How many times do you clean Vivi Nova???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve K

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2012
Philadelphia,Pa
I cleaned my Vivi nova tank today basically because the little juice in the bottom was getting dark,Was running fine though.
Did the basic rinse under water,everything exact from Pbusardo tutorial video,But it didn't run as well after I was done,and hrs later still isn't as good as it was..I was just wondering how often people clean their Vivi and how necessary it is.
My saying sometimes is "Don't fix it if it ain't broke".

Last edited:

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
Usually I clean mline everytime I change flavors. It works out to be about 2-3 times a week.

Same here. I take it all apart, rinse it, dry it as best I can with a paper towel, put the head back on and dry burn it, then rinse the head off again, and let it sit disassembled overnight. By morning it's dry and ready to be reassembled, filled and vaped.

One tip: When I re-fill mine, contrary to popular opinion, I put a drop of juice down in the hole directly onto the coil. I don't have to wait as long for the wick to wick juice into the coil. The only time it has gotten gurgly on me doing this was when I accidentally dripped about 3 drops onto the coil. But even then it just to a few vapes and it was working fine.

Steve K

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2012
Philadelphia,Pa
On my full size every time I refill it or change juice. I soak in alcohol, flush with water and dry and dry burn and flush again if there was a crust on the coils. I still have my original attys I just rotate through them. If the wick gets real bad or I fry an atty at some point I will rebuild them.

What kind of alcohol??How long in alcohol?? and does anyone ever scrape the coils or never touch them.

subsolanus

Jul 16, 2012
Space Coast
I'm not really sure if alcohol works much better than water. The coil residue is "chunky" and doesn't really go into solution much. I could be wrong. I'm new at this too.

You get your best improvement from dry burning. Takes some practice but don't be afraid. The heads are pretty cheap so getting some experience will not cost you much money. Odds are if you go slow you won't do any damage. Dry burning is best done when the wick is dry so don't soak and burn without drying. I used canned "air" to expedite drying during dry burning. More about this later.

Scraping is OK but be careful not to fray the silica that is inside the coil. I just run the sides of a dental pick along the sides of the coil . Don't use the tip as it might damage the silica. Don't "pick" in other words. Any small square edged metal tool will do. A small nailfile should work also.

I also use canned "air" to blow away the reside and dry but I don't recommend it unless you rinse/soak afterwards as the "air" is not really air but some volatiles that will leave an undesirable residue. Alcohol does evaporate faster than water so it should be a better for cleaning if you are in a hurry. Leaving the heads out overnight on a paper towel after soaking in water works fine for me but I'm not in mass production.

Just my opinion from my experience.

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
I clean mine about every 2 - 3 days. I take it apart, rinse in the hottest water I can stand and leave it overnight to dry. In the morning I dry burn the head until I get a nice glow from the coil, reassemble and fill. I have never scraped the coil with anything. I am using heads that are currently almost two months old and they still vape like new.

Replacement heads are cheap and I have 15 backup heads, just in case. I plan to start rebuilding them at some point but I wanted to have a few backups in case my first few attempts went horribly wrong. So far I have been using the Nova Minis for just about 2 1/2 months and have only replaced one head. I got a little over zealous in my first dry burn attempt and my juice tasted like it was fresh off the grill.

LTV1

Moved On
Oct 29, 2012
USA
I clean mine about every 2 - 3 days. I take it apart, rinse in the hottest water I can stand and leave it overnight to dry. In the morning I dry burn the head until I get a nice glow from the coil, reassemble and fill. I have never scraped the coil with anything. I am using heads that are currently almost two months old and they still vape like new.

I do that with warm water. Then push a wadded up paper towel + wipe the inside of the tank clean. Pat dry the wick + leave it between 2 paper towels over night. I also clean the center post, then wick with atty upside down under the faucet and wipe that with paper towels + then put it on top of paper towels UPSIDE DOWN overnight. Dry burn before use till vapor trails leave + coil glows all red.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread