2.8 ohm vivi nova heads

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have had bad experiences with the 2.8 ohm vivi nova heads. i noticed they seem to have thicker wicks . I barely get any flavor , if at all, when i use those heads. the 2.4 and 1.8 ohm heads work much better for me. In fact, i tried filling my vivi nova with some malty toffee and the 2.8 head and it seemed that the juice was not getting up the wicks ... , i then tried the same head with a thinner juice and though it seemed the juice was being absorbed by the wick, there still didnt seem to be any flavor...

am i doing something wrong or is it the 2.8 ohm heads ? just wondering . thanks

Johny Ringo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Las Vegas
i have had bad experiences with the 2.8 ohm vivi nova heads. i noticed they seem to have thicker wicks . I barely get any flavor , if at all, when i use those heads. the 2.4 and 1.8 ohm heads work much better for me. In fact, i tried filling my vivi nova with some malty toffee and the 2.8 head and it seemed that the juice was not getting up the wicks ... , i then tried the same head with a thinner juice and though it seemed the juice was being absorbed by the wick, there still didnt seem to be any flavor...

am i doing something wrong or is it the 2.8 ohm heads ? just wondering . thanks

What device are you using them on? Is it VV? If it is are you using a higher voltage setting?

cigclub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2012
China
  • Deleted by spaky
  • Reason: Unregistered supplier

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
No, the wicks on the Vivi Nova Mini kinda suck. The best thing you can do is learn how to re-wick them with cotton or bamboo thread. Detailed instructions as to how to do so can be found in my blog, The Vaper's Handbook, the link to which you can find below this post in my signature (above my quit banner). Read up.

The Vivi Nova Mini is known for its muted flavor, lack of durability, and ugly looks. The better clearomizer IMO is the E1-V which can be gotten, for the same price as a Vivi Nova Mini, at DiscountVapers.com (E1 / E2 / E3 (Apollo and Revive) it's the second and third items on this list - left to right, top to bottom. Low Resistance and Standard Resistance are your options). If you don't ever want to rebuild then maybe sticking with the Vivi Nova might be the better deal, but not the better vape.

Last edited:

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I've noticed the same thing and I only use the 1.8 ohm.
Trying a rebuild sounds like a great idea...

It is a great idea. Not only is it pennies on the dollar compared to the cost of buying replacement heads, the performance is much better. Cotton and bamboo threads are not only organic, and thus safer (preliminary research shows that the silica found in most commercial atomizers lodges in your lungs - as long as permanently), they also perform better in the flavor department (and cost department). The only drawback is that these organic materials CANNOT be dry burned and cleaned in this manner - due to their flammability. This leads to additional cost, as you have to replace the coil and wick more often (as soon as 2 weeks to a month), in contrast to a silica wick, which I have had last as long as nearly 3-4 months, through cleaning and dry-burning once a week; at a maximum.

Last edited:

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
I just ordered a vivi nova - had no idea about the silica issue. But then I also read all wicks are made from the same material - so the CE series has the same problem. I know I can search the forums and youtube - but does anyone have links bookmarked - where and what to buy with easy to follow instructions for a noob like me? I would appreciate it. Thanks.

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread