Nicotine overdose :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonjay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Anybody else tend to do this seemingly often? I've been vaping about 30+ days, and have had semi-OD's about twice.. you know cold sweats headache upset stomach etc etc.

I vape alot; and try and use >8mg liquids but the 11-12mg + is what gives me the satisfaction of a cigarette and perhaps I am using it way too often.

Am I a crazy addict, or is this fairly understandable and happen often to any one else? Thanks! =)

Reactions: Roxyco

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
I did during my first week or two, almost daily. It took a bit to get used to how long it takes for the nicotine to kick in. Hasn't happened in a few months now.

1 week vapor user, I too OD on nicotine . Please help, should I be moving to a lower mg liquid?
Either reduce your nicotine, or put the PV down for a bit.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
If you're having those symptoms, definitely put down the pv.

Are you a long time smoker?

You have to remember that the nicotine from vaping doesn't react as quickly as with smoking. It's a slower process. Put down the PV and tell yourself you'll wait 5-10 minutes and see if your still craving nicotine.

JessyDrastic

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Boston
yeah when i first started i got the 18mg nic juice.. of course, playing with my new toy - i was chain vaping like a madwoman... and got the yucky feeling... i quickly ordered some lower mg juice just so i could have something to casually vape on, and then save the 18mg for when i actually felt nic craving...

now i do 18mg and still chain vape.. i do get flushed (hot) now and then, and today i started noticing a headache.. i chalked it up to the fact i didn't drink much water this weekend (lots of wine though..!).. so i am upping my H20 for today.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
1 week vapor user, I too OD on nicotine . Please help, should I be moving to a lower mg liquid?

We need more information about you before anyone can answer this question. And remember, we aren't doctors. Start another thread and tell us a bit about your smoking history, what you're vaping, etc.

Doogmar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
Lake Tahoe
. i do get flushed (hot) now and then, and today i started noticing a headache.. i chalked it up to the fact i didn't drink much water this weekend (lots of wine though..!).. so i am upping my H20 for today.

Oh good point :) Vaping dehydrates you a lot, so drink lots of water. Before I started vaping, I rarely drank water, just a lot of coffee and soda. Now I mostly just drink water... a lot of water.

enoryt

Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
Orange County
If you're having those symptoms, definitely put down the pv.

Are you a long time smoker?

You have to remember that the nicotine from vaping doesn't react as quickly as with smoking. It's a slower process. Put down the PV and tell yourself you'll wait 5-10 minutes and see if your still craving nicotine.

Hmm didn't know this, yeah I definitely am vaping a bit much. I've been smoking for about 10 years. I think right now vaping is a bit of a novelty item, I'm so excited about being off cigarettes that I'm constantly hitting it. Once the novelty wears off, I'm sure I'll slow down and won't be so excited absolutely everything vape related.

flowerchild

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
In the forest waitakere nz
Hi welcome to ECF. I used to OD too I decided after reading some posts that I was vapeing incorrectly. There are some great threads about how to vape I would suggest you take a look at some here. I was vapeing 36mg cut to 12 but I was chain vapeing at the weekends and was getting really sick its a horrible feeling :( Dont lose hope its just part of the learning curve, most ppl will say there are highs and lows when you first start your journey. Read lots and ask questions, theres always somebody here that will offer some words of wisdom from their own journey :vapor:

enoryt

Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
Orange County
I might have sensationalized OD'ing, I mean this happens on occasions when I'm hitting it a bit too much. I do plan to move to a lower mg level, but its just something I wanted to be sure of. It happened probably the first two days I owned the PV, I was just so excited. It hasn't happened as frequently, and I realize it will take some self control. Lol, like I said, I just caught the bug.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Sometimes it's hard to know what symptoms are from quitting smoking and what's from vaping.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...hen-quitting-tobacco-changing-ecigarette.html

I know when I've vaped too much and get that headache. I also can't vape too much on an empty stomach. But I couldn't really smoke on an empty stomach either.

Drink a lot. Listen to your body- you are the expert on that. If you want to vape a lot, lower the nicotine. You could even add a couple drops of VG or distilled water although it reduces the taste a bit. I vape lower nicotine at night or I have sleep issues.

enoryt

Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
Orange County
I will take a look Caridwen, I appreciate the help and concern. I've always had a history of being extremely sensitive to most things, including alcohol, caffeine, and things of that nature. Yes, hydrating has been a big thing for me recently, I noticed I would smoke my throat dry. I have been drinking a ton of water as of recent and my body is slowly adjusting.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
If I get carried away with my 24mg juice I can really tell when I've had to much. Most of the time I'll switch to an 18mg. I started having trouble sleeping and got some 12mg banana nut bread juice just for the before bedtime vape. I also take a BIG 64oz cup full of ice water to bed with me. That way if I wake up and want to vape I got the water right there with me.

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
Play around with the pg, those are the symptoms I get when I vape higher than 20% pg. Don't have any problem chain vaping 100% vg at 12mg nic or lower. As a previous poster said, we're not doctors so we can't tell you exactly what is wrong with you personally, and even if we were, we couldn't tell you anything until we ran some tests on you.

However, I invite you to read as much as you can in the Health & Medical thread in the forum.

Good luck and hope you find the answers you need.

BikerBob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
VA
My first sign is stomach discomfort (not quite to 'upset' stage, but heading in that direction). I'm trying this in the evenings (when I tend to chain-vape): vape 0-6mg for a while, and when I feed the need I grab my typical 20-24mg for a few vapes, then return to the lower octane stuff. 3 evenings of that so far, and the 20-24mg is seeming quite potent.

Don't forget that while your still getting Nicotine, your missing the other 800+ chemicals that you used to get from cigarettes. Your body will freak out without them. I had no problems with vaping until 2-3 months into it and I started having symptoms of nicotine OD. I dropped my nic level and cut my caffeine intake and felt instantly better the next day. And yes, drink as much water as you can without throwing up haha. Natural fruit juices too. The natural sugars and vitamins will help flush your system. Don't give up and be careful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread