Effect of flavors on potential to relapse to smoking

What types of flavors do you use in your liquid and how do these flavors affect urges to smoke?

• Use only tobacco or menthol flavored liquid - have no urges to smoke.

• Use only tobacco or menthol flavored liquid - sometimes have urges to smoke.

• Use only tobacco or menthol flavored liquid - often have urges to smoke.

• Use only candy, fruit, or beverage flavors - have no urges to smoke.

• Use only candy, fruit, or beverage flavors - sometimes have urges to smoke.

• Use only candy, fruit, or beverage flavors - often have urges to smoke.

• Use a combination of the two types - have-no urges to smoke.

• Use a combination of the two types - sometimes have- urges to smoke.

• Use a combination of the two types - often have- urges to smoke.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
The nicotine flavor has absoltely no bearing on my desire to smoke. Flavor and desire to smoke have 100% absolutely zero correlation (to me). Its about the nicotine.

My analogy uses food. If I were to eat chicken and become full, I'd be full and not have desire to eat. If I were to eat steak and become full, I no longer am hungry and therefore have no desire to eat. Same goes for nicotine. If I inhale nicotine, regardless of the flavor, I will become satisfied.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Out of curiosity, I wanted to try one of the dissolvable strips just to see what they are like. The strip tasted terrible to me, and I realized that somehow I had lost my "taste" for tobacco. It also dawned on me that I had no urges whatsoever to light up and wondered whether it had something to do with my having switched to fruit-type flavors some months below. I finally gave away my stockpile of tobacco-flavored liquid, since I couldn't imagine ever going back to that flavor.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Out of curiosity, I wanted to try one of the dissolvable strips just to see what they are like. The strip tasted terrible to me, and I realized that somehow I had lost my "taste" for tobacco. It also dawned on me that I had no urges whatsoever to light up and wondered whether it had something to do with my having switched to fruit-type flavors some months below. I finally gave away my stockpile of tobacco-flavored liquid, since I couldn't imagine ever going back to that flavor.

i would do the same for some flavors that i have that dont particularly care for, if it werent for my fear that the govt will take away our ability to purchase eliquid.

if they do, i will happily vape the less than desirable flavors i have. when that runs out, idk, maybe we can extract our own nicotine from nightshade plants :laugh:

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
Elaine, I'm afraid the poll leaves me out, as there doesn't seem to be an appropriate choice for me.

I only use menthol and mint flavors - but specifically NOT the "tobacco-based but menthol added" kind of flavor that the first set of choices seems to imply, that is associated with traditional cigarettes. (I guess that's also why I've had to move to DIY for the most part, as too many sellers seem to provide menthol only with a tobacco flavored base).

I thought of checking off the 4th choice, but that doesn't really hit what I use either, since I do have to have menthol in my liquid, and haven't really liked any of the fruity or candy based flavors that are available out there.

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
yvilla you might re-read that ...
the 1st choice is "Use only tobacco or menthol flavored liquid - have no urges to smoke."

not tobacco & menthol .... :)

I really only vape florals ,but will try a fruit or tea flavor every now & then ....
so I decided that the fruit answer was probably closest...

I think she is trying to break it down by "cig like " & "totally NOT cig like "

& menthol falls in "cig like"

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
I had to choose candy, fruit or beverage flavors as the closest in your poll, BUT I am a dessert vaper primarily. Only use espresso in the beverage line, no strictly fruit flavors and no candy flavors. I have never been able to vape anything tobacco flavored at all.

I vape 4mg nic these days, DIY my juice and have not had any urge to light a cigarette since the day I started vaping 24 Feb 2011.

RichardV

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
The Golden Isles of Georgia, USA
I never had an urge to vape a tobacco flavor, I started with menthol and tried many fruit flavors. i have been vaping DIY cotton candy exclusively for 2 months.
After about 2 weeks off of the cigs I could not stand the smell of burning tobacco and still can't! I have no desire to burn tobacco!!!
I had managed to quit smoking for a 1 year period several years ago but always had a strong urge to smoke. With e-cigs I get nicotine + vapor and have not had even a slght urge to smoke. After 45 years of smoking I am finally free from the smoking dragon!!

Vape On!!:vapor:

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
I don't fit into any of those categories as the last cigarette I had 10 months ago tasted awful and made me want to throw up. It had nothing to do with what kind of flavors I was vaping. Cigarettes just simply taste horrible to me and I have no cravings whatsoever to ever put a cigarette in my mouth again.

I'm vaping 6mg and sometimes 0mg. My thing is the hand to mouth and the plumes of vapor, and of course delicious flavors. :vapor:

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
candy, dessert, beverage type flavors at 0mg. I checked no urges to smoke. I've had 2 urges to smoke in the 2 years I've been vaping. Both easily controlled by vaping more. So I figured that's close enough to no urges to count. I do have urges to vape though, even at 0mg. Turns out that the act of smoking is my addiction, not the nicotine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread