We The People Petition Website....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlew

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2012
WV, USA
jspcrepair.angelfire.com
I thought that this forum would be the Perfect Place to put this topic...

I did not realize that this website existed until after I read about all the petitions
from states wanting to secede after the last election.
Now I am not for seceding but what I am for is creating and or signing any petition
that helps in our fight for our human/civil right to keep a product that works --
e.g., The E-Cigarette and PV.

I am giving the link to the sight BUT -- Before ANYONE gets any wild ideas to create a petition -
it needs to be Well thought out, well written, concise and to the point, and must contain facts
and have backing by reputable sources.

If it does not contain these things - it will not be heard and/or signed by the people and will be scoffed
at by the anti's and the government(s).

Also... If too many petitions are created, or are created with little or no thought or backing, again, they
will be dismissed by the very people whom we need to hear us.

Create and/or View Petitions Here

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/

I was going to create a petition but then I had to think about it for a little while and decided that what we really
need is one that will get attention without getting Adverse attention, one that will get the point across, and one
that will "Make" people "Want" to sign it.

I could do that with ease but I thought this was something that ECF could do as a Team because we are all in
this together and need it to work for the betterment of all concerned.

:)

Last edited:

trailblazer6

A.K.A. Igor the Vapaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2010
Lakewood , NJ
www.bikerornot.com
Welcome jlew. And Thank you for the link. Putting a vaper related patition was already done. Last year I think.And the official response was Washington was referring the matter back to the FDA (what a joke ) So if you want to protect you right to vape you are better off joining a group like CASAA or the National Vapors Club and stay informed.

jlew

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2012
WV, USA
jspcrepair.angelfire.com
Thank you for the welcome and thank you for that information.

I joined CASAA about a month ago and I will most definitely stay active to help keep our rights
(in anything)...
I thought that an e-cig petition might have been started at some point but in browsing through
the petitions on the gov site, I couldn't find one for e-cigs...

Never hurts to keep filing them... changes in wording and changes in people's attitudes might get
a good response in the future... never know.

I was speaking with a friend this evening and I just can't get it...
Speaking of all the FDA Approved things out there and e-cigs, it seems very odd that the FDA
can sure be quick to approve medications like Thorazine, Seroquill, Zoloft, and the like... most of
which have shown to actually act adversly on patients they were approved for, causing more
severe symptoms of schizophrenia and even causing homicidal tendencies in people that the drug
was supposed to stop from happening...
Yet, they won't approve the PV or E-Cig.

W T F is wrong with these FDA people?
And why do the people of the USA keep putting up with this kind of B S that only harms us further
by the very hands that are meant to help protect us?

I Love the USA, but I FEAR my Government!

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
It was done a few years ago. At the time it only required 5,000 signatures and we had a hard time getting that many. They have now changed the number to 25,000 signatures. I very much doubt we could get the required number. The number of activist involved in THR, while growing, is still very small.

Government is not the problem, its money. There are huge sums flowing into anti-THR ANTZ gangs. If the money dried up opposition to THR would disappear and we might actually get a rational tobacco policy. As it stands there is just to many people making a very good living off of the death and ill health of smokers. If THR becomes mainstream that would be the end of their gravy train. You are not going to stop the gravy train, but you can educate the public about THR. That's the only thing that will work as it is not going to happen from the top down, it's going to happen from the bottom up. The grass roots.

Last edited:

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
It was done a few years ago. At the time it only required 5,000 signatures and we had a hard time getting that many. They have now changed the number to 25,000 signatures. I very much doubt we could get the required number. The number of activist involved in THR, while growing, is still very small.

Government is not the problem, its money. There are huge sums flowing into anti-THR ANTZ gangs. If the money dried up opposition to THR would disappear and we might actually get a rational tobacco policy. As it stands there is just to many people making a very good living off of the death and ill health of smokers. If THR becomes mainstream that would be the end of their gravy train. You are not going to stop the gravy train, but you can educate the public about THR. That's the only thing that will work as it is not going to happen from the top down, it's going to happen from the bottom up. The grass roots.

You would be surprised.I was at the first Vapefest in Fredericksburg Va 3 years ago and only 30 people including vendors showed up. Vapercon in Richmond Va had 1600 people come through that weekend.

If thats only a 10th of the total people we have vaping youre looking at 160k people easily.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
You would be surprised.I was at the first Vapefest in Fredericksburg Va 3 years ago and only 30 people including vendors showed up. Vapercon in Richmond Va had 1600 people come through that weekend.

If thats only a 10th of the total people we have vaping youre looking at 160k people easily.

There is a big difference between being a vaper and being an activist. Just look at how few people read the legislative news and the media and general news threads compared to the rest. It's the same few people that are involved. If you read articles in the media with obvious lies about THR products it's the same few people commenting that are challenging the ANTZ. Posting comments on ECF or attending a Vapefest does little to nothing to educate the public. What is needed is boots on the ground who step outside of the THR community and challenge the ANTZ.

So how much time have you spent outside of ECF being an activist.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
Excuse me, but does having FDA approval make something safe? If you believe that, I have some really nice ocean front property in Arizona I'd love to sell you.

Welcome jlew. And Thank you for the link. Putting a vaper related patition was already done. Last year I think.And the official response was Washington was referring the matter back to the FDA (what a joke ) So if you want to protect you right to vape you are better off joining a group like CASAA or the National Vapors Club and stay informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread