The ReNew 2.7 ohm Cartomizer anyhone use these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SurReality89

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2012
USA
i was considering getting this along with a phiniac tank, but i'm not sure if its the same size as the boges to fit the tank... it seems to be the only XL cart they have in stock. but i'm thinking i might just get a regular size instead due to how difficult it is to find XL carts, if i don't like the renews then i won't really have many options it seems as far as XL's go

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Thanks for letting us know. So , they dont have the reg length ReNews. Darn, I dont want to have to get a longer tank, all my tanks are reg length. I could use the XL anyway, but not crazy about having that extra 10mm extending the space between tank and drip tip. I guess it would be like having a cannon type of drip tip, might be kinda cool.

Slurp812

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
Northwest Ohio
Yes, in fact I love these things! I have the 2.5 ohm ReNew XL in steel. It feels lighter, like the steel is thinner. That may make it easier to punch holes in them. Not sure, I dont use tanks. The outer diameter is the same as a Resurector as far as I can tell. It also has less restriction than a Resurector. But it does have the quicker absorbing wadding like the Resurector/smoktech type cartos. Iv only used one so far, but that first one is working great. I will post back when I pull out the 2nd one...

Neya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
MA
Yes, in fact I love these things! I have the 2.5 ohm ReNew XL in steel. It feels lighter, like the steel is thinner. That may make it easier to punch holes in them. Not sure, I dont use tanks. The outer diameter is the same as a Resurector as far as I can tell. It also has less restriction than a Resurector. But it does have the quicker absorbing wadding like the Resurector/smoktech type cartos. Iv only used one so far, but that first one is working great. I will post back when I pull out the 2nd one...

This makes sense, since these are SmokTech's made for COV.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Damn these. I'm so not used to them. First one slotted like my boges -leaked all over. 2nd one punched, bent it... But preparing these for a tank is not my forte..

Been there, done that. I thought I got a good carto punch (Siam Mods punch tool from Phiniac). Watched the videos how to make the hole. Darned things often got so bent out-of-round that I usually had a hard time getting them to pass thru the endcaps, despite lubing them with juice and using a Slap-yo-Momma tank tool. That can't be good for the o-rings.

I tried slotting one once, after watching PBsuardo's video on how he does his. Carto flooded badly. Never tried that again.

I've gone back to using pre-punched (actually, the pre-drilled) cartos. I order them with different numbers of holes, selecting the right carto for the thickness of the juice I'm going to use it with. This has been working out very well for me. The only juice that hasn't wicked well is Boba's, which is fine because its not one of my favorites.

vapordraggin101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009

hi, just wondering how these are working for you and where you got them? Thanks

Neya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
MA
I got a new punch, a bullet piercing valve which punches tiny tiny holes. Since I use mostly VG I did 4 holes... We'll see how that goes. So far, no leaks. I did notice that if the holes are too low in the tank (1mm or less from bottom) it WILL leak. If higher it will not, Maybe because of vacuum. Boges I can put holes as low as possible without a problem.
With hole 1mm up A primer puff gets it gurgly. Vapor production is very good. Filling is easier than boges.

I used a syringe to fill it with my extreme ice juice, and I'm getting a flavor I do not get with boges. Sort of plasticy. Not sure if its cause I was used to bogegated boges, or if I burnt a little of the filler (not enough to say burnt carto) or if its the Renew's themselves.

Last edited:

Neya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
MA
I always found good Boges had very little "start-up" taste compared to others. Maybe rinse Before using?

Thats probably what it is then. I didnt notice it with the other one I tried in my first renew, which was a coffee vape. The ice type I'm using is a very "clean" taste, I can always tell if theres something behind the scenes mudding it.

Slurp812

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
Northwest Ohio
I got them from Clouds of Vapor. Opened the first one 9/20/12, and just had to toss it and reach for another. Draw was getting tight, and starting to taste not so good after 3 weeks plus. The 2nd one is as good as the first. Kinda airy, but good taste. They are made by smoktech according to the box. I use MadVapes Chinese 3&5 24mg. Its very clear, not much flavor. so it doesn't clog cartos very fast.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I got a new punch, a bullet piercing valve which punches tiny tiny holes. Since I use mostly VG I did 4 holes... We'll see how that goes. So far, no leaks. I did notice that if the holes are too low in the tank (1mm or less from bottom) it WILL leak. If higher it will not, Maybe because of vacuum. Boges I can put holes as low as possible without a problem.
With hole 1mm up A primer puff gets it gurgly. Vapor production is very good. Filling is easier than boges.

I used a syringe to fill it with my extreme ice juice, and I'm getting a flavor I do not get with boges. Sort of plasticy. Not sure if its cause I was used to bogegated boges, or if I burnt a little of the filler (not enough to say burnt carto) or if its the Renew's themselves.

You said "bullet piercing valve"? is it for piercing bullets for use in guns or the bullet style piercing valves for inline tubing? I saw some on amazon but they dont look like they are for gun bullets. Just wanted to clarify.
thanks, maybe a link?

PS, I still haven't gotten around to trying the renews. Ive been having good luck with the boges I get from vaporbeast and I just dont know, especially with the one person that stated they had a bad taste? I love my juices and they aren't cheap, so I dont know if I want to go thru the pain of rinsing cartos before use especially since they are not cheap either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread