Disposable E Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diagasa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
USA
First, I purchased this with my own money.
Second, everything contained herein is purely opinion and your mileage with these devices may vary.
Third, I greatly value any input on either these devices or other similar device.
Thanks,
On with the review.

So far I have tried three disposables and plan on researching a few more that I can pick up locally. None of them have performed close to what I perceive as satisfactory.
I will be using a scoring system based on a scale of 1 to 10.
1/10 will mean that I would not give this device a second glance on the shelf.
5/10 will mean that I might buy it in a pinch if I'm out of my standard vape gear.
10/10 will mean that I would keep one of these on hand as a back up in case of a device failure.

Blu Disposable: 3.5/10
I picked up the Blu disposable at my local Walgreen's on a whim. I bought a menthol and a tobacco just to try out. Both of the e liquids in them are made by Johnson Creek Smoke juice.
~ The tobacco version tasted more like a burnt coffee flavor than a tobacco flavor. I'm pretty certain that this odd flavor is the base for their juice line.
~The Menthol version also had this strange burnt coffee flavor with just a tiny touch of mint in it. There was no cooling menthol rush or even a slightly cooling sensation in my mouth.
Neither one of these disposables made it through the night shift with me.
I also notice the next day that I had that strange coffee taste in my mouth even after brushing my teeth and using Listerine. I might buy one of these in a pinch but I would not use one of these to get someone started on vaping.
Price: $9.99 + tax
Website:Disposable Cigarettes | Electronic Disposable Cigarette

E Tron Disposable: 1/10
I bought this at my local Ayerco Gas Station. I hate to say it but I don't even want to bother finishing this mini review. It really was that bad folks. Nasty tasting barely visible vapor combined with a massive headache almost instantly after vaping on this. I vape 18mg juice regularly and this was a 16mg disposable so I'm certain that the nicotine was not the issue here. I'm pretty sure it was either something in their e liquid blend or plastic that cause the headache. I tried this three separate times with two different disposable with the same results each time.
Price: $4.99 + tax

Krave Disposable: 7/10
I picked this one up at a different Ayerco farther south. I must say that this little disposable had the best vapor and flavor out of the bunch that I have tried. I bought a menthol and a tobacco unit and i was greatly impressed with the flavors in both.
~The tobacco unit was not exactly my all day vape but it was tasty enough for me to be able vape it until it died.
~ The menthol unit was the above tobacco base mixed with a nice cooling menthol with just a touch of wintergreen mint.
I visited their website and was quite impressed to see the selection that they now offer. you can get a disposable in pretty much any flavor you can imagine. If I was to use a disposable to give someone an idea of what vaping is, this would be my go to.
Price: $9.95 + tax
Website: http://www.kraveit.com/index.php/krave-disposible-electronic-cigarettes.html

In summary, I suggest that the average vaper should only use a disposable in a moment of need. They can at the very least deliver the nicotine that you need and help keep you off of the real deal. If you are a smoker who is considering vaping, find someone in your area who vapes and have them show you the ropes a little. Nowadays most of us are fairly knowledgeable about what is currently available.

Thanks for reading and please feel free to chime in with your experiences with disposable.
D

P.S. Cigarettes just just went up a dollar per pack in my area due to the new tax law. Vaping never looked or felt so damned good!

MDE3

Jan 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
Picked up a Logic platinum today like the flavor and high nicotine content. Seems to have an alright battery life. Was my first toss away.

I haven't yet graduated to the level of the "do it yourselfer's" on here and continue to use the Logic "power" arrangement with the rechargeable batteries and the 5 pack modules. I actually rarely use the battery supplied with the "Power" kit, as the regular Black Label or Platinum brand logic batteries are also rechargeable and I had a buch left over from when I smoked the throw away singles.

To date the Logic is the best I have tried in the disposables (I have tried maybe 10 different ones), although there has been some significant inconsistencies in this product. Sometimes the throwaways did not work at all right out of the package. Other times they tasted very sour and bitter...like they do when the module is running low. (not the battery mind you, only when the module is getting near it's end does the vapor get bitter and sour.) It is almost like the assembly workers are using them up and putting the used ones back into new packages. Not saying this IS the case, just it seems like it.

When they came out with the Power Kit and began to offer 5 packs of modules, I went that way. Going on 3 months I would say. The 5 pack kits are more consistent than the throw away assembles, and cost $19.99 for a 5 pack. They last me from 5 - 8 days. I am not sure if that variable is due to my vaping habits or the charge levels. My costs are averaging say $25.00/week if I add in the cost of the batteries over a few months. My previous smoking habit was costing me around $123.00?week (yikes that is scary) with a 2.5 pack per day habit at around $7.00/pack. So I am saving around $98.00/week with the vaping.

The only thing I would caution is if using the regular "throw away batteries" to re-charge. be carefull not to leave them plugged in too long. They will over charge, and can actually burn your fingers when th tubes get hot while vaping. You can even feel the electricity in your fingert when they are too charged. Note this phenomenon may be limited to using the stf. batteries, and may not occur when using the power series. I no longer have any power series batteries available to compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread