How do I make my new drip tips fit the vivi nova??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeromeit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
New York
ahh.. have the same issue with some of my tips. I just use a white teflon tape for plumbing. I just wrap it a few times around the bottom part where the o-ring sits to make a snug fit in the nova. Been using it a few days now without problems even if i drop or put my pv in my pocket sometimes.

hmm didnt think of that.. got a ton of those for my aquarium equipment.. thanks!

Figgy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
California
You know, I just checked my tanks and there is a little play in the steel tip. It doesn't fall off but there's a little wiggle. I wonder if the pocket thing is the big issue. I have an eGo case and always store the novas in there when I'm transporting them. (I'm female and have a handbag.) I've never put them in a pocket. Women's trousers have teeny tiny pockets.

jeromeit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
New York
You know, I just checked my tanks and there is a little play in the steel tip. It doesn't fall off but there's a little wiggle. I wonder if the pocket thing is the big issue. I have an eGo case and always store the novas in there when I'm transporting them. (I'm female and have a handbag.) I've never put them in a pocket. Women's trousers have teeny tiny pockets.

yea it fit at first.. then i wiggled it and it came off.. then i stared at it like a monkey with a rock at my office desk at work.. and started to jam it in and wiggle it out thinking that it'll eventually stick... dunno what i was thinking lol... i finally gave up and put the old drip tip on lol... hope no one in the office saw that..

Sabertooth66

Oct 7, 2012
United States
In my one week experience with the mini vivi nova (LOVE IT) I've noticed that some tips fit better than others. I think the best thing you can do is go to a hardware store and ask them where their O-rings are. I'm sure you can pick up a few extras that will help your tips stay in place better. Might take some trial & error but I plan on doing this next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread