Wizard Labs- Your Favorite Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

xMackx

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2012
Michigan
What are your Favorite tobacco flavors?

What is your favorite tobacco additive flavors? (flavors that enhance the tobacco)

I have been using commercial tobacco flavor which I like and would like to hear which you guys prefer.

I myself have found that a little brown sugar adds a more tobacco like flavor. Menthol crystals are a much better deal compared to liquids compared to quantity.

:vapor:

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I really like Black Honey Tobacco with a little Honeysuckle added. I've given a little Virginia Fire Cured to the recipe to give a heartier tobacco flavor, but it's a dry tobacco and I prefer sweeter, smoother tobacco flavored vapor.

Since WL only sells the small quantities of TFA flavors, I've taken my bulk-flavoring purchases to onestopDIYshop.

RANGERmsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I like TFA tobacco blend @ 5% ( 1 drop per ml ) as a base. Then I add another tobacco flavor ( 1 to 2 drops per 5ml ) to make it more interesting. I just started mixing my own so I'm still experimenting :). You got me interested in the brown sugar. I will try that. I ordered some dyi flavors from wizard labs. The prices are the best, shipping was great, and they sent exactly what I ordered unlike one company I recently ordered from (Madvapes). I will buy from them ( Wizard labs NOT madvapes ) again

xMackx

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2012
Michigan
reallllllyyyy??? that sounds interesting... im going to take out mixing stuff now.. thanks!

Let me know how it turns out :), but yeah my favorite mix is 3-5% commercial tobacco flavor, a few drops of brown sugar, and about an 1/8th teaspoon of powdered (crushed) menthol crystals for a 10ml batch. Something about the robust flavor of brown sugar.

Scott_Simpson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
I really like Black Honey Tobacco with a little Honeysuckle added. I've given a little Virginia Fire Cured to the recipe to give a heartier tobacco flavor, but it's a dry tobacco and I prefer sweeter, smoother tobacco flavored vapor.

Since WL only sells the small quantities of TFA flavors, I've taken my bulk-flavoring purchases to onestopDIYshop.

I believe John will sell bigger bottles of flavoring if you ask. Just use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the WL home page. Be specific about what you want (e.g., 30ml bottle of Flue-Cured Tobacco); John is very accommodating! :laugh:

Reactions: mamabear15

butterfly2746

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2012
Gallatin, Tennessee, United States
I'm not sure yet on Wat I like I still got one more week of steeping on m flavor an just ordered tobacco absolute ,commercial tobacco ,tobacco and 1 more but can't remember what it was .so what percent do I mix these flavors at ..I want a good strong tobacco tasten vape so can I get :blush:a few pointers

glassmanoak

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
Lafayette, La
I'm not sure yet on Wat I like I still got one more week of steeping on m flavor an just ordered tobacco absolute ,commercial tobacco ,tobacco and 1 more but can't remember what it was .so what percent do I mix these flavors at ..I want a good strong tobacco tasten vape so can I get :blush:a few pointers

All I know about tobaccos is that every single one I've tried is very strong. I've tried TFA M-type tobacco, TFA Tobacco Absolute (Alc.), VZ Nuport, VZ Desert Ship, and FA Cowboy. My favs were M-type @ 1 drop/5ml steeped a month and FA Cowboy 1 drop/5ml steeped 2 weeks. The Worst were Desert Ship and Nu-Portr.

Good luck.. Tobaccos are TOUGH!

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
yea tobaccos are tough, but i think it all has to do with steeping when it comes to tobacco, GLASSMANOAK mentioned a month of steeping for the m-type.. which im sure would be so good after all that time.. but right away i cant stand it.. but GLASS i think your right... i think i should steep all my tobacco's to see how they taste after alot of steeping.. but man, im just not blessed with that much patience.

glassmanoak

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
Lafayette, La
yea tobaccos are tough, but i think it all has to do with steeping when it comes to tobacco, GLASSMANOAK mentioned a month of steeping for the m-type.. which im sure would be so good after all that time.. but right away i cant stand it.. but GLASS i think your right... i think i should steep all my tobacco's to see how they taste after alot of steeping.. but man, im just not blessed with that much patience.

It really wasn't patience. It tasted SO awful, it wound up in the back of a box. Fortunately, I keep good notes, so when I found it a month later, I tasted it and found it it was SUPER! A bit of serendipity there.
I've since made up 30ml and just put it 'out of sight' and therefore 'out of mind'

Yep, I think steeping is the secret to tobacco DIY

Last edited:

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
I think with tobaccos, you either love them, hate them, or need to use them in such small amounts that the elements that you may like in them shine more than those you dislike.

I have been blending the tobaccos I have in very small %'s. Mixing them with flavors I believe will cut off the rough quality that some of these baccos have.

Now, this is a bit of a presumptuous statement for someone like me, who has only really tried 2 tobaccos (DiY) thus far. But, I believe I have sampled enough pre-made juices to understand where I am coming from here, (justification, lol).

glassmanoak

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
Lafayette, La
I think with tobaccos, you either love them, hate them, or need to use them in such small amounts that the elements that you may like in them shine more than those you dislike.

I have been blending the tobaccos I have in very small %'s. Mixing them with flavors I believe will cut off the rough quality that some of these baccos have.

Now, this is a bit of a presumptuous statement for someone like me, who has only really tried 2 tobaccos (DiY) thus far. But, I believe I have sampled enough pre-made juices to understand where I am coming from here, (justification, lol).

You might very well be right, BUT I truly believe that if you are looking for a GOOD tobacco flavor or a Menthol Tobacco flavor, it's gonna take a LOT of time and a LOT of steeping to succeed!

Personally, I HATED tobacco cigarettes, but I like a lot of tobacco ejuice.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
You might very well be right, BUT I truly believe that if you are looking for a GOOD tobacco flavor or a Menthol Tobacco flavor, it's gonna take a LOT of time and a LOT of steeping to succeed!

Personally, I HATED tobacco cigarettes, but I like a lot of tobacco ejuice.

I agree with this. That is, there is an exception, and that's Alien Visions' Boba's Bounty and Gorilla Juice. These are both supposed tobacco flavors, and in my opinion, they require no additional time or steeping at all. Awesome at the mail box.

Now, there is the chance that there is no actual tobacco flavoring in those blends, and the mixture of ingredients as they are just mimic a tobacco-esque feeling, thus naming them as such. However, if Ben is using tobacco in his blends, he's doing so in such small amounts ( I believe ) that the other flavors prevent the need for steeping.

Then again, these are all just my speculations.

Scott_Simpson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
I have four favorite juices, all from AVE—Boba's Bounty, Flue-Cured, Gamel, and Gorilla Juice—and while they are all vapeable right from the mailbox, they definitely improve with age! BB right from the mail hardly holds a candle to month-old BB. And try as I may, I have never come up with a DIY concoction that even comes close to being as satisfying a long-term vape as any of these "fab four". I keep trying, and missing ... :laugh:

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
I have four favorite juices, all from AVE—Boba's Bounty, Flue-Cured, Gamel, and Gorilla Juice—and while they are all vapeable right from the mailbox, they definitely improve with age! BB right from the mail hardly holds a candle to month-old BB. And try as I may, I have never come up with a DIY concoction that even comes close to being as satisfying a long-term vape as any of these "fab four". I keep trying, and missing ... :laugh:

Guess my problem is, it never really lasts a month, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread