Provape-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
There is also the Provape forum down in the supplier's section. I go there a couple times a week, but it is less busy than this one. No mention of the Provape-1 there that I can recall. In fact, I think I am the only one in months to start a thread on one there. When I first saw the Kicklet for sale on Super T Manufacturing's site I inquired there if anyone had a clue whether it would work on the Provape-1 to allow it to have variable wattage. It's been weeks since I made the post and no answers yet, not even from Provape reps.

I've since made the assumption that the 14500 battery is not strong enough to handle a Kick.

Reactions: BreSha6869

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I've since made the assumption that the 14500 battery is not strong enough to handle a Kick.[/QUOTE]

HEY! What are you trying to say about the L-Rider Robust?

I was torn between the Pro-1 and the Apex Alpha Ultra when looking for the perfect 14500 device. The Ultra won because of construction and looks. (I tolerate the switch). But I still visit the Pro-1 every time I stop by the house. Really fine tool.

I

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Baditude said:
I've since made the assumption that the 14500 battery is not strong enough to handle a Kick.

HEY! What are you trying to say about the L-Rider Robust?

I was torn between the Pro-1 and the Apex Alpha Ultra when looking for the perfect 14500 device. The Ultra won because of construction and looks. (I tolerate the switch). But I still visit the Pro-1 every time I stop by the house. Really fine tool.
I was talking about the Kicklet, which was designed to be used with the Kick from Evolv. I'm aware of the Robust and that it uses a 14500 battery like the Provape-1, but it has a processor specifically designed for that battery. I have since learned that the Kick is only for certain size batteries.

I almost clicked the button to buy an L-Rider Robust, until I read user comments here on the forums and saw PBusardo's video review. Instead, I got a V V Gripper for the same price and it uses an 18650 battery that will last all day instead of 4-5 hours like the Robust's.

Last edited:

justinred

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2012
PH
The Provape-1 circuit protection may or may not interfere with the Kick to work properly but even if you find a 14500 device to work with a Kick, you will get very poor battery life. I am getting just 2-3 hours out of a Kicked 18490 1100maH comparing it with 8 hours I get on the 18490 Provari. The Kick just starts it's "stutter vape" warning when battery voltage hits 3.4-3.5 and the 14500 AW is only 750maH so battery life will be getting probably just a little over 2 hours which is crap.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Well, if I did get the Provape-1, I hadn't planned on spending on extra stuff!!! It looks like not too many people own one. I just thought it may be good for going out and about. I msy check into the vv Gripper instead.

I have yet to get my Gripper, having just ordered it this past weekend. Be aware that its body is just "impact resistant" plastic, and has a cheesy hinged battery door. But the inner electrical components appear to be decent. Watch PBusardo's video review before you buy. Not a bad deal for $50.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Well, if I did get the Provape-1, I hadn't planned on spending on extra stuff!!! It looks like not too many people own one. I just thought it may be good for going out and about. I msy check into the vv Gripper instead.

The Provape-1 would be a nice going out and about mod. I have an Altsmoke BB which also uses a 14500 battery. It's a solid mechanical mod, too, but doesn't have the electrical safety protection nor lifetime warranty like the Provape-1 has.

My primary vaping device is the extended Provari using an 18650. I love it to death, but for quick trips to the grocery or convenience store I wanted something smaller, and had been grabbing the BB for this use lately instead of the Provari. All the while, I would keep thinking to myself it would be great if someone made a V V mod of this size. I didn't like the eGo VV 14500 mod because the eGos are just so darn long. And like I said, I almost pulled the plug on the Robust until I read some negative reviews about it.

I had always liked the form factor of the Gripper, and read a thread here dedicated to the VV Gripper and watched the PBusardo video, and decided the price was right. I may still reward myself on my 1 year vape anniversary with a Provari mini, but I couldn't justify another $200 on a second Provari + batteries at the present time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread