Reo Grand firing issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

vandechrome

Oct 2, 2011
malaysia
HI Guys, been browsing this forum months already without any posting :)

i have an issue here with my Reo Grand. it just happened recently..

when i test fire the Reo (measured by voltmeter) without atty it get 3.75v, however when i screw in the atty the voltage dropped to 2.8v which is almost 1v difference!

i have change all parts using repair kit from reosmods and the result still same. before this the difference is only about 0.2-0.3v. i have no idea what is the cause of this problem now :(

FYI, i'm pairing the Reo with ERA, but my test has been done using smoktech carto, ERA and phoenix, the result was similar for all atty.

Appreciate fellow ECF assistance on this. :)

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
HI Guys, been browsing this forum months already without any posting :)

i have an issue here with my Reo Grand. it just happened recently..

when i test fire the Reo (measured by voltmeter) without atty it get 3.75v, however when i screw in the atty the voltage dropped to 2.8v which is almost 1v difference!

i have change all parts using repair kit from reosmods and the result still same. before this the difference is only about 0.2-0.3v. i have no idea what is the cause of this problem now :(

FYI, i'm pairing the Reo with ERA, but my test has been done using smoktech carto, ERA and phoenix, the result was similar for all atty.

Appreciate fellow ECF assistance on this. :)

are all of these dual coil? Because that could put the strain on your battery...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

vandechrome

Oct 2, 2011
malaysia
Hi elmattias,

My ERA is single coil rated at 1.4ohm, the phoenix is single coil rated at 1.6ohm and the carto is dual coil, forgotten the resistance value.

All are working fine when tested at my smoktech telescope. The voltage difference is only about 0.2-0.5v.

Will search for isopropyl, maybe soaking the whole reo into iso will clean all contact points.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Sounds like your battery is undercharged and perhaps nearing the end of it's useful life.

Try a new AW IMR 18650 or a Panasonic CGR18650CH (nipple tops work best in the Grand)

A freshly charged battery will meter around 4.20 volts fresh off the charger and will drop 2 or 3 tenths under load, depending on the resistance of the atty/carto.

vandechrome

Oct 2, 2011
malaysia
Ok, here is the picture on how i tested the Reo.

Unload reading is 4.05v
uploadfromtaptalk1352213870055.jpg

The atty is at 1.2ohm (my multimeter's error is aroung 0.6)
uploadfromtaptalk1352213964071.jpg

Loaded reading is at 2.76
uploadfromtaptalk1352214029140.jpg

there was more than 1v difference!

vandechrome

Oct 2, 2011
malaysia
Although your getting help from some of the top reo experts, one more post and you'll be able to post in the Reo subforum.

Reos Mods

Didn't aware that i need to have at least 5 posts to post in Reosmods forum...;)

BTW these are the pictures of the same test on my telescope.

Unload reading is 4.13
uploadfromtaptalk1352215595768.jpg

Onload reading is at 3.7
uploadfromtaptalk1352215595768.jpg

It seems normal on my telescope..as what i do understand voltage drop range of 0.2-0.5 in mechanical mod is normal.

vandechrome

Oct 2, 2011
malaysia
A 1.2ohm atty is going to need to draw a lot of amps (3.4a) to get even close to your unloaded voltage. My first guess would be that your battery simply isn't up to the task.

Just tested on my telescope with the same battery used in Reo.

Unload reading : 4.02
Loaded reading : 3.54

I guess the battery is not the issue.

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
To trouble shoot this you are going to need a multi meter and a screw in 510 connection load meter. You can get both for under 30 bucks and they are the most useful vape gear I have. When I get to the computer I will give you some links.
Yes. Yes. Please post links when you can. I am really wanting a Reo, but I need to get prepared to properly use the device. I am convinced that going to a mod requires a little more knowledge & expertise than using my Kgo.
Thanks in advance, Dan.

colt45

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
frankfort indiana

vandechrome

Oct 2, 2011
malaysia
Give Robert a call. Contact Us

It is always good to go to the top. He won't mind a bit!

Emailed him already, and now wait for an advice from him.

there is a small rubber insulater in between the posative and negative points of the reo 510 connecter. the ERA 510 connecter post is about 1 mm too long and you can easily crush the insulator by tightening the ERA too far. this has happened to a number of people using the ERA and had to be sent in for repair.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/336721-era-rba-your-reo-warrenty.html

Broken insulator will result shortage IMO. mine is still firing, only at lower loaded voltage. I'll give a try by replacing the insulator later. Thanks for the link!

Sent from my GT-N7000

Dan Patrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Texas Forest Country
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread