Best setup for Ego C Twist? (Tanks, cartos and etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

b00gym4n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
I used to vape for 8 months straight back in 09, then quit cause I was tired of having to replace parts all the time. I had a 510 and quite frankly it was a POS. I just remember having to vape with the nastiest taste in my mouth to break in atomizers, replacing flooded atomizers, replacing dead batteries, lugging around spare parts all the time.

So I heard of the Ego Twist from a friend and want to give vaping another shot.

So far I have bought the Ego Twist battery and charger. I want a slim tank setup, but one that fits flush with my ego twist (fits snug and proportioned). I'm not sure what to get (ohm settings, brand names etc). There's so much junk out there I'm seriously overwhelmed.

Anyone who is experienced with the ego twist, please help me out. (sellers, promoters and other internet promoters, please save your time and do not respond. thanks)

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I got an "equinox +CCC" from Springvapor.com. I think it is also called a stardust. It is rebuildable with the screw on heads, and fits my Twist very nicely. I LOVE this thing, even though I also have Jonboy lavas, bedazzles, vivi novas and phiniacs that I use on my Twist.

It just fits it well, is slim and fits flush. I use it "to go" as it doesn't leak, wasn't expensive so if I lose it I won't cry. YMMV.

AnthraxINC

Oct 5, 2012
Minnesota
In fact, if you look at anthrax's avatar, I believe you can see one sitting on the pink eGo.

The pink ego twist has the CE5 Rebuildable eGo Vision

The VV Gripper on the Left has the Vision Vivi Nova 2 Edition

l101220293.jpg

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
Thanks, that is what I bought as the "equinox + CCC". I thought it was also called a stardust, or a CE5 rebuildable. I guess it depends on the vendor and what they call them.

I love that little thing, even though I have more expensive tanks, cartos, etc. I think it just fits nicely and is what the op might have in mind for the looks and function, ease of filling and the fact you just screw off the atty/wick and its new again. They are also easy to clean and I haven't needed to replace my head because I can rinse it and dry burn it very quickly to maintain it. And since it only costs a few dollars, well....

I didn't realize the metal tanks on the vivi's had a window. That looks very nice on your gripper! You have nice shiny things, I must stop looking!

b00gym4n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Good info guys. What are your thoughts on this DCT? http://www.provape.com/DCT-Tank-p/dcttanksmall.htm I like the way it looks and functions, but have no idea on it's performance.

Also, what ohm # cart am I supposed to get for the Twist? A friend recommend getting a low res 2ohm?

I use a Twist. I tried Stardusts, Kanger T2, mini Vivi Nova. Now I have Kanger T3 clearo, and I like it better than the rest.

Better draw, wicking and flavor. Smooth form factor. Good fit on the battery. Easy filling. Easy head replacement. No leaks.

Got them from Litecig.

I barely found out what a cartomizer is, what's a clearomizer? Is it a disposable tank/cart/atomizer? Also, are you able to swap out the inner parts to save money? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
Also, what ohm # cart am I supposed to get for the Twist? A friend recommend getting a low res 2ohm?
- - - - - - - - - -
I barely found out what a cartomizer is, what's a clearomizer? Is it a disposable tank/cart/atomizer? Also, are you able to swap out the inner parts to save money? Thanks in advance.

Get 2.4 ohm maximum, or lower if you need a lot of vapor. I prefer lower resistance but it pulls more amps and is harder on the battery.

A clearomizer is a unitized transparent tank/atomizer combination, like the Stardust or Vivi Nova, or the Kanger T3 which I prefer.

Most versions allow you to replace the atomizer part for $3-$4. You can also clean the atomizers from these and some people actually rebuild them with new coils and wicks.

rl0156

Aug 31, 2012
Georgia
I have the twist and the vision spinner , my personal preference runs towards the mini vivi nova version 2.5 and the stardust .both use interchangeable atomizer heads and I can clean and switch heads as needed for different flavors. 2.4 ohms for some juices taste best and sometimes I need 2.8 ohms for other flavors. it will take you some time to fiddle and adjust for flavor but once you have your numbers for "flavor x" and "flavor y" its a simple "twist" for a perfect vape and you'll likely never go back no non VV

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I currently have a vivi nova tank on my twist. Iv been hearing good things about kanger clearomizers. Does any body else have both and prefer one over the other in length of how long the flavors last?

I find the two very much alike, both have pros and cons. I find the Kanger less fiddly than the Vivi, but it's rebuildable, so some people prefer it. I simply buy new heads when I need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread