Status
Not open for further replies.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
LR were designed to go on the eGo with its limited volts, so you are right where you should be to get the best vape for the equipment. If you use a higher resistance, the thing won't have enough volts to even get you to the wattage needed for a decent hit. I can't remember if those are 3.2 or 3.7, but in any case with a 1.8 you are in the 5 - 7 watt range which will produce vapor. A SR on one won't be enough to produce strong vapor.

So don't worry about the battery, worry about the vape!

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
1.8 ohms single coil on a 650 mAh battery is asking a bit much. Even if using an IMR battery you will not get a very useful charge life with this battery capacity. A protected ICR battery for this application is a no-go.

I'd say OK, if you are not a smoker looking for an alternative to smoking. If you are a non-smoking e-cig dabbler, it should work for you.

voltie

Nov 6, 2012
UK
if we are talking in safety terms only, what mAH is the lowest you can go with a 1.8ohm clearo/carto? I've got a couple of volt cig-a-likes (220 and 320mAH i believe). I don't mind about slightly shorter battery life because they last me about 3 days each, I just want to know I'm not going to kill the battery or cause a fire or anything, but I'd like to get a bit more flavour from the juice, I get plenty of vapour but not so much flavour and I'm hoping a LR will give me that.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    if we are talking in safety terms only, what mAH is the lowest you can go with a 1.8ohm clearo/carto? I've got a couple of volt cig-a-likes (220 and 320mAH i believe). I don't mind about slightly shorter battery life because they last me about 3 days each, I just want to know I'm not going to kill the battery or cause a fire or anything, but I'd like to get a bit more flavour from the juice, I get plenty of vapour but not so much flavour and I'm hoping a LR will give me that.

Most say don't go lower than 450mAh with LR stuff. Actually the reason there even is a 1.7ohm SmokTech carto is for the little eGo type batteries. (1.7ohms @ 3.4v = aprox 7 watts.)
    The actual reason for not using LR is because the smaller the battery the less amps it can deliver without damaging itself.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread