What is the best clearomizer or tank for a Volt (808) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandrax

Nov 10, 2012
Indiana
Hi Everyone,

I have a Volt kit (which I purchased after trying and hating the Blu kit). I'm pretty satisfied with it but I've been reading good things about using a tank/clearo vs. polyfill cartomizer. Since there are so many options out there, and want to make sure the device works with the specific setup that I have - does anyone one have an opinion on the best tank or clearo mizer to use for the Volt? Thanks.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I'm sorry I can't be of more help, since I'm not familiar with the Volt. If it's a 510 thread then I can recomend either a vivi nova(I've got 10 of them) or a carto/tank system. The Carto/tank is gonna take some getting use to. If you've never used one then I would go with some type of clearomizer, like the kanger,(again never had one) or the vivi nova. With the nova you can get different coil/heads to replace so you can rebuild it.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Smokeless Image has several options to choose. The ce3's. clearomizers, and Nano. I assume you are using the mini-batteries and not the X2 fatter batteries?

The mini-batteries are too small to put a cartotank on them. However, if you use the bigger X2 batteries you could get a slim pyrex tank from IBTanked and use Smokeless Image's silver stainless steel cartomizers to make a cartotank. You would also need to purchase a carto punch tool to make a hole in the carto so that juice from the tank has a way to get inside of the cartomizer.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Hi Mandrax,
I have Volts and Volt X2s. If you are looking to use clearomizers for the Volts then Smokeless Image sell nanos. I prefer just using cartos with Volts myself.
Other clearomizers or tanks really are going to be better on a Volt X2. Carto tanks are ok but have a learning curve. Kanger T3s and Vision vivi novas are popular.
I have an 808-510 adapter which means I can use 808 tanks or 510 tanks with an X2.

Mad vapes sell adapters here for $1.79: 901/808D Battery to 510 Atomizer Adapter

Here's a pic of an X2 with an adapter - using a full size 3.5 ml vivi nova. I only took this pic to show some-one how an adapter works. I would use a smaller vivi nova - like a mini vivi nova, with an X2. I'm using the Mad Vapes adapter in the pic:

2012-11-10 14.31.23.jpg
Click pic for bigger view

Smokless Image are going to be casrrying an 808 T3. The Kanger T3s are getting very good reviews. You could use a 510 threaded T3 with an 808-Ego adapter for a T3:
808D to eGo Adapter

Adapters are a good extra for any vaper to have - it increases your choices across different types of threading.

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Thanks for the responses so far. I just don't understand what the point of a "cartotank" is though?

Really just a way to make a cartomizer last longer without having to refill it. The cartomizer has holes in it and the juice from the tank seeps in through the holes.
A lot of folks find they do have a learning curve to start with.

Most clearomizers or clearomizers that are tank size are easy to fill up and use.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I tried the smokeless image CE3 and had very poor results. 3 out of 5 ended up leaking/pouring liquid out. This was my last experiment with 808 batteries before switching to eGo.

I only bought one package, so maybe it was just bad luck. But, that was my experience.

Smokeless Image | The Best Electronic Cigarette

I did use SIs Ce3s but they are fiddly with having to use a syringe, and I had some leaks too. The T3s should be much better but its taking them forever to get them up for sale. An 808-510 adapter and Kanger 510 T3 with an X2, or mini vivi would be the best right now I think.

JudeaB

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2012
Tasmania Australia
Hi Everyone,

I have a Volt kit (which I purchased after trying and hating the Blu kit). I'm pretty satisfied with it but I've been reading good things about using a tank/clearo vs. polyfill cartomizer. Since there are so many options out there, and want to make sure the device works with the specific setup that I have - does anyone one have an opinion on the best tank or clearo mizer to use for the Volt? Thanks.

I have been using the Volt batteries for about 5/6 mths now and love them. I started with the cartridges but moved to the CE's and they are great. No problems with leaking and after use just wash out the clearomizer with the syringe and hot water. They are lasting me nicely and the taste of the EJuice is much much nicer thru these I find, than the cartridges, which I rarely use now but have a couple for convenience. I am now moving to the X2 as soon as it arrives. Not that the others have given me any problems, just couldn't resist!! :)
I would definitely recommend the CE clearomizers. Cheers and enjoy your vape! Jude

JudeaB

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2012
Tasmania Australia
Hi Everyone,

I use Volt batteries 99% of the time and have had a good run. I use CE clearomizers which are great and do have one of the X2 clearomizer. The X2 if inverted can have a leaking problem. Holds a bit more but I think I will mainly stick to CE (? think there is a number there but not sure what) clearomizers. I just syringed them out after use and re-use them. Still have most of my original lot. Hope this is helpful, cheers, Jude

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Hi Everyone,

Good advice thus far from the other folks. I really have nothing to add other than to tell you that Smokeless Image has their own sub-forum here on ECF, in case you weren't aware. Most everyone there uses Smokeless Image products and are more familiar with the ins and outs of the company's products.

In the upper sticky section you can ask questions directly with Imagine, SI's company representative. You can post a pic of yourself and your Volt for a free battery. There are also video demo's and reviews of SI products to see how they work before you purchase them.

In the lower bottom section, you can ask any question about SI products and have other SI customers answer your question. A very active and friendly forum, check it out.

Smokeless Image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread