The Best Carto Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdunn96

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo NY
I have been changing over to carto's and I am looking for some of the better tanks out there that are reasonably priced. I have rebuild-able atty's and have the Vivi but I tried a carto tank and love that even though I love to drip also. Can I get some suggestions or websites to check out? Thanks for your help, it is much easier when people tell you how and why they like the tanks they have.

yuttynutt

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2011
Minnesota
I love my carto tanks and I have lots of them. It all comes down to what you want out of your tank like GrimmGreen says form versus function. If you want something that looks great there are the bella tanks and phiniac tanks and the lava tanks. If you don't mind what it looks like the best working tanks I haqve found are from mom and pop they are the submarine tanks and have a fill hole on the side for easy no mess filling. There's a link in my signature for mom and pop. If price is also a factor you can get a dct from almost any vendor from 6-15 bucks. Dct's work but are a pain to fill and messy. hope this helps.

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
Glass has the advantage of not cracking with some juices. Some tanks are what they call "slidy" meaning the carto slides very easily in it...these can lead to an accidental dump of your juice. My personal favorites are glass tanks that use a grommet rather than caps and o-rings. These green tanks are an example, I have one and it is great...no leaks ever. Glass tanks .Hot Vapes also sells handblown glass tanks in some very nice colors like these of mine...

hotvapestanks.jpg

Phiniac Tanks are good tanks as well...good fit on the caps and good fit on the cartos... Phiniac Rugged Pyrex Glass Tanks the also do custom decoration on them.

pro111.jpg

Other sourcs for custom glass are

High Desert Age Test uses grommets

Sagewood has tanks at times... Flickr: Sagewood Glass' Photostream

I am sure other will chime in with their favorites as well...

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    The only problem I have with ElectronicStix.Com is that their out of stock on so many things. I'll be glad when they get their laser drilled boges back in. Next time I'll be more prepared with my order. CS was fantastic. I guess that's why they sell so much product.

You wouldn't believe the volume that goes through that place! Plus it's such a guessing game for what items will be hot sellers this month and what will just gather dust.
    Thankfully most of their tanks are made right there in the store, and they have one or two in stock (or 200) :p
    227513_454474991258672_1665824841_n.jpg

Last edited:

tnt56

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 30, 2012
    Tripple digits half way to home
    You wouldn't believe the volume that goes through that place! Plus it's such a guessing game for what items will be hot sellers this month and what will just gather dust.
    Thankfully most of their tanks are made right there in the store, and they have one or two in stock (or 200) :p
    227513_454474991258672_1665824841_n.jpg

Like I said the CS was fantastic when I did get to place my order. Sides their the only place I've found that have the laser drilled boges. :) And I really did like em in my IBTanks.

Faylool

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 7, 2012
    Sweet Home, Oregon USA
    Theecig in AZ has simple Pyrex tanks in different sizes. Lovely light weight. I have two clear ones and a colbalt blue one. Dont like the dark olor anymore. Cant see juice. The customer service is sincere. You need drilled holes cartos because a dull point punched carto warps it and it won't slide thru.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 21, 2011
    Roe Dylin
    another vote for IBTanked. ive got two of em and im pleased.

a neat little trick to minimize warping when punching your own cartos is to tightly wrap a piece of tape around the bottom portion of the carto. im not sure if the tape holds the shape, or if it allows the carto to fit more snugly resulting is less room to warp, or perhaps a combo of the two. regardless, it offers a significant difference in my experience.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread