Support Vapers Contest - Gogoplata Contest #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogoplata

Moved On
Sep 10, 2012
New Jersey
Hi All!

As promised from my last contest, Support New Vapers Contest, here is my November Contest!

What I wanted to give away this time was a China DID Rebuildable Atomizer Kit (aka CHID). In the kit will be the full CHID RBA, extra clear tank, stainless steel mesh, kanthal wire, wrench and gift tin.

The biggest thing in the vaping community right now is the rebuildable atomizers (RBA). Everywhere you turn there is someone talking about RBA's.

Some vapers have made the leap to trying and using RBA's. Some people are curious, but unsure about trying it. From personal experience, I love using RBA's. Don't get me wrong, I still love using my cartomizer in a tank as well. I think it is just another option and toy for all of us vaping addicts to use.

This contest is geared for those, who has never tried using an RBA or don't own one. They might be afraid to pay for an RBA and not use it. Well, this contest was geared for you. I am not saying that if you already own one that you can't participate, but be mindful that this is a PIF contest and it would be nice to go to someone who has never owned an RBA before.

If you are afraid to try it, don't worry. There is tons of support here in the ECF community to get you rolling your own wicks in no time.
So here are the rules of the contest:

1. Post a reason why you want to get the CHID or what interest's you about rebuildable atomizers. Tell me a story if you want about your experiences with it. Let's just keep the topic on RBA's

2. You may make three (3) entries a day.

3. Label your entries as "1., 2., 3."

4. Last entry will be accepted on Saturday, November 24, 2012 at 11:59 EST. Winner will be announced on Sunday, November 25, 2012. The winner will be selected by Random.org.

-----

Lastly, there may be a second place prize. I have yet to decide though.

I have attached photo's of the kit that you will win and a photo of how it will look assembled (I have my CHID on a Telescope mod).

did2.jpg did1.jpg

I hope everyone enjoys the contest.

Live Long and Vape On!

-gogoplata

BuzzBait

Moved On
Jul 22, 2012
Southern California
Entry #1

This would be for my step bro! I use phoenix's and rba's that are drip only!

He likes to rebuild his old clearomizers (CE4's?) or whatever you call those things,
He only has 4 and there all over 2 months old! :facepalm:
I'm begging him to make the switch to some rba's,
Even offered him two phoniex's but he won't do it, He keeps saying "If it doesn't havea tank I'll hate it" so this would be the perfect
gift to give t my bro, and if I happen to not win i'll most likely just buy him one as son as my check comes in!

Thanks for the contest:toast: (Fingers crossed for my bro!):vapor:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
11/09 Entry #1 . . .

I'm entering for all the reason you have already mentioned, especially the fact that I am actually very "scared" of trying one of these only to find out I wasted that kind of money on purchasing one only to learn that it wasn't for "Me" after all (like I have with so many other pieces of Vape equipment :() . . .

BTW: If I do find out it is not for "Me" it will be PIF to someone else for the same reason . . . :)

AND - THANKS - "gogo" for the Contest and the opportunity to enter . . . :D

BWhare

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
Indiana
I'd like to try a rebuildable primarily because I'm frugal. My reason for leaving cigarettes behind was cost. My choice in pv's reflects my cheapness. I DIY liquids because it costs pennies to make ounces.

An RBA fits right into my view of how vaping can be done for as little as possible. That being said, I'm not too keen on actually spending the money so it's only on my wish list for now. Your contest could make it all possible.
(and SWMBO couldn't possibly complain :D)

gogoplata

Moved On
Sep 10, 2012
New Jersey
11/09 Entry #2 . . .

Staying on topic "RBA" - after seeing your Video about how to fill a VVV tank - Given that "We" both have large hands and I have "fumble-fingers", can you tell "Me" how easy or hard it is to work and/or rebuild these ? ? ?

:chit chat:

BTW, everyone. You can chit chat, just don't go crazy :D

Honestly, for someone who has bigger and thicker fingers, I've had no issues at all. The biggest thing to get used to is the pieces. The CHID totally disassembled has 10 or 11 pieces, I think. The smallest piece are the screws. They are small, but they are manageable. Building wicks, I believe, is perfect for bigger handed people. When you roll a wick, there is more finger surface, it almost acts like a rolling pin.

Actually, to help everyone out as well. I'm going to do a How To Video. I'll have it up and ready before this contest ends. I'll show how to do it from start to finish.

Thanks for the inspiration, Uncle! Maybe, it will do some people good. :D

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
11/09 Entry #2 . . .

Staying on topic "RBA" - after seeing your Video about how to fill a VVV tank - Given that "We" both have large hands and I have "fumble-fingers", can you tell "Me" how easy or hard it is to work and/or rebuild these ? ? ?

#2: If you roll your wick and then the coil on a paperclip before you insert it into the atty it is much easier as you have more space to work. Then you only have to worry about the little wrench with the tiny negative screw and then tightening little positive screws. I leave the fill screw out to help with wicking and because getting the wrench out is a PIA every time I want to fill my tank.

If I win this, I PIF to Uncle.

ETA: to clarify, since this is the reply to Uncle, this post to Uncle. My other post is still to Spacekitty.

Last edited:

gogoplata

Moved On
Sep 10, 2012
New Jersey
#2: If you roll your wick and then the coil on a paperclip before you insert it into the atty it is much easier as you have more space to work. Then you only have to worry about the little wrench with the tiny negative screw and then tightening little positive screws. I leave the fill screw out to help with wicking and because getting the wrench out is a PIA every time I want to fill my tank.

If I win this, I PIF to Uncle.

ETA: to clarify, since this is the reply to Uncle, this post to Uncle. My other post is still to Spacekitty.

That's a good method too. Definitely, leave the fill screw off in my opinion. It just wicks a whole lot better.

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA

#1 Spacekitty, once you have these set up correctly (and that might take watching a few videos on youtube and a bit of patience) they are great!

So if I win, I PIF to Spacekitty!

That is so sweet of you to offer... :wub: and I actually have a Phoenix RBA that I got with a GC that I won, but haven't tried to rebuild it yet.

Even with my reading glasses on, the parts are so tiny that I would need one of those hands-free magnifiers!! LOL!! This one looks a little bigger and might be easier for me to see.. :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread