Having troubles with my Flavour Art flavors' mixing percentages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vappa

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Netherlands
Hi there,
For some reason i keep on having trouble getting to the right flavor percentage to use for these flavors:
Flavour Art Mandarin
Flavour Art Orange
Flavour Art Pine Apple
I use 70/30/11 PG/VG/nic, EGO VV with A-type tank for testing. I usually mix batches of 2ml for testing.

For the Mandarin i started with 5%, which tasted quite good, but not full enough. So i went to 10%. But this was waayyy too much. The taste was just muted and at 4+Volts it tasted burned. Then i went back to 8%. Same result: hardly any taste and burned. Back to 7%: same result.
With Orange i had a similar experience. The Pine Apple is good on 8% but it does not taste as full as i expected it to be.

My question is: has anyone tried these three flavors? If yes, at what percentage do you use them? And does it give you a full taste?
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Vappa

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Netherlands
I let them steep somewhere between 1 day and 1 week. I am testing single flavors right now, so there are no other flavors used, just the single Mandarin, Orange and Pine Apple, all three single batches.

My experience with single flavors is that they normally don't need a long steeping time. Other single favors I've tested are already good after 1 day of steeping. Only these three are drivin' me crazy :)

Thanks for asking.

Vappa

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Netherlands
You need to add an acid to your juice. Try 3 drops of Concentrated Lemon Juice per 5ml for fruit flavors. You will be pleasantly surprised at the results.

Lemon juice really makes fruit flavors pop!

You mean those yellow bottles with the green cap? Have to steal them from the wife's cabinet then :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread