know that.

If you are adding EM, cider vinegar, sucralose, distilled water, ect I'd like to know that.

I want to know the date the juice was made and the suggested expiration date.

I'd like to know that the nic content is being tested on all batches.

I'd like to see that the juice is being produced and bottled in a sterile environment.

I don't want this information so I can save money by duplicating recipes cheaper - juice making is an art that requires a lot of trial and error to get the ratios just right - not something I personally could easily achieve nor strive to do. I just want clearer information as to what I am vaping and have a comfort level with the ingredients and methods used in creating these delicious juices.

Vape On!

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Great thread!

I'd like to see some ingredients listed - not necessarily the actual flavors and the exact recipe of course but listing ingredients should be standard as with every other consumable product we use.

For example if you are using USDA non oil based flavorings or not I'd like to know that.

If you are adding EM, cider vinegar, sucralose, distilled water, ect I'd like to know that.

I want to know the date the juice was made and the suggested expiration date.

I'd like to know that the nic content is being tested on all batches.

I'd like to see that the juice is being produced and bottled in a sterile environment.

I don't want this information so I can save money by duplicating recipes cheaper - juice making is an art that requires a lot of trial and error to get the ratios just right - not something I personally could easily achieve nor strive to do. I just want clearer information as to what I am vaping and have a comfort level with the ingredients and methods used in creating these delicious juices.

Vape On!

There are a few that do these things you wish. Thanks for the pertinent addition to the thread.

Onward.

Startle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
NY, NY
There are a few that do these things you wish. Thanks for the pertinent addition to the thread.

Onward.

Thank you!

I will seek out these vendors - I have observed that some do have more disclosure than others regarding ingredients and methods. I will continue to pay more attention to these points on my juice shopping excursions...

Vape On!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Johnson Creek once included their ingredient list. Just had to click a button on their website. Well, it has some worthless gobbly guck on there now (and has been for a month). I wrote and asked if they could put the ingredient list back. They said they made a download error and assured me they would get it back up. It's been a month and as of 2 minutes and 12 seconds ago, the gobbly guck is still up. Kudos to Johnson Creek for displaying your ingredients for years. Boo and Hiss that you seem to have changed that practice in the last month.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Aromaejuice has photos, and Ahlusion will soon be releasing some back-stage passes.

p.s. There is probably a reason most don't show! :facepalm: If they got it, it seems like it would be a very positive asset for credibility's sake.

Thanks Mann. I looked at Aromaejuice's site and sure enough they have four photos. Two are of the office and two of the shop. Good for Aromaejuice! Kind of looks like my childhood bedroom three seconds before my parents walked up the stairs with paddle in hand to inspect it. Hope they didn't do to their shop what I did to my bedroom three seconds after they left. :)

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Thanks Mann. I looked at Aromaejuice's site and sure enough they have four photos. Two are of the office and two of the shop. Good for Aromaejuice! Kind of looks like my childhood bedroom three seconds before my parents walked up the stairs with paddle in hand to inspect it. Hope they didn't do to their shop what I did to my bedroom three seconds after they left. :)

Actually I think those photos were taken some time ago just before he moved in and Jerry from Aroma had taken the pictures as a proud poppa.
I was there at the end of August and yes, things looked different in that equipment and materials had been moved in and production had been ongoing for some time. My arrival certainly didn't appear to have precipitated a house-cleaning; it was business as usual.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Actually I think those photos were taken some time ago just before he moved in and Jerry from Aroma had taken the pictures as a proud poppa.
I was there at the end of August and yes, things looked different in that equipment and materials had been moved in and production had been ongoing for some time. My arrival certainly didn't appear to have precipitated a house-cleaning; it was business as usual.

I would say that inviting customers to check out the lab is the highest case of transparency! I will be making a trip to Ahlusion soon for the same purposes.

Kudos to Aroma and Ahlusion...and JC. (I don't know if JC takes visits though.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread