EGO C Twist blinking 3 times

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitetortuga

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2011
United States
Hey everyone, just had a quick question. My ego C Twist blinks 3 times every time I press the button. It is charged, and I even charged it over night to be sure. I'm not sure what the issue is, it wasn't dropped or anything. Just started doing this. I tried to turn it off the one time and it blinked I don't know how many times, more than 10 though. Anyone have any advice on this? I'm confused what is going on. I have tried 4 or 5 different cartos/tanks with no luck!

Thanks guys!

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Did you clean it inside the connector (maybe it's shorted with gunk?)

I only mentioned the pry thing since some have indicated that certain tanks/cartos may push the center pin down too far and it shorts INSIDE.....

So if you don't have an tank/atty/carto on it.... and push the button...what happens?

EDIT: BTW... a short is basically zero ohms...

Last edited:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Ok so here is how it goes:
I screw the cartomizer on: 3 blinks
I press the button with the cartomizer on: 3 blinks
I take off the carto: Nothing happens
I press the button with no carto on: Nothing happens
I push the center pit side to try to move it up a bit: 3 blinks

Thanks for your help!

I'm uncertain of what you mean by the last point...

So are you saying that you push on the center pin and push the button and get 3 blinks? (And that you're not shorting it with a metal object)?

It shouldn't blink when you just screw a carto on without the button pushed!

Is the button stuck too?

P.S. How old is it? Time for a new one?
I only have a regular eGo...not a twist. So maybe they are different or something...I'll wait for someone else to chime in here........

Last edited:

whitetortuga

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2011
United States
I'm uncertain of what you mean by the last point...

So are you saying that you push on the center pin and push the button and get 3 blinks? (And that you're not shorting it with a metal object)?

It shouldn't blink when you just screw a carto on without the button pushed!

Is the button stuck too?

P.S. How old is it? Time for a new one?
I only have a regular eGo...not a twist. So maybe they are different or something...I'll wait for someone else to chime in here........

Sorry, when I use a paper clip to try and push up the center pin, it blinks. Not pushing the button or anything. It isn't that old, I got it at the end of August or so. Also, no, the button seems just fine! No 5 click on/off either. It doesn't matter.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
The 5-click thing would require 5 clicks, of course, so IDK why 3 clicks made it go super-blink unless it's discharged.

The no-blinking when not shorted on empty connector means it's not internally shorted when stuff isn't screwed on. Have you tried backing off the atty/carto a little at a time? Trying to see if you get sizzle without 3 blinks?

whitetortuga

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2011
United States
3 Clicks - YouTube

Here is a video that might be of some help. If you listen, you can hear the buttons working. Also, this cartomizer was just an example (at 3.0 ohms or something).

I have already had a passthrough that broke about a month ago, and the vendor was no help at all. All they said is that they die around 300 charges. No way did I charge it 300 times (1000 may) in 2 months. Not even close. This is the second one from that same vendor.

dolphins35

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Spanaway, Wa
Mine did the same exact thing. I had mine for about 6 weeks. I took it to my vender and he said it was a bad connector or shorted wire inside. He said he could fix it but the it would cost more than a new one. I had just missed my 30 day warranty by 2 weeks.
My vendor honored the warranty anyway. Thanks Matt!

Long story but I asked him to take it apart and show me and it was a wire that melted and shorted out. Black inside.
Be Careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread