With Cera coming are AVA atomizers EOLed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
SneakerHorder.... The AVAs are no longer being made.... What are you going to do

They will still rebuild them for people, from what I hear on another forum, the coil is going to be vertical and will hold twice as much as an ava, also the heater/coil is warrantied for a year. I cant wait to see how this works.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
Aesthetically the Cera is clearly not for everyone. AVAs gave access to Thermovape's technology to every vaper. Cera chains the tech to a single approach. :(
I get what your saying and agree for the most part but it is quite versatile in the sense that it has 3 different cores for different materials, e-liquid, loose leaf, and essential oils. I want one of these but will wait for a sale.

gorman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
Milan, Italy
I get what your saying and agree for the most part but it is quite versatile in the sense that it has 3 different cores for different materials, e-liquid, loose leaf, and essential oils. I want one of these but will wait for a sale.
Well, see... on this forum I doubt that lots of people could care for loose leaves or essential oils. That's versatility wasted on us.
What I see is abandoning a clear industry standard (510 threading) in exchange for a proprietary one. That usually is not a good thing, to be honest.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
Well, see... on this forum I doubt that lots of people could care for loose leaves or essential oils. That's versatility wasted on us.What I see is abandoning a clear industry standard (510 threading) in exchange for a proprietary one. That usually is not a good thing, to be honest.

You're being facetious, right? :laugh:

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
IncludedTech SpecsProduct Descrpition

Cera - Liquid Vaporizer (Titanium)

$499.99

• FDA Approved Structurally Stabilized Ceramic Ceramic

• All Ceramic Vapor Path, twenty times stronger than glass

• US sourced Titanium and Stainless Steel materials.**** For the price I want 100% Titanium parts***
• UL Listed IP65 switch. (tamper proof, water resistant)

• Efficient proprietary Iron alloy wire coiled around a Stabilized Ceramic core

• Screen free, clog free, high flow, stir free, deflective air pathway mouthpiece

• Completely insulated Stabilized Ceramic core

• Four times the battery life from previous models

Last edited:

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
sorry, English is not my native language. What do you mean?

He means that he thinks you are joking that people at ECF wouldn't be interested in vaporizing some certain leaves. But actually, it is on two levels, because I think by asking if you are being facetious he is making a joke himself. If English isn't your native language the nuance could be hard to catch.

Basically, he is saying "you must be making a joke" but he knows you weren't.

vaptamist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
FL
What I see is abandoning a clear industry standard (510 threading) in exchange for a proprietary one. That usually is not a good thing, to be honest.

There are plenty of 510 PV's out there. In fact there are more than enough. 510 isn't even all that great, especially considering that people are having to design their expensive rebuildable atomizers to a garbage connector because it's the industry standard. Honestly, you can't have innovation if you stick to the status quo for fear of "rocking the boat". I don't get excited about 510 devices anymore, but I am excited about the Cera, because it's something different. Does that mean its good? We don't know yet - only time will tell. But its a heck of a lot more exciting than stainless steel 510 PV #1,387, or Variable voltage 510 PV #762.

vaptamist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
FL
IncludedTech SpecsProduct Descrpition

Cera - Liquid Vaporizer (Titanium)

$499.99

• FDA Approved Structurally Stabilized Ceramic Ceramic

• All Ceramic Vapor Path, twenty times stronger than glass

• US sourced Titanium and Stainless Steel materials.**** For the price I want 100% Titanium parts***
• UL Listed IP65 switch. (tamper proof, water resistant)

• Efficient proprietary Iron alloy wire coiled around a Stabilized Ceramic core

• Screen free, clog free, high flow, stir free, deflective air pathway mouthpiece

• Completely insulated Stabilized Ceramic core

• Four times the battery life from previous models

I agree - I think the Titanium is overpriced for what it is. That's disappointing, because I *love* titanium. It doesn't seem like there's enough Titanium in the PV to justify being twice the price of the Stainless Steel version.

gorman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
Milan, Italy
There are plenty of 510 PV's out there. In fact there are more than enough. 510 isn't even all that great, especially considering that people are having to design their expensive rebuildable atomizers to a garbage connector because it's the industry standard. Honestly, you can't have innovation if you stick to the status quo for fear of "rocking the boat". I don't get excited about 510 devices anymore, but I am excited about the Cera, because it's something different. Does that mean its good? We don't know yet - only time will tell. But its a heck of a lot more exciting than stainless steel 510 PV #1,387, or Variable voltage 510 PV #762.
Actually, I was talking about AVA atomizers. Those can (could) be used on any model you wanted, be it big battery, bottom feeder, whatever. That flexibility is gone. And what we've got is something closely resembling a white pleasure-giving toy. Color me unexcited, what can I say?

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
I might just send apex an email about getting my AVAs re-built. Hopefully they will, otherwise I'm going to have to pony up for an Ody for my GG.

*sniff

I saw them mention that they will continue to service old products including heating cores on the ava's, it was on another forum.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
I agree - I think the Titanium is overpriced for what it is. That's disappointing, because I *love* titanium. It doesn't seem like there's enough Titanium in the PV to justify being twice the price of the Stainless Steel version.
Your right about that but at least there is the SS one that is within reach. I am gonna just wait until they have a sale and pick one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread