Status
Not open for further replies.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
It is called sense normalization and can occur with any of our senses that get continuous and repeat information. Ever had loud music in the work place and by the end of the day realized you had "tuned it out"? Sense normalization. Ever torn a cuticle and had it hurt like a ***** but then later, not so much (sans meds)? Sense normalization.

The easiest and best way to combat this is by switching it up. Want to tune back into the music? Change the song. Want to taste the flavor again, try another flavor for awhile then revisit.

DrewGrimey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
san jose
Never noticed it with sounds, I think a better example would be with smells. Ever sit in a room or a house that smells really bad when you walk in, or smells like food? After a while the smell gets dulled out to your senses but when you leave for a bit and come back the smell is still there.

That's how I look at it, this especially makes sense since taste and smell go hand in hand.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
I have only experienced this with BB and GJ. No other juice I have vaped loses its flavor this way. There is something about the chemistry of this juice, and I just dont believe it is caused by becoming desensitized, unless this condition is somehow specific to this juice, which again would be the result of the chemistry.

The chemistry is very simple and follows the same recipe as other juices. We do tend to add more flavoring than most providers, this may exacerbate or quicken the issue.

There is some testing I can do to monitor VG and PG differences, and additional or less flavoring. I'll give it a look but my "horse sense" is telling me that the recipes are simple enough that this isn't the case. However, I am always open to being wrong, hell, I thrive on learning. I will give it a good look. Drop me a help desk ticket on the website and I can give you updates on what I find.

Never noticed it with sounds, I think a better example would be with smells. Ever sit in a room or a house that smells really bad when you walk in, or smells like food? After a while the smell gets dulled out to your senses but when you leave for a bit and come back the smell is still there.

That's how I look at it, this especially makes sense since taste and smell go hand in hand.

My wife will never get this with sounds either, she is hyper sensitive to sensory input (this is a very common occurrence today). One time a therapist put her on a bio-feedback machine, a machine that makes a sound to alert you when you get anxious or stressed. Well, the sound was stressing her out in the end, and this is actually where I started learning about this.

It's fairly hard to eliminate annoying lights, smells, and sounds from every part of your house LOL... just think about it.

Jermania

Moved On
Jun 18, 2012
Valhalla
Well no, that is not necessary. I am not complaining by any means, I just find it very interesting. Even when I am not tasting the juice, I still prefer it over any others. Actually I think you may have nailed it with the VG/PG ratio hypothesis. I do not know of any other juice out there that is 100%VG, that I have tried anyways. I hope that is not the case, because I absolutely the rich texture of VG. More importantly here, is that many people love this juice, and I wouldnt be so quick to make any drastic changes. My most recent order, which should arrive today has the flavor bump, I will report back how that goes.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
More importantly here, is that many people love this juice, and I wouldnt be so quick to make any drastic changes. My most recent order, which should arrive today has the flavor bump, I will report back how that goes.

First rule: if you change the recipe, change the name. Always keep your recipes/names consistent. I would never drastically change a juice. I will alter the recipe and call it something else but the original will be there. If a juice is ever taken down it is only because getting the ingredients for the recipe is no longer possible/feasible.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
We originally had an editable text box... That didn't work out well...at all. We moved over to the "entire order" method because it is simpler to handle through every step and because it mirrors what 90% of the request were originally. This is only temporary, we are building the new site and individual bottle bumps will be available with the new site (about 30 days out)EDIT: 12/24/2012- As with all software development, the deadline was moved. We are now looking at February as the finish line for the new website.

Last edited:

DrewGrimey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
san jose
We originally had an editable text box... That didn't work out well...at all. We moved over to the "entire order" method because it is simpler to handle through every step and because it mirrors what 90% of the request were originally. This is only temporary, we are building the new site and individual bottle bumps will be available with the new site (about 30 days out)
ok, well, since it was free shipping today I made one order without the flavor bump and one order to try the flavor bump, hope it doesn't cause any confusion, both orders shipping to the same address so feel free to bundle them up to save on shipping. order # 36609 and order # 36556 18ml bottles with the boost

Nuuze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2012
Norcal
facebook.com
Yep it happens all the time with Gorilla juice for me.
Sometime switching to a new atty helps though.

Nothing like GJ on a fresh atty

At one time I had 3 (Zen mini, iHybrid & Provari/ZAP) filled with GJ. :D

Oh, GJ on a fresh coil and charged batt is heaven!!! I could vape until the tank was empty. :)

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Its not isolated to just Bobas and GJ...Hype has been my all day vape since the first time I tried it. The very next day I ordered a 100ml bottle and order one every month now. I also order one or two sample juices from AVE with every bottle of Hype and found Craveloupe and Christys Cappucino that way.

After a day or two I cant taste Hype anymore and rotate between those two juices until my taste buds come back.

Nuuze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2012
Norcal
facebook.com
I got some Hype, Craveloupe, Christy's Capp, Bees Knees and Banana Slurry in my last order. Love fruitiness of the peach Hype gives off and melon hints of Craveloupe! For those who don't like their coffee too sweet then Christy's Capp is awesome. Bees Knees I have not had a chance yet. Since I'm having taste issues with GJ I decided to wait on the Banana for now. :)

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
At one time I had 3 (Zen mini, iHybrid & Provari/ZAP) filled with GJ. :D

Oh, GJ on a fresh coil and charged batt is heaven!!! I could vape until the tank was empty. :)

Oh, ya nothing beats Gorilla Juice or Boba's in an iHybrid. I actually have an iHybrid spider that has only seen Boba's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread