Did the provari change you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

latexyankee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
What's up, still waiting for shipping confirmation (stupid processing for 5 days now) so looking to make small talk. While I'm rather skeptical of any device this one has me pumped up. This will be my first experience with VV. Hell I've never even played around that much with LR on my 3.7 devices. I've been vaping longer than some of you, but I tend to stick with what works. 2 years in and I ''thought I had found my sweet spot, been using the same device for a year, same carts, and 3 main juices. I just wanted to save money and stop trying new things.

So 3 of my batteries went to crap in the same week and while I was viewing my shopping cart for $80 or so I decided to check ECF and see what's new since I'd been gone quite awhile. I was thinking instead of ordering 3 new batts maybe it's time to try a new device and my search led me right back where it always does...this board. So I finally pulled the trigger when I put everything into perspective regarding how much I'd spent on all my other devices and replacements, should of ordered the provari as my second unit when I knew vaping was for me.

Anyway back to the topic, this will be my first VV device. So did it change the way you vaped? Did it make everything ''better''? Did it make your favorite juice taste better or more satisfying? One thing I am looking forward to is hopefully less hassle. But I would like to hear more stories, while I play the waiting game...*checks provape website*:mad:

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
latexyankee:7764731 said:
Yea, that will be next adventure. I'm going to look into RBA's or just making my own coils and wicks for vivi's and such. After that I'm done, DIY juice is not my bag, don't think I have the patience.

It can take longer to rebuild a vivi coil than mixing your own juice believe it or not.

You can always just buy premixed pg/vg nicotine which only requires adding flavor. Once mixed you can quick steep it using hot water. Bam! Your own juice at a fraction of the cost in under 35 minutes.

hcour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
SC
This thing is a babe magnet! Since I bought my Provari I've gotten more t... Ok, not really.

I vape more. Too much. I'm getting dehydrated. Need to cut back. Juices definitely taste better, but all I've used before this is an SI Volt X2 auto, so can't compare it to other VV's. I do love dialing it up or down for different flavors. Some all the way down to 3.2, some up to 4.8 (high as I've gone so far). It's great when you find that oh-so-sweet-spot!

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Honestly! It not changed a thing for me. It's a battery! It delivers voltage to a delivery device! Same thing that my twist, spinner, itaste, and all the others have done. NOW was it worth it? Hell yes. It's wonderful. I never thought I would pay that kind of money for one but once I got I I knew right away I did right. It's built like my baton and feels so good. If it could breath on it's own and be warm and snuggle at night I would be in love with it. Sorry. Like everyone told me. "You won't know till you hold one". They told me the same thing when I was in school. Excuse me I need to go change my underwear.:facepalm:

latexyankee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
It's pretty impressive, this is monumental day in vaping career. this is first time I've tried any type of tank system as well. Got some vivi's in the other day but wanted to wait for a proper device to use them on. I tend to vape mostly vg (lot's of ave juice) and I think the flavor is muted a little in the nova's. I have a DCT coming from IB tanked next week with a bunch of 3.0 SC boge's. I hear that's the way to go, but the vivi's are just more convenient. Any thoughts?...Gotta go throw all my playskool device's in a drawer, be back in a sec....

Bob57

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2012
Indiana
The Nova's have been working ok for me, I've found they need cleaned after a couple days or the juice gets all thick and funky, I use a dark sweet juice though so YMMV ?
I rotate 3 attys, I wash the whole thing out, dry, then use one of the attys that has been drying for a couple days and put it back together.
I do wanna try a RBA .

latexyankee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
The Nova's have been working ok for me, I've found they need cleaned after a couple days or the juice gets all thick and funky, I use a dark sweet juice though so YMMV ?
I rotate 3 attys, I wash the whole thing out, dry, then use one of the attys that has been drying for a couple days and put it back together.
I do wanna try a RBA .

I've noticed that all the lower res nova heads are way off 1.8 reads 2.8, 2.4 reads 3.0 etc. The only ones that seem to be correct or close are the 2.8's. I'm going to look into rba's as well, but I must admit they seem intimidating. I've no experience at all so I've heard rebuilding nova's was simple, maybe I'll start with that to see if I have the dexterity.

latexyankee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
battery charging for Provari right now,fresh one in with some copper creek coffee in the aga-t from a co-op.

Congrats, I'm pretty happy and haven't even tried a carto tank yet. I put one battery on the charger when unpacking this morning and it's still not charged, about 2 hours in. It's an 18650, how long do they take? note I'm using a charger from litecig but it said it was compatible in the description.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Not a fan of the nova tanks. Pretty much an exclusively cartomizer tank vapor.

Mini cooper s, I'm a big fan of the Copper Creek Coffee. I put some Sweet Cream e-liquid from My Freedom Smokes in mine. MMmmm.

I was using a Silver Bullet and BB mods before the Provari. I dabbled with a couple of 4.8v nimh batteries (not stacked) in the Bullet to get a taste of higher voltage and liked it enough to consider a full time VV device. Since getting the Provari, the other two mods have been delegated to backup status in my vaping bag, feeling quite lonely in the darkness.

latexyankee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Not a fan of the nova tanks. Pretty much an exclusively cartomizer tank vapor.

Mini cooper s, I'm a big fan of the Copper Creek Coffee. I put some Sweet Cream e-liquid from My Freedom Smokes in mine. MMmmm.

I was using a Silver Bullet and BB mods before the Provari. I dabbled with a couple of 4.8v nimh batteries (not stacked) in the Bullet to get a taste of higher voltage and liked it enough to consider a full time VV device. Since getting the Provari, the other two mods have been delegated to backup status in my vaping bag, feeling quite lonely in the darkness.

I saw your rant about nova's in another thread. I don't mind them so far, aside from some flavor issues. They are convenient and look rather good atop a provari. Other than that, only time will tell, I've only been using them for about 3 hours now so not enough time to give a worthwhile opinion.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I saw your rant about nova's in another thread. I don't mind them so far, aside from some flavor issues. They are convenient and look rather good atop a provari. Other than that, only time will tell, I've only been using them for about 3 hours now so not enough time to give a worthwhile opinion.

I thought that I would like them initially. They certainly were easy enough to fill and made a lot of vapor. Taste seemed fine at first, but with different flavors I noticed I couldn't tell what I was vaping, I might as well been vaping unflavored juice. Wasn't with all the flavors, but most of them. Just too inconsistant for my money. YMMV. Since flavor takes priority for me over throat hit or vapor production, I went right back to my cartomizer tanks.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
BIG TIME! If you ever savored the vapor, taste and throat hit you get from a freshly charged battery then your going to love a Provari because it gives you that same hit every time right up until the battery dies.

Being able to check the battery, ohms and adjust the voltage is all just bonus compared to that IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread