Status
Not open for further replies.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
This is incredibly simple and TASTY! Used all TPA flavor. Gave it a quick steep with hot water and the occasional shake of the bottle.

10% Double RY4
5% Caramel Candy
5% Bavarian Cream

Smell: Smells like ... well ... a good RY4 (go figure). tobacco leaf covered with caramel. I keep sticking my nose close to my drip tip. :D

Taste: A medium tobacco with a well balanced caramel and a lovely cream undertone. A sweet tobacco ... but not overly sweet. Dare I say perfect? The hint of cream is tasted mostly on exhale and for me is most flavorful at the back of my tongue. Nice flavor of tobacco down my throat to boot.

The more I vape this stuff ... the better it's getting. But I better quit because I'm starting to get a nicotine high. :hubba:

Last edited:

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
I may need to try this one, always looking for a good ry4, Thanks for sharing

No problem. You can always lower the tobacco and up the other flavors if you want a more desert like tobacco but I find it pretty good just the way it is. Tobacco and Caramel always blend well together and this is no exception. Gives it a "dark" tobacco flavor and the hint of cream really rounds this out on exhale.

I may even make this blend with a bit more cream for those days where I want to REALLY get a mouth full of cream. But man, I am really digging the tobacco flavor down my throat and the sweetness overall. Definitely one of those flavors that keeps getting better as you vape. :thumbs:

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
How long have you let it steep? I am having trouble getting good strong flavors in my DYI mixes at 20% flavor.

Not exactly sure how long I let it steep but it was at least 30mins I'd say. Since this was initially a test, I only made 5ml and put it in a 10ml bottle. What I did was shake it, then fill a "cough syrup" cup full of hot water. Dropped the bottle into it and let it sit for 5 or so minutes until the water cooled down. Shook the bottle again, refilled the water and dropped it back in.

Repeated that about 6 times and it was good to go. Obviously if you make a larger batch you'll need a larger cup but the technique is the same. You might find that certain flavors require longer periods of quick steeping but I'm perfectly fine with what flavor I was getting 30mins after mixing.

Vappa

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Netherlands
How long have you let it steep? I am having trouble getting good strong flavors in my DYI mixes at 20% flavor.

Graybuck, could be that you overdone it with 20%. Depending on the flavor i mix, sometimes i notice that if i overshoot the 'sweet spot' the flavor actually mutes on me. Other flavors, when overshot, give that perfumy taste. Both are signals that i put too much flavor in my mix.

Dj Xy

I'm winning like Charlie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
baltimore, maryland
How do you guys think this recipe would taste with a tiny bit of added tobacco flavoring to make it slightly more tobacco heavy?

Quite good I added a couple drops of tobacco absolute (in pga) to my batch last night and it really kicked it up a notch.

45root

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
montgomery, AL
Quite good I added a couple drops of tobacco absolute (in pga) to my batch last night and it really kicked it up a notch.

I also think it needs just a slight hint of tobacco.

I tried it with ry4 type 1 and i didnt like it. It tasted similar to highbrow's ry4. I then tried it with ry4 asian type. I liked this better but the caramel was kind of overpowering. I may have added too much as I only have vaping zone's SC caramel candy. Anyway its still pretty decent. I added some almond amaretto and 3 drops of 555. Its hot steeping now. If that doesnt bring it out, I will add a few drops of tobacco absolute.

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
How do you guys think this recipe would taste with a tiny bit of added tobacco flavoring to make it slightly more tobacco heavy?

GUYS.... let this steep... let this steep 3 weeks. and if you can hold it after that... let it steep for the rest of the month.... im tellling you people... the double ry4 on its own its delicious.... i mix it at 20% also... sometimes i add tobacco to give it a more tobacco flavor... lol please listen to me... you wont be sorry,

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
This is incredibly simple and TASTY! Used all TPA flavor. Gave it a quick steep with hot water and the occasional shake of the bottle.

10% Double RY4
5% Caramel Candy
5% Bavarian Cream

I made this recipe today .. used the same 3 TFA flavorings that you used except I cut the % in half .. because I'm a "less is more" person. I just tried it and must say it is GREAT!!! I'm going to try it again, every day, and see how it changes over the next 30 days but after a hot bath and shaking it non-stop for 10 minutes it is really really NICE!!! Thank you so much for posting your recipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread