Status
Not open for further replies.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Been researching mods, what a mess that is! Your an idiot if you don't pony up the money and get a Provari! Then I have no idea what I'm missing if I don't get an RAB or Genesis system like a Zenisis, my life will be altered for ever!!!
Ok, whatever! I just want something durable, really durable, that I don't care if it gets scratched, keeps working when I drop it on the floor. Wont freak out in my pocket when I'm welding, the switch wont go off easily in my pocket, has VV and WORKS!! Why is this so hard?
Sorry, needed to vent! I'll save up the $200 if it's worth it, but as of yet no one has proven to me they are! I know I should post this elsewhere, but I'd get slammed every way but Tuesday for ragging on the fan boys favorites!
OK, I feel better now!

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
I don't blame you - the fanboyism can be really off-putting. However, setting that aside, there are a ton of reviews and feedback if you can ignore that white noise.

I think as a matter of course you should filter out the opinions of anyone who trash other people's choices. I'm very happy with what I use, but thinking that anyone who makes different choices is wrong? Sheesh....

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I hear you for sure! I love my LT clone for what it is, but for $40, I know what it is! It's a cheap POS, but it got me started and up and running for what I had in my pocket at the time.
I love my BB, but without being able to "Kick" it or something of that nature, it pales in comparison anymore! I still use it in the garage and doing work I know the LT wont put up with. I don't think you can kill that little sucker! IF you did, it's easy enough to fix! I've got some LR atty's ordered with a Vivi just for it in those instances.
I want to buy an Knight Rider from Iken, but keep hearing of the plastic top being a problem with rough use, and I'm rough!
The Vmax has me interested, but back to the LT clone, it's a cheap knock off of something else, will it hold up?
The Zenisis and others, yeah, like I'm going to carry something like that in my pocket and do what I do!
The Provari mini REALLY catches my eye, I like the size a lot! BUT $36 for the extension tube to run 18650's really puts it over the edge for me! And I think I'll want/need that.
Been trying to ignore the "white noise", but them boys are LOUD!!

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I've been using a Buzz Pro and have had no trouble with it. I have a regular Buzz I've been using for 3 yrs. almost, since they came out. It is a no frills Variable voltage PV but I couldn't make it without it. Also if you don't want to spend that much the knight Rider Iken sells is another good one I use. I need variable voltage so I tend to stay with them. The plastic is just a cover because under it is metal. It's just on there for looks. I glued mine on and it hasn't come off since. I drop my pv and accidently fling it accross the room a couple times a week.
I feel the same about the Genesis ect. I got into vaping because I wasn't going to pay an arm and a leg for smokes plus my health. Although all those toys are fun I found I use them a couple times and they sit. But each to their own. The pro-vari is a glorified Lava tube.

The Buzz Pro has been dropped off a motocycle at 60 and survived and had a few other crazy reports about it. It does take a licken and keep on ticken.
I wish you well in your search.

Last edited:

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I've seen the Buzz Pro variable, slick looking mod, I liked it until I saw the stacking batteries, I'm a flashaholic also, so I've seen batteries go bad long before it was even a consideration with PV's! Even primary's have this issue. Seen a Surefire G3 blown apart, the tail cap went through a wall and finally stop 120ft from where it started. This is the reason I've gone to RCR's for all of my flashlights, 18650's, 17670's, 14500's etc. I only stack alkaline batteries anymore.
Maybe I am paranoid, but it's a concern to me.

theguy01

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
Cali
My progression path (in about my first two weeks of vaping) was cigar shop ecig (tiny auto battery)->ego T->Provari. I have no regrets, and even had another Provari now (a mini). :D

These days, however, the existence of Ego Twists (eGo form factor plus variable voltage, for freaking $25 + charger) really, really makes it hard to recommend an expensive variable voltage/power device to someone just getting started with vaping, or who wants to try VV for the first time. Heck, I have several twists myself for times when I can't lug around my Provari. They're not built like tanks, like a Provari, but at that price, they're also not devastating to lose/break.

Also, yea, feel free to just disregard a lot of the extremely opinionated folks around here, especially the ones who just spout their opinions without explanation. ;)

Obligatory ontopic for the Ikenvape forum:
OMG. The 801 fusions are freaking amazing. :D Don't know why I waited so long to try them!

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Thanks theguy, but I'm by no means a newbie! I love the form factor of the EGO's, I have one, but I doubt they are durable enough for me! I'm VERY, VERY hard on things! Issac can attest to that! I also don't want a "disposable" unit, which is really what the Ego is. I want a nice rugged unit, that works, I can drop, beat up, have roll down the driveway, whatever, pick it up and it WORKS! Even as a cripple, I'm still an idiot! I need idiot proof!
I still play with my toys when I can!
moto_0116.jpg moto_0144.jpg IMG_0269.jpg moto_0074.jpg IMG_3402.jpg
I R a redneck!

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Now I've GOT to go shopping! Got my Vivi Nova today, it's smaller than I figured it would be, but it's not a bad thing! Anyway, I fill it up, let it soak a bit and put it on the BB to test. Works like a champ! A bit airy on the draw, but lots of vapor, even with 3.7v.
Cool! Can't wait to give this thing some power! I go to screw it on my clone, no love! I can't even get it started on the cheesy LT clone threads! There is no justice in this world!

Wharf Rat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Fresno, Ca
www.gratefulvaper.com
Saw if you want something indestructble..... this gets pretty close (this was posted in another thread)

So one my buddy's house burnt down and all that was left was I pro .. he said you said it wass warentted right .hahah not for that but let me chk it anyways.. melted dial stll works.. Cleaned out melted batt cases n ash.. put my battery n end cap on it .. .... vapes like champ. I'd like to see other units. Do that lol[/FONT][/COLOR]

I pro mod still my favorite..

IMG_20120701_110732.jpg
IMG_20120701_110814.jpg

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I've seen the Buzz Pro variable, slick looking mod, I liked it until I saw the stacking batteries, I'm a flashaholic also, so I've seen batteries go bad long before it was even a consideration with PV's! Even primary's have this issue. Seen a Surefire G3 blown apart, the tail cap went through a wall and finally stop 120ft from where it started. This is the reason I've gone to RCR's for all of my flashlights, 18650's, 17670's, 14500's etc. I only stack alkaline batteries anymore.
Maybe I am paranoid, but it's a concern to me.
They have so much built in protection and I use protected batteries to boot that blowing up is not even in the cards. I worry more about it not letting me use a certain carto/atty because of all that built in protection. One guy dropped his while working way up there. Anyway it hit so hard the batteries were ruined but the BP worked fine with a new set of batteries.
Ever since that idiot built a bomb, then blew it up in his face, everyone is worried about stacked batteries. This one was built for stacked batteries and was built right. No worries there.
The one Wharf posted is another great one. Oh and isn't that a Vivi Nova he has on there?:toast:

Besides they perform so nice with Ikenvape cartos, especially when your using 100% pg that don't put out vapor like VG does.

DSC02159.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread