icr 18350 battery charging time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

godspeed1208

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Lion City
Hi there, i bought a mini lavatube and i notice that the charge time for the battery is around just an hour? when i start charging it the led light is red and in an hour it shows the green light indicating it's already charged... I was thinking it took around 2-3 hours to charge a battery? Or should i leave it to continue charging the battery even if it shows the green light? thanks alot

godspeed1208

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Lion City
The spec for my batt is :

Model Number: ICR18350

Type: Li-ion

Voltage: 3.7V

Capacity: 900mAh

Size: 18mm X 35mm

PVC: Blue color

Weight: 50g

so if let's say i get another batt with higher mah would i be able to use them? what other better batts are out there that i could use with this? Do they need to be ICR batts?

For example i saw this batt online :

18350 1200mah 3.7V Rechargeable Li-ion protected Battery (2 pcs)

PCS: 2 PCS
spec: 18350 1200mah 3.7V
Material: Li-ion
Size(mm); 37(L)X18(D)
Weight(g): 55/60

will i be able to use this batt? thanks alot for helping a newbie

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
ok heres the problem with getting bigger batteries they are.... well bigger. usually the extra power makes them longer. and you can only go so big before they won't fit in the mod anymore.
i never used the lava tube mini so i dont know how big you can get.

how long have you had these batteries? and how many times have you tried them so far?

godspeed1208

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Lion City
ok heres the problem with getting bigger batteries they are.... well bigger. usually the extra power makes them longer. and you can only go so big before they won't fit in the mod anymore.
i never used the lava tube mini so i dont know how big you can get.

how long have you had these batteries? and how many times have you tried them so far?

just got them yesterday. been using it for about 12 hours now. Ok so lets say that i find a batt of same length and size, but with a higher Mah(currently mine is 900Mah) for example 1200Mah , would it be fine? I'm more concern on safety and also would i need to get a different charger for a different batt? Thanks

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
same charger is fine as long as your sure its working like it is supposed to. if you find batteries that fit the mod then sure, use them. it doesnt hurt to have more then one or two sets anyways as rotating sets will make them all last longer.

I wouldnt worry about the charging time unless it seems like the batteries go dead really fast.

the best thing to do really is go to the APV forum and ask those guys about this as I dont ever use stacked batteries so my answers are going to be limited.
APV Discussion

godspeed1208

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Lion City
same charger is fine as long as your sure its working like it is supposed to. if you find batteries that fit the mod then sure, use them. it doesnt hurt to have more then one or two sets anyways as rotating sets will make them all last longer.

I wouldnt worry about the charging time unless it seems like the batteries go dead really fast.

the best thing to do really is go to the APV forum and ask those guys about this as I dont ever use stacked batteries so my answers are going to be limited.
APV Discussion

Oh ok sure thanks alot, i'll head over to APv discussion now. thanks for sharing some info with me ;)

justinred

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2012
PH
Not really exact science but here goes...

If your charger outputs 1amp (1000ma), theoretically charging a 900 maH battery from full drain to full charge will take less than an hour (0.9hours). If you use a 0.5amp (500ma) charger, it will take under 2 hours (1.8 hours). But since we don't discharge a battery to full zero charge, it will take lesser time. HTH

godspeed1208

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Lion City
The output rating of your charger should give you a pretty good guestimate; depending on how low your batteries are before charging them. My chargers are rated 500mAh. My 18350 batteries are 700mAh. They take a little over an hour to charge.

Hi thanks for this info, so it's normal . i was just worried as heard many batts explode etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread