Best way to vape 0 nic but emulate the real smoking experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unhooked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2012
Michigan USA
OK, so I smoked usually 5-8 analogs (usually marlboro menthol 100s or marlboro light menthol 100s) a day for maybe 30 years, with periods of quitting completely for years at a time in there - usually a "closet smoker" though my wife knew about it and my kids caught me a few times. About 4 years ago I knew I was going to become the pastor of a small church and even though I don't have a moral problem with smoking, I know so many Christians judge smokers as bad or weak, so I knew I had to quit for good to do my job well so I did. At least 4 years without smoking for me. (Please don't turn this into a discussion of Christian smokers).

I still think about it regularly and really enjoyed smoking. I enjoyed the inhaling and watching the smoke, the flavor of the menthol, I just really like smoking even though I did it in moderation. My experience is that even one more analog and I'd be back on the road to being a smoker again and I don't want to do that. But with vaping and 0 nic there is a whole new opportunity for me to enjoy this without being addicted or having the stink and hiding that analog smoking would involve.

What I would like to try, without investing a ton of money, is to get an e-cig that looks very much like a regular cork tip cig, maybe even lights up some color when you drag on it, and the draw feels like really smoking. I know with the giant vaping devices available and popular here that an e-cig that looks like an analog is not what most people are looking for but I'm trying to be as close to analog in look and feel as possible, as that is all part of what I enjoyed. I've read enough to know that many of the e-cigs that look very close to analogs are JUNK, so I need some advice here.

A lot of vapor and a decent 0 nic throat hit is important to me, BUT it would need to have NO nicotine, seriously, I know it may not be bad for you when you vape it but I want to be in control, I don't want to be controlled by an urge to smoke due to the chemicals.

I have no clue if there is a pre-packaged e-cig that would do all that: similar in look and feel and vapor quantity and taste to smoking a marlboro menthol, but no nic, not too expensive, and preferably low maintenance.

Not positive if this is the right forum for this but I'm very interested in your no-nic and "similar to analog" experience and suggestions. Thanks. Feel free to point me to other threads where this is already discussed. :thumbs:

Last edited:

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
NOTE - just my humble opinion but I think there is a HUGE market for a product like this.
Most starter kits that you can build online give you the option of ordering o nicotine cartomizers. The stuff I picked up at the local stores all had kits that came with nicotine cartomizers. However the option was there to pick up a pack of zero nicotine cartomizers seperatly. Finding something that tastes just like a cigarette is hard to do. Nothing I have tried has tasted just like the real deal. Most of the posts I've read on here say the same thing. There are a few out there I hear come close. Maybe post in the general e liquid about it. Good on you for getting to a point of just wanting to be done with nicotine. Getting there my self. Best of luck!

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
the new eroll from healthcabin.com is a good cig-alike I guess. but really, depending on how much your want to use it, it may to annoy you (because it needs so much charging) or it may be perfect. If you go out with it and it has a low charge, and your PCC is uncharged, your not going to have a good time when that battery dies. This is a huge problem with the smaller e-cigs. But, for someone that only smoke 5-6 cigarettes a day, oh brother, it'd be perfect. As far as throat hit, like many have said, the higher the nicotine content, the stronger the throat hit. Most like 18mg juice for a nice throat hit, 18 to 24mg juice is a great hit. I personally use 11 to 12mg juice and the throat hit is muted. Its still there every other hit or every few hits, but not each and every hit. If I NEED throat hit, I throw my carto full of 12mg juice on a mechanical mod with no auto shut off and I take a looong drag (which will deliver more nicotine obviously) OR I take some of my flavorless 18mg juice out and add it to some of my 12mg juice in a atomizer. :) Both will work. But for the most part, I'm happy with 12mg juice for TH.

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
0 nicotine eliquid = 0 throat hit regardless of what your PV looks like. Anyone who says otherwise is blowing smoke/vaper up your back side. But since you only smoke 5 -6 cigs a day, I'm not sure why it matters. For 99% of us, if we had only smoked 5 - 6 a day, quitting completely would have been easy regardless of the method we used.

ancfm95

Aug 2, 2012
California
As far as e-liquids go I really enjoy Vaperite, which recently came out with a Throat Hit Booster. You can add that to any nicotine free juice--there may be a steep time--and you get your throat hit without any nicotine, I'm taking it for a trial run, so far so good. They carry a wide assortment of organic and natural extracts that are delicious. My personal favorites are Cuban Supreme, Rou's Natural Hazelnut, House Extracted Perique, and a Menthol Maker in Medium strength Menthol w/ 777. I do buy these in 12mg strength nicotine, but am also wanting to cut back on the nicotine.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
As far as e-liquids go I really enjoy Vaperite, which recently came out with a Throat Hit Booster. You can add that to any nicotine free juice--there may be a steep time--and you get your throat hit without any nicotine,............

This does NOT provide the throat hit that is generated by nicotine. It may provide a throat irritation due to pepper, etc being added, but not the throat hit provided by nicotine.

Unhooked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2012
Michigan USA
Any other thoughts on a really great starter kit that I can use with 0 nic or homemade juice? Looks like a cig, feels like one, draws like one, lots of vapor, automatic (no button), easy enough to refill, low maintenance, and preferably closer to $20 USD than $50.

One person recommended the Innokin AIO PCC kit but it is $50 or more. Review of the Innokin AIO PCC electronic cigarette by E-Cig-Reviews.com

Not sure if I can ask this, but anyone on this forum have a starter kit like this that you have moved on from who would lend this to me to see if I like it?

I'm hoping that since I have not smoked for four years that I will find enough of a throat hit even with zero nic.

Last edited:

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
I think BJ43 is a 0 nic guy and he says he uses heat to get throat hit in place of the nicotine. That said, you are going to want a top coil type carto and preferably a regulated battery.

I dont know about a regulated auto battery, dunno if they even exist, but auto is probably what you want. Ive heard oeople really like the volt kit as an auto battery.

As far as top coil goes check out gotvapes stallion, they have prefills, but those have nic in them. The blanks can be filled with what you want though, BUT YOU NEED A SYRINGE OR NEEDLE BOTTLE to fill them. The stallions are simply the easiest, most vapor producing cartos ive used with good heat and no filler taste. They also are efficient so will last longer on your battery, which is important for a small auto battery.

oh and you can also thin your liquid with pure grain alcohol and it will also increase throat hit, just a few drops is needed.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
oh and you can also thin your liquid with pure grain alcohol and it will also increase throat hit, just a few drops is needed.

Unfortunately, using pure grain to increase throat hit is an old wives tale that does not work. Many of us gave that a shot a few years back and we all agreed, it did nothing.

If there was some additive that magically provide the same throat hit as nicotine, it would not be a secret. Everyone would know about it, it would be selling like crazy and we would all be using it.

Last edited:

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
Smokeless Image Volts. The 78mm batteries are 320mah which means 3 hours of vape time. If you smoke as little as 5 cigarettes a day, get an automatic battery and some 0 nic prefilleds and then post in their forum here with a picture of you and their logo for a free battery, pack of cartos, or bottle of juice.

Unhooked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2012
Michigan USA
Smokeless Image Volts. The 78mm batteries are 320mah which means 3 hours of vape time. If you smoke as little as 5 cigarettes a day, get an automatic battery and some 0 nic prefilleds and then post in their forum here with a picture of you and their logo for a free battery, pack of cartos, or bottle of juice.

Will do I think. Thanks!

opal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
ok.. I'm still pretty new at this and was a menthol smoker for over 30 years.. Marlboro menthol in there on and off. I thought I was going to want heavy tobacco and menthol as my all day vape.. wow was I wrong.
I do however crave a *sinus* hit .. not so much a throat hit.. which some of the mints do.. in combo with menthols. ( I ordered a crap ton of juices ) Wintergreens, peppermints and spearmints give that nice sinus coolness that I crave.. even in the 0mg juices.. which I ordered a bunch of too - just knowing I was going to be an all day vaper and need some no nic juices.

xformulax

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2012
Colorado, USA
ok.. I'm still pretty new at this and was a menthol smoker for over 30 years.. Marlboro menthol in there on and off. I thought I was going to want heavy tobacco and menthol as my all day vape.. wow was I wrong.
I do however crave a *sinus* hit .. not so much a throat hit.. which some of the mints do.. in combo with menthols. ( I ordered a crap ton of juices ) Wintergreens, peppermints and spearmints give that nice sinus coolness that I crave.. even in the 0mg juices.. which I ordered a bunch of too - just knowing I was going to be an all day vaper and need some no nic juices.

for you and the OP, i'd recommend arctic wolf from vaporgod.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread