Question for those that vape 0 nic

Status
Not open for further replies.

thisguy

Feb 5, 2010
Abilene, TX
I've been on and off vaping on and off for over two years now. I would go back to analogs when vaping would cause sinus problems, among other problems, and the sheer lack of it being as easy as pulling out a smoke and lighting up. Sorry, never found a e-cig in all that time that was as simple and convenient as an analog, If only.

I finally got fed up and just quite smoking and vaping altogether a little over two months ago. Problem now is the crushing jones for a smoke, even after two months... I know it's not a Nicotine withdrawal that I'm feeling after this much time but the craving for a drag off a cig or e-cig is crushing all the same. To be honest it's starting to drain me. I'm more edgy now than I was after the first 24 hours with no nic. I can feel myself slipping into a depression, but I just can't go back to being addicted to Nicotine after busting my ... getting off of the crap, not to mention the extra cash in my pocket :laugh:, so..

My Question is, do you think vaping no nic could help with this? Are there any of you that smoked and now vape no nic and are doing it successfully? What are your experiences with no nic and suggestions for some no nic juice.

Thanks for reading and all your replies.

ImThatGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
California
Glad you're considering vaping again. You say it's not the nicotine. Most likely it's the action - hand to mouth, oral fixation, etc. - that is what you're missing. That habit per se. I have tried 0 nic and quite frankly, it was like breathing flavored air. I went back to 4mg just so I would get that throat hit sensation. I'm on 4mg and I don't think I would go back to 0 again. If so, then I'll just quit everything altogether.

On a side note: to artificially stimulate a throat hit with 0 nic, I have found that a menthol flavor liquid gives it that small hit. I'm not a fan of menthol so I just went back to 4mg.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
If you go 0 nic the throat hit of the vapor will suffer dramatically. I don't recall the name of the chemicals, maybe a 0mg nic vaper will come here and tell you, but you can get chemical additives that give you throat hit resembling juice with nicotine in it without the actual nicotine.

Otherwise, perhaps 8mg nicotine or less juice is in order (that's .08% concentration by volume)? Why go from some to none when you can scale down from 8mg and add the chemicals I am talking about to compensate. Don't make it hard on yourself or you'll just bounce right back in a relapse if you're not careful. Less than 3% of people succeed after a year using NRTs like the patch, gum, lozenges, or the inhaler (one older study said e-cigs are 70% fail rate, but I don't even come close to believing that). Knowing that, and with the help their getting, statistically speaking it will be a very hard road. I don't want to advocate nicotine, but I also don't want you to fail even more.

ECBlends has a juice wizard that you can customize your own e-juice to a certain degree and it's also the cheapest juice on the market. It is well liked by reviewers on YouTube as well.

Lastly, it's the Propylene Glycol that's causing the sinus problems. I was getting bloody noses in the dead of summer like it was the dead of winter. Perhaps 100% VG solution would solve your problem (and create some of its own since the bar is higher). I vape 70/30 PG/VG and now that the humidity has risen from the drought levels of summer I am finding relief in that, although winter's right around the corner...

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Glad you're considering vaping again. You say it's not the nicotine. Most likely it's the action - hand to mouth, oral fixation, etc. - that is what you're missing. That habit per se.

I think that too.

It could be that you are missing the ritual.

Why not try vaping no nic and *see*? That's the only way you'll know.

Understand, even though after 10 or so days cold turkey off nicotine, you're not physically addicted anymore, but the psychological addiction is hard to break. That, and the fact that there is more "cleansing" that goes on when giving up analogs than "just" nicotine. There are 5,000 other chemicals your body needs to adjust off.

You could spend the $$ on a good massage therapist, join a gym and take saunas, embark on a walking program or kayakking or hiking program with others......all these things called "being good to yourself" may also help you not feel so..........DEPRIVED. :)

Personally, I can't advocate you re-addict to nicotine UNLESS it turns out that that is what the actual problem is. I would explore the other options first.

YOU said you know it's not a nicotine problem.........nobody on this forum can possible have the "body wisdom" you have about your very own body. So since you said that, I say go with it, since there is that knowing-ness from your very own self.

I have no idea why, after you said you KNOW it's not a nicotine problem that people are suggesting you vape nicotine again. :scratches head: No offense to anyone, but there it is.

Last edited:

thisguy

Feb 5, 2010
Abilene, TX
Thanks for the replies and the help. I'll take it all in consideration.

No chance of me using anything with nic in it, worked way too hard to go back to being addicted to that, but I may order some 0 nic to keep around and if I feel it's all too much use that and see if it helps. I know there are enough PV's floating around the house :D

Thanks again.

hcour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
SC
I'd like to get off the nic eventually, down to 6mg at this point and I've only been vaping a couple of months. I've asked in a couple of threads and the general consensus seems to be that menthol flavors, especially "ice menthol", are best for simulating TH w/o nic. For me, strong & tasty flavor (I never used tobacco flavors), good vapor production, the hand-to-mouth action, and substituting my lifelong, familiar smoking rituals with vaping rituals (for instance, vaping after a meal, having a chat with my neighbor on his porch while I vape and he smokes, and so on...) are keeping me off the analogs.

As for convenience, you're just going to have to accept that vaping is a little (or a lot, depending) more involved than analogs. But I do think that if you spend a little time and experiment and find what's right for you, it becomes more simple, more of a normal routine. (Speaking only from my own experience, of course.)

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
I have gone to 0 many months ago and have quit vaping for months at a time. Then there it is the craving it pops up and I bought a pack of smokes. I finally have settled on some menthol peppermint tobacco juice and it really helps. I smoked 1 cig a day until my juice in 0 got here and now every time I want to smoke I have some menthol. I haven't went back to that pack of cigs I bought yet. I am now back to vaping a lot more often almost daily now. Sometimes I can go without for the whole weekend if I am busy and have something to do. 0 has helped me stay away from cigs. It doesn't hurt to try 0 you just have to find a flavor that really hits the spot. After 2 yrs of using all kinds of flavors I am craving tobacco flavor and menthol. I think it is my urge to smoke again but i really cant stand cigs I cannot even inhale. So I like the tobacco flavor but not the flavor of burning. Try using some flavor that you really enjoy but never used a lot and make it a go to so when ever you crave you vape only that flavor and if you are not vaping a lot splurge and buy a good higher price liquid like Halo or something and just make it a cigar type vaping experience. That is what I have done so now I vape but I try to only use with my morning coffee and maybe after dinner. It seems to be working for me.

lrage

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2010
Florida
I've been on and off Vaping on and off for over two years now. I would go back to analogs when vaping would cause sinus problems, among other problems, and the sheer lack of it being as easy as pulling out a smoke and lighting up. Sorry, never found a e-cig in all that time that was as simple and convenient as an analog, If only.

I finally got fed up and just quite smoking and vaping altogether a little over two months ago. Problem now is the crushing jones for a smoke, even after two months... I know it's not a Nicotine withdrawal that I'm feeling after this much time but the craving for a drag off a cig or e-cig is crushing all the same. To be honest it's starting to drain me. I'm more edgy now than I was after the first 24 hours with no nic. I can feel myself slipping into a depression, but I just can't go back to being addicted to Nicotine after busting my ... getting off of the crap, not to mention the extra cash in my pocket :laugh:, so..

My Question is, do you think vaping no nic could help with this? Are there any of you that smoked and now vape no nic and are doing it successfully? What are your experiences with no nic and suggestions for some no nic juice.

Thanks for reading and all your replies.

Yes. To give my story I vaped for like 4 years on and off trying to quit. I'm not at like 3 months (lol whatever my sig says days wise) and what worked for me was quitting for like a month or whatever and when I knew I would fall off the wagon I went back to vaping and not smoking. And that has worked for me very well. It's like my mind has forgotten smoking made me "feel better" and vaping was able to take its place without issue. Where as when I just tried to quit using vaping my mind kept going "smoking is even better".

As far as no nic Backwoods Brew has strong thick juices that seem to taste fine with no nic.

thevinstigator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2012
New Jersey
I have been strictly vaping berry flavored juice after giving up menthol ciggs. Just bought a vv Volt and am loving the vape, more TH and vapor than the Ego i was using till now. Currently doing about 5ml of juice per day and no analogs yet even while coffee and drinking some Capt Morgan rum. Try something new possibly NOT tobacco flavored and you might enjoy the vape.

Cookster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2011
Fla-De-Da
I vape 6mg nic during the day, and 0 nic after 8:00pm with no problems. I would go to Wizard Labs and get some PG and VG and a couple of flavorings you might enjoy, and mix up a couple of batches. Menthol and Cinnamon provide some throat, and there is a product called Koolada which gives a cool hit without a menthol flavor. Doing it this way, you can save money and have some fun...

digunderground

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2012
Vaparadise
Just my 2c... I have used the Halo 0nic liquids and most of them retain a good throat hit and vapor. Specifically the Torque 56, tribecca, Turkish tobacco and prime 15. The chocolate is good at 0 nic, but doesn't have much throat hit. I dont have experiences with many other 0nic juices.

I purchased these to actually mix with other flavors just to play around, but I also vaped 1-2 mil with no nic just to understand how they tasted and how the throat hit was. I was quite impressed.. but I want my Nic, so they all got mixed with other stuff. Give it a shot, I think you'll like it.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
One thing that might help get the "kick" somewhat like the nicotine TH is to add some Koolada. It is flavorless and odorless but it adds a punch of "cold" that hits the back of the throat rather nicely.

I am currently vaping 5mg. and stepping down to 4mg. in a couple of weeks (DIY). I do vape menthol...and add Koolada to it. I do NOT miss the higher nicotine at all.... transitioning down with my nicotine consumption has been completely painless for me. And I do get a very satisfying TH with the juice mix I'm using. If you try Koolada...go very easy! It's super strong stuff!! I think the base guideline is about 1 drop per ml. but that was WAY too strong for me! (and I like an extremely frigid menthol vape). I make 60ml. bottles of menthol juice with 5% menthol flavoring and put only 27 drops Koolada in the 60ml. bottle. Even that is pretty strong. YMMV.

hcour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
SC
One thing that might help get the "kick" somewhat like the nicotine TH is to add some Koolada. It is flavorless and odorless but it adds a punch of "cold" that hits the back of the throat rather nicely.

I am currently vaping 5mg. and stepping down to 4mg. in a couple of weeks (DIY). I do vape menthol...and add Koolada to it. I do NOT miss the higher nicotine at all.... transitioning down with my nicotine consumption has been completely painless for me. And I do get a very satisfying TH with the juice mix I'm using. If you try Koolada...go very easy! It's super strong stuff!! I think the base guideline is about 1 drop per ml. but that was WAY too strong for me! (and I like an extremely frigid menthol vape). I make 60ml. bottles of menthol juice with 5% menthol flavoring and put only 27 drops Koolada in the 60ml. bottle. Even that is pretty strong. YMMV.

For those of us that don't DIY, is there any reason one could not add Koolada to a pre-mixed vendor's juice? I think I'd like to try that if it's ok.

ImThatGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
California
I have no idea why, after you said you KNOW it's not a nicotine problem that people are suggesting you vape nicotine again. :scratches head: No offense to anyone, but there it is.

Suggesting a bit of nicotine just so he can have that throat hit sensation. Like I've stated, I have gone to 0mg and there was no throat hit. Adding a bit of nicotine gives that throat hit. He stated it's not the nicotine addiction he misses, but the action, feeling, etc. TH is most likely one of those things that any ex-smoker will miss. There are other additives that can simulate a throat hit, but I'm only aware of menthol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread