Nhaler Announces, The Kick by EVOLV!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberDj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Budapest
A Siam 18650+ Cube mod, takes the 18650 and the Kick Module, I topped it off with a DID tank and a Siam mod tip..... Vape Bliss!

DID.jpg

Do you have misfiring issues? My Kick starts to play with me at 3.8 volt left in the battery... I also use the Siam/

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
Do you have misfiring issues? My Kick starts to play with me at 3.8 volt left in the battery... I also use the Siam/
The Kick is designed to cut-off (for low battery level = safety and better for batts overall if not drained too far) at 3.2 volts under-load. Because it IS reading under-load, and every device has different conductive efficiency, there will be variances in the unloaded voltage (multimeter reading) remaining when the Kick cuts off. Remember, Kick is the first and only drop-in module. Every device has different metals, different connections, different contact points, etc. All this leads to variances in the conductive efficiency. Thus, the performance may change from one device to another as will the under-load cut-off level. These variances are out of Evolv's control and Evolv did its best to design the Kick to be as universal as possible; they cannot compensate for all the variations.

I have seen Kicks indicate cut-off at 3.5, 3.6 and yes - even 3.8 unloaded. Sometimes just unthreading and rethreading the battery cap can get more before it cuts off again but that is not a promise. While the Kick offers Regulated Power and Regulated Power offers the most consistent vape obtainable, the drop-in module (because of the many variances in different devices) will have its down side too (like all things). Boosting uses more amps and that uses batt life faster. Using LR also demands more amps and that also reduces batt life per cycle faster. Using the combination of boost and LR will drain batts even faster still. Overall, I generalize a rough estimate of approx 10% life per charge cycle reduction. And, of course, there is the cut-off that will vary from device to device. The batts themselves, and the condition of those batts, also contributes. There are just so many variables that a manufacturer of a universal product cannot compensate for so you get the benefits of the technology and may have to pay for those benefits in more frequent battery changes/charge-cycles.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
I have never had a waiting list but I do have them in stock!!!
The Kick
or here with accessories...
The Kick Start Kit

Ps the Bolt is NOT an approved device...In fact it has issues with internal wiring that have burned up...Some have modded them with bigger wire. If you read back a little you will be able to read the comments...Thanks
Drew

Last edited:

CyberDj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Budapest
The Kick is designed to cut-off (for low battery level = safety and better for batts overall if not drained too far) at 3.2 volts under-load. Because it IS reading under-load, and every device has different conductive efficiency, there will be variances in the unloaded voltage (multimeter reading) remaining when the Kick cuts off. Remember, Kick is the first and only drop-in module. Every device has different metals, different connections, different contact points, etc. All this leads to variances in the conductive efficiency. Thus, the performance may change from one device to another as will the under-load cut-off level. These variances are out of Evolv's control and Evolv did its best to design the Kick to be as universal as possible; they cannot compensate for all the variations.

I have seen Kicks indicate cut-off at 3.5, 3.6 and yes - even 3.8 unloaded. Sometimes just unthreading and rethreading the battery cap can get more before it cuts off again but that is not a promise. While the Kick offers Regulated Power and Regulated Power offers the most consistent vape obtainable, the drop-in module (because of the many variances in different devices) will have its down side too (like all things). Boosting uses more amps and that uses batt life faster. Using LR also demands more amps and that also reduces batt life per cycle faster. Using the combination of boost and LR will drain batts even faster still. Overall, I generalize a rough estimate of approx 10% life per charge cycle reduction. And, of course, there is the cut-off that will vary from device to device. The batts themselves, and the condition of those batts, also contributes. There are just so many variables that a manufacturer of a universal product cannot compensate for so you get the benefits of the technology and may have to pay for those benefits in more frequent battery changes/charge-cycles.

I understand this all and agree all part of the comment. But 10% is waaaaay too generous to say! My 18650 dies with the Kick in about 40 minutes to 1.5 hours in the Siam. In my GGTS they last for about 2 hours.
But with my ProVari with the same coil (LR or not) they go for about 5-6 hours!

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
I understand this all and agree all part of the comment. But 10% is waaaaay too generous to say! My 18650 dies with the Kick in about 40 minutes to 1.5 hours in the Siam. In my GGTS they last for about 2 hours.
But with my ProVari with the same coil (LR or not) they go for about 5-6 hours!
Cannot speak to your experiences - never seen any kick run thru a 1600 mah IMR/high-drain batt in such short periods. "Hours" are misleading - relative to all you quoted above (from my older post). So many variables, as indicated, and perhaps most significant is aggregate button time. All of those variables contribute but there is no way to compare aggregate activation/button time. Someone with an average of 5 minutes/hour aggregate button time will get half as many "hours" of use compared to a different person averaging 2.5 min/hour. As indicated, way too many variables. That said, I have never heard of any draining so fast as you are reporting. If you want more accurate feedback, I'd suggest you email Evolv thru their website contact-us page and give them full details of the devices, exactly which make and model batts you use, age of batts, approx total # of charge/re-charge cycles, model of charger, type of atty/carto (and resistances) - as ALL of these contribute (leaving batts on a non-smart charger for lengthy periods beyond green-light fully charged status can also significantly degrade batt performance). I might also include an estimate of the number of MLs you vape during each recharge cycle and how that number compares to the Mls vaped for cut-off in 2 hours vs 6 hours. Also, if the same kick and batts are used in the devices getting 2 hours use b4 cut-off vs the the devices you get 6 hours (or if 2 different kicks and/or diff batts). Remember, with so many variables, ALL the relative information is needed to even attempt to evaluate scenarios. So, if you want the best possible feedback from Evolv, you have to provide very accurate information - not rough guestimates. Hope this helps.

Another couple little tid-bits you may (or may not) find helpful. If juice accumulates in any adapter or under the atty/carto - in the connector, this can cause Kick to falsely read a short. While juice is not exactly conductive, Kick has sensitive interpretation of possible shorts (for obvious safety reasons). As kick has no screen (like Darwin) to show the short-circuit icon, it merely will not activate. When I encounter this, the first thing I do is remove atty/carto, and any adapters, and clean all. Most times, this brings it right back to full function. Another ongoing maintenance point is to clean all 4 contact points at least weekly. It does not take long. I use a basic pencil eraser and rub the top/posi end of the battery (where it touches the bottom of the kick), the bottom and top contacts of the kick and the device contact point where it touches the top of the kick. This takes me about 2 or 3 minutes total. These metals can get build-up and that can possibly interfere with conductive efficiency too. I say "can" because I am not sure that it DOES but I find my gear all works flawlessly when I do these simple maintenance steps. This is a drop-in and as universal as possible. Such a design, while it brings worthwhile performance benefits, will necessitate some minimal additional attention to anything which could even possibly interfere with conductive efficiency.

I love using kicks and run them daily in at least 2 devices. Of course, I run Darwins and DNAs daily too :p

andel11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Bay Area, Ca
I agree NebulaBrot
I haven't heard anyone say that there "Kick" wears down their batteries in 40mins to 1 1/2 hrs. The "Kick" has been out a while and this is the first time anyone mentioned such a huge drain in battery life.
I would think there is something wrong with your batteries rather then the "Kick".

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Agreed. Either faulty batteries or a conductivity issue somewhere. The only times I've had absurdly short run times have been when I've had dirty contact points either on the mod or the Kick (GGTS in particular can be extremely finicky with the Kick when it comes to clean contact points)

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
NHALER PRESENTS

The Stinger

This Stinger APV mod offers the advantage of longer battery life by utilizing a high-drain 26650 IMR battery! It can also transform into a variable wattage device with the addition of a Kick!
The Stinger Kit includes:

• The Stinger (black or chrome)
  • (1) MNKE 26650 IMR battery (3500 mAh)
  • (1) battery wall charger with collapsable plug
  • (1) 1.7ohm single-coil XL cartomizer
  • (1) matching drip tip (Please note that the 510 drip tip finish is not necessarily an exact match)
Instead of taking an 18650, the Stinger utilizes a high-drain 26650 IMR battery. This battery is so big and powerful it has its own area code. Despite the larger power plant, the Stinger retains a manageable circumference. With the advantage of longer battery life, the Stinger can last days before needing a recharge.
Perhaps the best advantage of the adapter ring is that it allows you to use the included adapter insert to run your Stinger without the Kick or, alternatively you can swap out the insert for a Kick and turn your Stinger into a variable wattage device.
The Kick is a revolutionary module made by Evolv. It allows you to dial your battery's output to your preferred level.
If you like vaping with a tank, you are going to LOVE the versatility, fit and finish of this APV Mod!

*An additional IMR 26650 battery and Kick can be added to this kit under the options below for less than the original price!

Stingers - silver and black(1).jpg

The Stinger

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread