Geoff's Blend Will Be Retired, Coming Soon: Burmani Campuran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Well, I come to you with a heavy heart here. And this is killing me too. There was recently some very suspicious differences with the cinnamon we've gotten recently from Lorann's than we had been getting in the past. For some reason, the cinnamon was smelling and tasting heavily of clove. Atomic Cinnacide was noticeably weaker, Geoff's Blend tasted heavily of clove. So we had to make the decision of removing both until we could come to some solution.

Lorann's seemed unwilling to budge on the fact that they had done anything to the cinnamon, that it is the same and no changes have been made. We knew better and we decided to call them on their lie. We did a GC analysis on the dram bottles we had, and on a sample ounce of cinnamon from the gallon jugs they had recently sold us.

The results are in and voila, Lorann's DID pull a whammy and made a change. The old cinnamon had about a 13.9% content of eugenol, which really would do little more than numb the palette a little. Where the NEW cinnamon had a reduction in eugenol of about 12.8%, but it also had a 1.9% content of eugenol acetate which would very well explain that clove taste that we're now getting.

Having provided Lorann's with the results of both analysis, they admitted that they changed regions that they were acquiring cinnamon oil from. They also informed me that the changes would be permanent. Yay.

We have been able to readjust the recipe for Atomic Cinnacide and that recipe will be added BACK to the menu soon.

As for the Geoff's Blend, the cinnamon could not be adjusted in a manner that could "wash out" the flavor of clove. We had hoped to find a cinnamon that could be used and we must have auditioned about 10 different cinnamon oils that we HOPED might fit the bill to no avail. And so regrettably, the flavor that I've loved and used on a daily basis for 2 1/2 years will be retired. And I am incredibly sorry we had to come to this decision as I know a great deal of you have enjoyed that flavor for a very long time and just having recently improved the recipe so it was not so taxing on your cartomizers.

But I may have some good news too. Of the cinnamon oils we tried, we ran across one in particular, while using the cinnamon clearly was not a match for producing a good Geoff's Blend, it did add this exquisite woody/bready cinnamon flavor and additional complexity to the recipe. If you were to try this and expect GB, you'd be disappointed, but if you tried it hoping for a deep, rich, cinnamon recipe with depth and complexity, I think you'll be in for a treat.

While this cinnamon is like 3x as expensive as the Lorann's cinnamon (Lorann's on wholesale, charges $285.00 per gallon for their cinnamon oil), we think the end result is just nothing less than a luxurious taste experience.

So, when we get our stocks in, we will be introducing Burmani Campuran. It will go on special for you to try at a reduced price.

And for those long time users of Geoff's Blend, I am deeply sorry we had to come to this decision, but there will be many things as we trudge this road that will be out of our control. This was one of them. But we hope that through this trial and error process we'll be able to provide you with a new gem. When we release the new flavor, we'll let you be the judge.

proxy

Oct 25, 2009
Mountain House, CA
OH GOD NO. This is horrible. I know it's totally out of your control and I'm sure you tried your damnedest to make it work. But damn it...this is HORRIBLE. Nothing else really satisfies like GB does.

Ok, I'll give this Burmani Campuran a shot. Looks like I'm gonna have to try a bunch of Tasty Vapor flavors to find a new all day vape.

Ugh, this sucks. F * * K you, Lorran's.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Almost 2.5 years as an ADV for me too, and this news is devastating. Nothing that I have tried or tested in the last 2 plus years has even come close to dethroning GB as my ADV. There's even a standing joke in the Canadian Forum, where I am perhaps known more as the GB guy, than as myself.

I will be trying BC as I said on FB, and I hope that it will prove a worthwhile substitute to this absolutely awesome juice. As I begin my quest for a new ADV, the one thing that makes me glad is that I did not find something that was better than GB that caused the switch to happen, but because I was forced to do so.

R.I.P Geoffs Blend.. you will always be #1 in my books!

P.S - One of the Canadian members posted this earlier today: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/canada-forum/355574-moment-silence-dusty-other-gb-fans.html

Last edited:

TVChris

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Oakland, CA
Hey, this stuff should be on the market very shortly. Keep an open mind. We know everybody is going to be comparing it to the original. It is not the original. It is absolutely freaking delicious, but it is not Geoff's Blend. As soon as we get the supplies we will have it for sale (and on sale). I gotta tel you (as if you're gonna believe it commin from me) I like this BETTER than the original. And that's no BS.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
he's not messing with you. I've been vaping this new stuff (we're still haggling over the name, I think it might be Burmanii Special) for 4 days now. Geoff's Blend was a complex flavor, I'll give it that, but this new stuff....next level stuff.

I won't begin to compare it to Geoff's Blend as that's just going to be pointless. It's the old GB recipe with a new cinnamon, and the taste experience is considerably different, complex and layered.

This is a very rich, robust cinnamon flavor and it seems like the other flavors dance around the cinnamon. Some have tasted cinnamon bread, some apple pie. The Burmanni starts the recipe with that rich woody ground cinnamon flavor that a lot of us are accustomed to and then is built out with the complementary flavors that you had been getting with GB. It's lighter in sweetness, but rich and decadent in flavor.

That's the best way I can describe it. Chris has been using it consistentlly for the past few days. I've been doing the same. I have two other customers that were crying for GB and we're okay with using the Burmanii, and they're loving it. Of course they're missing the old stuff, but they're not disappointed with how we've been able to salvage the recipe.

One would think it's my job to get people excited about the products. To a degree, you're right. Take into account that there are a lot of flavors that I just describe in general terms on the site. And why? Because I'm just not 100% jazzed about them myself that I don't know how to describe them with a certain amount of passion. BUT, if I can describe a product to you practically painting a mental portrait of it...This is because I have a considerable level of enthusiasm about it.

The Burmanii really is that good. But as I said, if you're going to vape it expecting it to taste, or comparing the taste to Geoff's Blend, it's going to be premeditated disappointment. If you try it, do it like you're trying the flavor for the first time. The cinnamon really does alter the recipe a great deal. In a very good way.

Okay, enough rattling on. We've got a large bottle of the burmanii on the way, we'll get cracking on this just as soon as it comes in.

Last edited:

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Thank you for the reassurance, and the mental picture Geoff. All I want is something that is awesome enough to replace GB as my ADV. Is this going to be your new ADV?! Is it complex enough for that? If yes, then it will probably be good enough for me too. :)

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Thank you for the reassurance, and the mental picture Geoff. All I want is something that is awesome enough to replace GB as my ADV. Is this going to be your new ADV?! Is it complex enough for that? If yes, then it will probably be good enough for me too. :)

Honestly, the new stuff is complex and rich enough, I'm quite happy replacing the old with the new. I've been vaping this exclusively for a few days now and I'm happy as hell with it. So far the largest percentage of people who've taken a tug on it have been blown away.

It does become a cinnamon flavor with the burmanii in it, but it's how the other flavors play around that flavor....quite impressive. I think you'll be fine with this stuff.

Waterman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Colorado
The thought and care you guys put in your juices shows why your flavors are so good. Probably a lot of suppliers would of just whipped it up with the cinnamon available and called it a day.GB has been my first ADV for a while. Never tasted the gum flavors like others, just a nice complex flavor, great throat hit, and helps me stay off the ciggys, although it still kills my carts. What do you guys use as your delivery system? I know my order will be inline as soon as this new one comes out!
Thanks for your dedication.

Lapoleon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
Boston
I had just tried GB a few weeks back. I just bought one bottle and I've been using it sparingly since it was taken off the menu. I've just under half left. Gotta make this stuff last. I'm excited about this new flavor, as atomic is my ADV and TV juices rock. So much more flavor than any other juice I have on a 3.7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread