KR808 Cartomizer Clearomizer Recommendation HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

aktionze

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2012
Maine
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a nice, well-built cartomizer or clearomizer for my KR808 (I have Halo G6 batteries and I think they are KR808)

I have been using Halo's cartomizers but it seems it is not working out very well for me. I am keep going back to smoking cigarettes, because it lacks taste, throat hit, etc. I have used fluxomizers from Gotvapes and it worked very well when it worked; however, I had some issues of fluxomizers leaking and it was difficult to carry around.

So if anyone could recommend good cartomizers or preferably clearomizers or other things not I might not know about (since I am still a newbie at electronic cigarettes), I would be very appreciated!!!

Thank you very much:) !!!

aktionze

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2012
Maine
You might want to try an 808-510 adapter so you can use any of the 510 clearos. I have no 808 or Halo experience so that is all I can think of that might be of help to you.

Thank you for your answer!!! I was reluctant to use 808-510 adapter because as far as I understand it decreases voltage, which would result in less flavor and vapor production... or I could be wrong this whole time:confused:

bivie

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2012
Damon, TX near Houston
BobbyIvie.com
I really like Halo cartomizers.

As far as the Nanos, I'd read the Smokeless Image thread about them before I made
any commitment to them. Black Strat is not the norm when it comes to happy about
them.

In fact, I started with 808s, and clearos that work well with them are few and far between.
Actually, I've not found one yet. They all leak, taste burnt or just don't work well. You'll
get a good one now and then, but usually not.

I kiss those 808s goodbye and hook up with some 510s. I still use 808s when I want
a small ecig .. but the rest of the time I'm eGo Twisting.

aktionze

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2012
Maine
Thank you all for great comments!!!

I have cartomizers from Halo which I bought about a year ago and maybe they have changed them since then. Do you guys use Halo's low resistance cartomizers or just regulars? Also, cartomizers and nano clearomizer from Smokeless image seem impressive as well.

Of course, I could go and buy Provari or other PVs; however, I spent about 50 dollars for these 808 batteries and they are still working very well and I just don't want them to go to waste so I was looking for some nice cartomizers and clearomizers.

I hope this thread finds helpful for people who are in the same situation

iquittedithink

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
Tennessee
I'm in the same "boat"-except my kr808 is from Smokeless Image. Not too crazy about these regular cartos, so I've been searching & reading the threads here, looking for a good clearo or tank to try. Smokeless Image is planning to add Kanger T3 tanks to their site any day now; They are sounding like the best option (so far).

LucidAce

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
right about here, USA

I have cartomizers from Halo which I bought about a year ago and maybe they have changed them since then. Do you guys use Halo's low resistance cartomizers or just regulars? Also, cartomizers and nano clearomizer from Smokeless image seem impressive as well.

Of course, I could go and buy Provari or other PVs; however, I spent about 50 dollars for these 808 batteries and they are still working very well and I just don't want them to go to waste so I was looking for some nice cartomizers and clearomizers.

Are you still using the same ones from a year ago? Because, if so, that could be a big part of the problem right there. If I misunderstood that, my apologies.

I haven't used the Nanos from Smokeless Image, but I have used their CE3 cartomizers, and I'm a big fan of them. I still use them now even though I don't use my Smokeless Image batteries anymore. They're just really good little clearomizers, imo. They do require a syringe to fill, but that's never been an issue for me, because if I'm going out I'll just fill up a few of them and take them along.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Thank you for your answer!!! I was reluctant to use 808-510 adapter because as far as I understand it decreases voltage, which would result in less flavor and vapor production... or I could be wrong this whole time:confused:

No, they don't decrease voltage. Many people use 510/510 adaptors for their tanks or 510-eGo adaptors to use a Vision Sardust on a 510 device. That is not what you need, just saying adaptors are very common.

Anyway... I vape up a storm with a KR808-D and a Boge 510 carto :).

bivie

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2012
Damon, TX near Houston
BobbyIvie.com

If you are using a Smokeless Image battery, I would go with low resistance. Those batts
are 3.7s, so they will work great with LR.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand

bivie

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2012
Damon, TX near Houston
BobbyIvie.com
Not necessarily. If you're thinking about low resistance with SI batts I recommend reading this thread:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...anyone-try-lower-resistance-carts-w-volt.html

Interesting read. I guess I never had an issue because I'v used them on my X2s. I use the SI
and Halo carts that are loaded with flavors and refill them for my 65s and 78s, so there's no
issue there for sure.

Looks like for the SI batts, low resistance should stay at 2.2 ohms or so to allow for the variance
in ohms ... the + or - a little. I still think standard resistance would be too high, at least for me, cuz
some of those are as much as 3 ohms - at least according to vendor sites.

iquittedithink

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
Tennessee
Are you still using the same ones from a year ago? Because, if so, that could be a big part of the problem right there. If I misunderstood that, my apologies.

I haven't used the Nanos from Smokeless Image, but I have used their CE3 cartomizers, and I'm a big fan of them. I still use them now even though I don't use my Smokeless Image batteries anymore. They're just really good little clearomizers, imo. They do require a syringe to fill, but that's never been an issue for me, because if I'm going out I'll just fill up a few of them and take them along.

You know, I've read several posts by others who say they like them (Ce3's). When I'd found this site a month ago, SI had just come put with that initial batch of Nanos. Reading the thread about them, I concluded that the Ce3's weren't worth trying. ("Hope these are better than the ce3's, etc.) Also reading about various problems w/leaking, burnt taste, etc.... So I've running searches here about other clearos & tanks, & finding posts about issues w/them, too.
But I just realized: Of course many posts are about problems/issues: If something is working well for someone, it's likely they wouldn't be jumping on to the forums & posting about it(!).
Thanks for the post. Guess I'll try the ce3's. : )

LucidAce

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
right about here, USA
You know, I've read several posts by others who say they like them (Ce3's). When I'd found this site a month ago, SI had just come put with that initial batch of Nanos. Reading the thread about them, I concluded that the Ce3's weren't worth trying. ("Hope these are better than the ce3's, etc.) Also reading about various problems w/leaking, burnt taste, etc.... So I've running searches here about other clearos & tanks, & finding posts about issues w/them, too.
But I just realized: Of course many posts are about problems/issues: If something is working well for someone, it's likely they wouldn't be jumping on to the forums & posting about it(!).

Haha, yeah. That's the thing about forums sometimes. There definitely are some QC issues with the CE3s; I had one that leaked out of the box but the other 9 I had worked just fine. And it's not like they just leak randomly. They either leak or don't leak basically right away (with a few rare exceptions) so you'll typically know whether you're good to go or not on any particular one because it if didn't leak before it's not going to leak now. Just be sure to follow the instructions for filling them, and I think, on the whole, you'll find them a pretty sizable improvement over standard cartomizers.

Last edited:

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail

I like the SI clearos, the CE3's and the Nanos. Nothing is perfect but 9 out of 10 Nanos are still working for me. All my clearos work great but leak if I fill them more than half full, the CE3's are still going strong with one out of 10 or 15 dead now but it has been 6 weeks and several refills. The Nanos are great but one doesn't work for me. I heard the new batch of Nanos is even better than this first run that I bought. I have or will buy more of each.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I like the SI clearos, the CE3's and the Nanos. Nothing is perfect but 9 out of 10 Nanos are still working for me. All my clearos work great but leak if I fill them more than half full, the CE3's are still going strong with one out of 10 or 15 dead now but it has been 6 weeks and several refills. The Nanos are great but one doesn't work for me. I heard the new batch of Nanos is even better than this first run that I bought. I have or will buy more of each.

What is a Nano?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread