...........please...........

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
I know right? Same here. An american provari made nivel-like chip, i would definitely buy that, especially if they offered a chip upgrade like they did in the past, if not i would still buy one or two. Why do people hate this idea so much?

• sent from a dumb iphone so please excuse errors/mishaps

revolver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Buenos Aires
With VW option you could change atties without having to re-adjust if they are different in ohm reading... It would be easier because you can have a certain figure as your sweet spot reference and dial it in automatically, or just keep it there, without the need for further adjustments...

And while it may not be 100% necessary, it would surely simplify things, at least for many...

Just saying.

alexhaj

Jul 3, 2011
Canada
Variable wattage has to do with consistency of the output. Regardless of the ohm, it will give you the desired heat across the board, irrelevant of what you put on top..that is the true benefit.

Actually the TRUE benefit comes from getting a consistent experience as your atty heats up and resistance changes. I love to just vape and vape and vape but then my rig heats up and it starts to taste like crap, I have to wait until it cools down before I get the vape I'm used to. It's a pain to fiddle with voltage to accommodate for this. Variable wattage is the way of the future. I was holding out on a Z-Max thinking ProVape would be along any day now releasing the ProWatti... unfortunately I will have to settle for lower build quality and a menu system that gets activated after only 3 presses, since I can't find the Darwin anywhere! Unless anyone has info on a Z-Max V3 or if ProVape considers licensing the tech or designing their own any time soon it will be too late for this consumer.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Have to chime in on something, VW is not a set and forget. While the wattage may be consistent, there is a difference between using say a 1.5 ohm dc and a 2.0 ohm sc carto. The same wattage the juice shines in the dc, scorches the juice in the sc carto. VV and VW both require adjustments depending on what exactly you're using....

AteOhAter

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
California, SF Bay Area
I think what we really need is a constant temperature device with a control to set the desired temperature. Put a heat sensor in the atty/carto as close as possible to the heating element. It's output would be an AC signal, the frequency of which would be dependent on the temperature. This is so it could pass it's signal back to the battery using the existing contacts. The battery would pick this up and adjust it's output voltage to keep the temperature constant.
Only requires a heat sensor small enough in size to fit, small enough in mass so it can respond quickly, and durable enough to work in a really harsh environment.
Yes, I'm kidding. Although I think it might be a technically sound concept.
:p
Everyone (in the US) have a nice Thanksgiving tomorrow.

Lakus

Verified Member
Feb 4, 2012
Oslo, Norway
I really, really want a Provari, but ever since I got my Zmax with VW I can't really justify spending another $180 for something that has less features than the mod I already have. And yes, I do know it's the Provari I'm talking about. I know it's like the Vaping Jesus. I'm just saying, VW on a Provari would be like Jesus riding a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Have to chime in on something, VW is not a set and forget. While the wattage may be consistent, there is a difference between using say a 1.5 ohm dc and a 2.0 ohm sc carto. The same wattage the juice shines in the dc, scorches the juice in the sc carto. VV and VW both require adjustments depending on what exactly you're using....

This is exactly true Mor. I find this from atty to atty. Even with my Darwin I would constantly adjust for different attys or cartos..
Maybe that's just me, but I have found this oi be true in my experiences. In theory it works, but in the real world applications I find that different attys require different watts to achieve the same spot I like to vape at..

TalkingCactus

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2012
Paradise Valley, AZ.
I'd think ProVape would be coming out with an adjustable wattage rig, or upgrade to the ProVari sooner than everyone here seems to think.

Yesterday I spotted a new item at JoyeTech.com called eVic, and it looks like their copy of a ProVari. Only, it has variable wattage. JoyeTech USA, Ovale, has this video up on YouTube on the eVic: a Versatile intelligent battery for electronic cigarette : OVALE eVic Promotion - YouTube

What says you, ProVari copy or what? Limitations like 2.9v to 5.0v max and having so many functions (more chance for problems)...

Even w/variable wattage on the eVic, I'm still asking for my first, ProVari for Christmas. :)

Last edited:

TalkingCactus

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2012
Paradise Valley, AZ.
I think what we really need is a constant temperature device with a control to set the desired temperature...

Ditto :)

You can keep all yer fancy pantcy rigs with all yer fancy features. Give me a constant temp PV, that's all I require... ;-) hahaha!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread