Just got my Titan Mega 510 from TW

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyTerrie11

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
W. Valley/Phoenix Arizona USA
OMG!!!!
This one rocks. The atomizer broke in in about 10 minutes and I have never been happier...My juice taste true and cant say enough about it. I get lost in an awesome cloud of heaven LOL! and my mega batteries last a LONG time....I vaped all day on one batt and I vape alot. I used to be a chain smoker, now Im a chain vaper. Or at least I was on my dse901. But this TITAN MEGA 510 from Totally Wicked is the best. I have tried many other 510s and liked them so much but I was holding out for a good deal and TW had a 4 day sale and they got me!!! Sucked me right in and Im so glad that I signed up to get their newsletter! Rock on Totally Wicked and to Amanda who dealt with my many questions.

Im curious what other 510 owners think about the Titan Mega. I want to soak up everything I can so I can make my attys and my batts last as long as possible. I keep my atty wet and I use a cart...not a dripper...yet LOL the carts with a straw mod work great for me.

I can see a Thadbuilt in my future..:wub:

Bjorn Toulouse

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Glasgow
Yeah, I liked mine too pity the mega batterie only lasted 6 weeks, pretty poor actualy but then IMHO all the batteries I have had for the 510 arn't very good

August starter kit with 2 autos (both dead)
replacement autos *2 (both dead)
September
1 mega - Dead
3 std manuals - dead (two with buttons that fell off)
1 auto - Dead
1 PCC Starter kit - Manual Battery Dead

October
1 std manual in platnum - dead
1 std manual in black - still alive

Nov - Just ordered another manual

So in total 11 bateries killed since August
It should be noted that the actual batterys themselves on the whole still work... just dont charge or cant be opperated within the tube. Therefor useless.

CrazyTerrie11

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Yeah, I liked mine too pity the mega batterie only lasted 6 weeks, pretty poor actualy but then IMHO all the batteries I have had for the 510 arn't very good

August starter kit with 2 autos (both dead)
replacement autos *2 (both dead)
September
1 mega - Dead
3 std manuals - dead (two with buttons that fell off)
1 auto - Dead
1 PCC Starter kit - Manual Battery Dead

October
1 std manual in platnum - dead
1 std manual in black - still alive

Nov - Just ordered another manual

So in total 11 bateries killed since August
It should be noted that the actual batterys themselves on the whole still work... just dont charge or cant be opperated within the tube. Therefor useless.

With all due respect...maybe you either have the worst luck in the world or maybe its user error (not trying to be mean) I killed all kinds of stuff on my 901 before i figured it out. Mostly atty problems and the occasional DOA item. Are you buying a knock off brand, did your order from Totally Wicked? I was just wondering if maybe you could bring some of these back to life. Alot of times the atty is fine it just needs patience and a little juice on the atty and sometimes you have to add more juice to the atty still. Not recomended for auto batts of course. I hate to see you spending all that money on stuff that u cant use.

DeeIzVaPoRinG

Oct 26, 2009
San Jose, CA
Just ordered a bunch of crap from TW this passed saturday spent like $210 lol and in that order it includes that mega 510 titan ... cant wait to try it out... i got an m401, m402,m403. My m401 manual ... it's okay just not impressed with the small cartridge since i inhale heavy vapor. I'm just going to give my m401 to my gf and check keep the titan ... so is it really great? .... any disadvantages? ....

Bjorn Toulouse

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Glasgow
With all due respect...maybe you either have the worst luck in the world or maybe its user error (not trying to be mean) I killed all kinds of stuff on my 901 before i figured it out. Mostly atty problems and the occasional DOA item. Are you buying a knock off brand, did your order from Totally Wicked? I was just wondering if maybe you could bring some of these back to life. Alot of times the atty is fine it just needs patience and a little juice on the atty and sometimes you have to add more juice to the atty still. Not recomended for auto batts of course. I hate to see you spending all that money on stuff that u cant use.

I never buy hardware from china, at least you have 28 days peace of mind when you buy in the UK. All my 510 hardware was purchased from TW or TECC. By the way there is a reason for the 28 day warranty the last platinum I bought is now dead and I got that in the first week in october.

User error, perhaps with the old auto gear (remember juice in the attie?)
Manual batteries don't have the hole so that iliminates that one

510 autos all had hit or miss build quality, if you got one manufacured in march it would be compleatly different from the ones built in april. March ones were quite sensitive April ones had a 3 sec cutoff unless you connected them to an industrial suction pump!! (remember when they had a date stamp on them? No?)

The manuals have alredy be redesigned changing the switch type from the flimsy hard plastic one to the newer rubber type...I wonder why? (two of mine the switch fell off!!)

Atties (to me) seem to be its most consistant component. Yeah they tail off after a month but so do most (apart from the 401 it is a producer for at least 2 - 3)

The good thing about the 510 attie is that once they are tierd you can hook them up to a 5v rig and you will get another month of "good" vaping out them.

On the whole the week point IMHO of the 510 is the battery. I would be nice to have one last like an EVO (8 months and now started to die off after 7)

abhowe

Moved On
Sep 14, 2009
Bjourn, I think you got the worst luck possible...... I bought my TW Titan 510 2 months ago...... I am still on the original 2 attys that I rotate..... As soon as I heard about the Mega Manual Batteries I got those too..... Am still on the originals...... Actually my friend is on the originals as I gave my Titan away......
I used to carry the PCC and use the PassThrough at home...... Never had a problem..... Gave my stuff to a friend who is poor...... I buy him liquid...... If he had to buy attys or batteries, I would know it.......
I moved up to a mod and still use my 510 attys in the mods with no problems...... I even use the 510's at 6 volts with no problem...... Am careful to keep the attys moist......

abhowe

Moved On
Sep 14, 2009
Wow, would really like to know what is going on...... Sounds so strange...... Have you checked them with a Multimeter....... I would do that and if they are bad, I would send them all back for a trade or refund....... TW has always been more than fair with me......
I am sort of a newbie on this...... Would like to hear from an E-Cig Veteran on this issue...... I wish you luck...... If you get an answer, would like to know too......

Ashhead

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2009
Central Pennsylvania, USA
I have 5 regular 510's the oldest is 10 weeks old. I rotate through them and all my 510's are in great shape. I precharged all the batteries, used them for a few minutes and recharged them (have an 801 for backup). I draw heavy on my e-cigs, so I know I discharge the batteries at a high rate. My equipment is from awesomevapor and Arno has been great with the few 801 problems I have had.
I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep vaping like a feind!

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I have .. well had 11 mega batteries.. (10 from TW) They all charge the same time and last about the same time. One battery stayed on last night so I disconnected it from the atty til it died, and one atty was DOA. They wouldn't replace it but for the price 9 good ones was still a great deal. Don't pull the pollyfill looking wick material out of the atty unless you want a paperweight.

CrazyTerrie11

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Just ordered a bunch of crap from TW this passed saturday spent like $210 lol and in that order it includes that mega 510 titan ... cant wait to try it out... i got an m401, m402,m403. My m401 manual ... it's okay just not impressed with the small cartridge since i inhale heavy vapor. I'm just going to give my m401 to my gf and check keep the titan ... so is it really great? .... any disadvantages? ....

Its only been 2 weeks but I LOVE this 510 MEGA.....Its got a consistent vape, and lots of it. The manual mega batts last forever and I vape alot. I put it down when it gets hot but by the time that happens ive satisfied my nic craving anyway. I lost one in a dumpster (construction site) when I threw the trash away (had it in my hand...duh) and i finally found it 3 days later. It was dusty but it still worked and I vaped on it all day! This is the first time ive used the round carts and i think they hold more juice. I make it a habit to check my cart to make sure it doesnt get dry (my 901 sucked that way) but I think i fill it less often than i did my 901. I just put a drop on the atty whenever i check my cart whether it needs to be topped off or not. So far its been the best investment in ecigs that i made. Ill let you know if stuff starts to happen....I hope not

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sorry.....I would say on average about 6 hours. There are some out there that will say B/S...but thats what my experience has been.

mine also.. 4.5 - 5 hours average.. all 10 of them sometimes 5.5 and once even 7...
the 11th one will not turn off however so I have never been able to use that.
I am vaping 24-36mg .
5 of us were chiefin' on them at the bar again last night. One guy managed to kill his after 3 hours.. the rest of us toked all night.

I Used to smoke a pack of camel wide filters a day.

CrazyTerrie11

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
All depends on how heavily you use it.

I used to smoke 1 1/2 packs of analogs a day..for many many years and I vape the equivalent amount. I would say I am a medium level vaper. I dont know how many ml per day i vape cause i never keep track....When I want a "cig" I vape for a few minutes and im good to go. I just got some juice from Geoff at TastyVapor called "Atomic Fireball" and it tastes sooooo good i cant put it down! I am a cinnamon freak and his is incredible. So that stuff i vape for taste rather than a nic satisfaction. Even with my 510 the flavor is totally cinnamon candy, no odd flavor or after taste. The only way I know if i vaped too much is i get a nasty 10 minute headache but that only happened twice. My batts last a long time (5 hours minimum) regardless. Maybe im lucky...who knows!

ShantaSena

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Arizona
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Mine just came in the mail. I threw them on the Mega Charger and within 20 min they showed green. Whipped one of those babies off and am vaping away!!

I blew it with my other attys, messing with the wick inside thinking they were fibers from my carts. Dumb. Now I have 3 new attys and 3 mega batteries. Just in time to meet other vapors at the bar tonight.

*doin happy dance**

DeeIzVaPoRinG

Oct 26, 2009
San Jose, CA
They should have some charge on them, but it's probably best to give them a charge before use.

gotcha that's what i assumed, they say it's healthy for the battery. I guess people cant wait to try this amazing kit... lol i'm actually charging them now and have about 6 hours more to go .. cant wait! .. lol ...

does anybody use different flavors for each atomizer or do you guys use one atomizer for one flavor ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread