V2 Cigs: A review

Status
Not open for further replies.

the3orpdeenyse

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Benton, Louisiana
Let me start by saying that V2 is my 3rd and current brand of e-cig, the other two of which I intend to review as well(separate threads, eventually). This review is based off of two weeks with the brand(I will update if anything changes). It should also be known that in no way is this review of a bias perspective, and I still consider myself somewhat new to the world of vaping, so I believe this review will be helpful to those that are new to e-cigs, as my outlooks should prove quite easy to relate to or understand in that respect. Forgive my tendency to avoid short and sweet as well as my love of parenthesis. If you read this entire review, you like reading. If I missed an aspect of particular interest, ask away...

What I purchased: V2 standard starter kit-$79.95 current

Contents of kit: 1 automatic battery (no button, active upon drag)
1 manual battery (button, active upon press)
1 charger kit (usb charger and wall adapter)
10 atomized cartridges (cartomizers)
User's manual
5 of V2's smoke for free discount cards
1 15% off coupon

Review of contents, in respective order..

batteries and charger-9/10

NOTE: I went with the long option for both batts(140mm)
Thanks to there being no choice in the matter of receiving 1 auto and 1 manual battery, I have concluded that I actually prefer the manual. As many say and one would assume, more control is granted to the user, resulting in the POSSIBILITY of the manual outlasting the auto, dependent on user "technique". The main advantage over the auto is the response time and the result (throat hit and vapor production). I don't think it affects the amount of flavor, but that could just be because the four V2 flavors I've had are quite potent anyways. (Good thing, imo)
Still, the auto battery is no slouch. Differences are minimal. They both have some weight to them which to me means they're sturdy and don't feel cheap. The stainless (blue LED) and blue (white LED) colors look sharp, and have a nice matte shine to them. V2 logo looks nice as well.
When working, I vape very often. Not to the extent that I would be considered a "chain vaper", but not just occasional either. The manual has lasted me an entire work day (10hrs) and still not died that night at home. When at home, I vape every 45min+/-, at 10min+/- sessions. (This may just be because my batteries are new. I will provide an update regarding batt stamina.) Still, I am very pleased with the longs.

Battery color options: white, black, stainless, blue, pink (limited).
Battery sizes: 110mm (shorty), 120mm (standard), 140mm (long)
Charge time(longs): around 4hrs, manual seems to take a bit longer, like 30min more. Drag cut-off time is 10 seconds.
As mentioned before, this review as of now is based off of two weeks with V2. The charger has shown no hints to being cheap. Feels solid, looks cool. Light is red w/blue strobe (6sec intervals) when charging, and blue when full.

The cartomizers-8/10

NOTE: For my starter kit choice of two 5-packs, I went with V2 Red and Menthol, both 1.8% nic (Full). I ordered in advance a week later for a 5- pack of Sahara and Vanilla, 1.8% as well.
The four of these flavors, and perhaps all others, are PG dominant. Therefore they have a very similar TH to analogs (tobacco cigs), yet the vapor production is still plentiful (VG base is known for its typically great, sometimes ridiculous, vapor production). These are very important factors, especially when trying to wing yourself or someone else of reluctant nature off of analog, and it is undeniably satisfying to let out a massive storm of vapor. The site provides a full ingredient list for all flavors, which is nice for the concerned and curious.
The cartos do in fact average out to the equivalent of one pack of analogs. This statement is based off of how many cartos I went through over a period of 7 days, which was around 7 or 7½.
On a negative note, I just had one of the Saharas burn out on me, which I was pretty sure was only about halfway finished. I have heard that this can be a regular occurrence, especially out of 20, but figured it was to be noted anyhow. At $2.70 a pack (factored assuming two 5-packs with 15% discount plus $5.00 shipping), I’m not too devastated.

My flavor impressions/opinions:

Menthol-4.5/5: Definitely my favorite of the five other menthols I have tried. I suppose it has a sort of toothpaste-like flavor, but hits and feels like a Newport. I was primarily a menthol smoker, and I think other menthol smokers would be quite pleased.

V2 Red-5/5: They compare it to a Marlboro Red-not so. The first time I tried it, I didn’t like it. Eventually however, this became one of my favorites. The only way I can describe the flavor is that it has a very slight chocolate-like after taste, but also has a sort of tobacco hint to it. Overall a sweet and syrup-ish (not overkill) flavor. I recommend to anyone.

Sahara-4/5: They compare it to a Camel-not so. This flavor is good, but not phenomenal. I will have no difficulties whatsoever in finishing them off, but may not buy them again. It may grow on me more, though. This flavor is similar to Red in that it has that syrup-like hint, but differs in its slightly perfume-ish (not bitter), dominate taste. I could see this flavor being a favorite for others. Many of my friends became interested in V2 because of this one.

Vanilla-4.5/5: Definitely vanilla. Also has a slight banana to it. This flavor is very easy on the taste buds. Hmmm….think how you’ve always wanted banana boat lotion to taste like it smells, and voila. The only reason this flavor doesn’t get a 5 is because I personally cannot vape it non-stop like the others, instead treating this one more like dessert.

User’s Manual-

I would feel ridiculous if I actually rated a user’s manual, haha. It makes for a good toilet read, I suppose. :blush:
Smoke for free discount cards-10/10
I think these cards are a great marketing idea. Basically, you get five cards with a 15% discount code (your kit order #) to give to others. Not only is this yet another discount code (as limited as it may be), but when used, it also funds your V2 account with a $15 credit, meaning you could gain $75 in store credit. Quite clever indeed, as temporarily you are marketing V2 yourself!! Like I said above, my code is -Can’t hurt!

15% off coupon-10/10

Discounts never suck. In my experience, they are very easy to find in the market of e-cigs, and I would never make a purchase without finding one. It’s usually as simple as typing in “(insert brand) discount codes” in the search bar.

Shipping-8/10

I have read about folks having some difficulties with V2 when it came to shipping, but didn’t know what to think because it is so hard to know whether or not you are reading a real review. Some competitors will create fake profiles and such, then bash other brands.
My starter kit shipped as the site said it would and arrived exactly 5 days later, as also said. When it came time for me to order some more cartos in advance, I originally planned to order Congress and Sahara. The site has little colored squares located next to the item you are looking at, indicating availability thus shipping delay by color:

Green-“product will ship by next business day if ordered before 6PM EST.”

Orange-“this product will ship within 5 business days.”

A nifty little square, indeed. I decided to go with Vanilla instead of Congress (highly praised) because Congress had the orange status and I didn’t want to wait that long. I ordered them around 7pm on a Monday, so they didn’t ship that day (as said), but did ship Tuesday, and arrived Saturday. The reason shipping doesn’t get a 10 is due to the fact that the orange square exists. Maybe that isn’t a valid reason, as this also could be seen as a good sign, being that V2 is doing well enough to have trouble keeping up with demand. Regardless, if I want Congress then by God…anyhow.

Well, this concludes my initial review. I hope at least a few of you were able to read all the way through, and gain a better idea of what to expect from this brand. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:

the3orpdeenyse

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Benton, Louisiana
Seeing as how I am no longer able to edit the review;

Third week with V2, still loving it.

Battery stamina has not decreased with the auto. I lost my manual batt in the woods the other day:closedeyes:so I unfortunately can no longer update it's status (MIA)

My new main set-up is now with Cigeasy's Go-Go, one with 3ml carto, the other with 2ml tank.(avatar). I'm getting more V2 Red liquid so I can vape it with my Go-Go as well.

Last edited:

kookycole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Newark, OH
I tried the V2 and it was pretty decent for a mini. The only issue that I really had with them was the price. There's a kit that's just as good for about half of what you pay there. It was kind of hard to find that out when I first started because the V2 affiliates and people that were trying to push their coupon codes flooded the search results.

the3orpdeenyse

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Benton, Louisiana
You are right about the affiliates and such (I hope you weren't implying that I'm one:mad:), though that goes for just about any other brand as well when it comes to the "mini". Very hard to find a trustworthy review for any brand, which is why I wrote one. I have heard very good things about the Volt, if that is what you refer to. When it comes to the price, I've had a "you get what you paid for" experience in comparison to the other two mini brands I've owned, seven if including others I've tried or seen friends vape (sometimes witnessing their entire life cycle).

Anyhow, any post of any nature regarding this brand could only help people new to vaping in their search for an e-cig. That's a win for me:)

Now, going into the world of a PV is another story entirely.

kookycole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Newark, OH
No, I wasn't suggesting that you were one, since you didn't post your code :) I was just saying that there are a lot of websites that are pushing the V2 and I question their motives (but I'm not questioning yours). I never even heard of the Volt until I found this forum, and I do think that the V2 was just as good in quality (for the 2 weeks I had it, anyway) but the price was too steep.

the3orpdeenyse

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Benton, Louisiana
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: cleaned up a bit

kookycole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Newark, OH
  • Deleted by classwife

the3orpdeenyse

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Benton, Louisiana
  • Deleted by classwife

kookycole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Newark, OH
  • Deleted by classwife

kookycole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Newark, OH
  • Deleted by classwife

the3orpdeenyse

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Benton, Louisiana
  • Deleted by classwife

kookycole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Newark, OH
  • Deleted by classwife

the3orpdeenyse

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Benton, Louisiana
  • Deleted by classwife

Sampleday

Jul 7, 2012
Pennsylvania
I am very pleased with my V2 experience. As a busy person, I don't do a lot of experimenting. And frankly the warranty on the batteries snared me. I like their Congress and Sahara and Grape. I figure that's enough for now. I'm sure I'll experiment further, but I'm just so thankful to be off cigs and comfortable. I tried every other method nothing worked. I think I have a hand mouth fixation or something. But I find their forum really helpful, not as big as this one, which I find really hard to find what I'm looking for. And just to say it again the warranty.

Hello,

I've been informed about the V2 by my brother on October 22 and am a fulltime vaper now since yesterday, 10-11-12 (Dutch read)
I wrote a review page about it and mostly, how I came to vaping and how surprised I was to switch to e-cigs so easily after trying to quit smoking several times before.
It's way too long to copy here so be welcome to read my page

What I can review here is:

The batteries last approx a day (in my usage) as well as the cartomizers, they too last me approx a day.
The Carry case charger XL is VERY good ! I have used it to charge a battery 4 times now and it still isn't out of power !
The case is about the size of a pack of tabacco so for me not much difference, as I was a tabacco smoker, like some 25-30 a day !
And I made the switch from that much to 5 a day and the day after to 3 and 1 a day ending up with 1 puff only which I really disliked, all within a week to 10 days.

The flavours I like best are: Coffee, Congress and Mint and from the SmartCigs (I had those as my first carto's lent from my brother) also the Coffee, the Pharaoh, the Gold, Texas Red and Strawberry.
In fact, I think the Coffee, Texas Red and Gold are a bit simulair and assume the Red and Sahara from V2 will be like Texas Red and Pharaoh but will experience that soon as I will order those a next time.

I also am planning to purchase the liquid Congress as indeed these cartomizers are very easy to refill.
That's what disappoints me a little sofar, V2 doesn't have much liquids.

The supplier I get it from is in the UK and has more than V2 UK and also offers free shipping as of £ 75
So I have been calculating a bit ahead: buying a bulk cartridges of 100 at SmartCigs including p&p for me is more expensive than ordering the bulk of 80 cartridges from my chosen supplier as they send free of p&p ;) Getting 100 seems less expensive but with the p&p it ends up being more per cartridge.
It's a minor difference of some € 0,07 per cartomizer but still, any difference is a difference... :D

I don't know if there are more V2 users in the Netherlands, I get the idea I'm somewhat alone in using this V2 but than again, maybe I haven't looked around enough to find more Dutchies vaping V2

Cheers,

Mar (from Marian)

Last edited:

gsolo19564

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I started my vaping experience with V2, well, a gas station ecig for a couple days, then V2. I smoked analogs for 20yrs, anywhere from 20-25 a day. I ordered a starter kit from V2. After recieving it I smoked for 4 days then just put them down. I have not had an analog since October 30. I've been using my V2s ever since. I just recieved a VV, gotta put it under the tree though, to use. But for the initial switch to vaping from smoking, I would recommend the V2 brand.

lostgypsy

Aug 31, 2012
California
I started my vaping experience with V2, well, a gas station ecig for a couple days, then V2. I smoked analogs for 20yrs, anywhere from 20-25 a day. I ordered a starter kit from V2. After recieving it I smoked for 4 days then just put them down. I have not had an analog since October 30. I've been using my V2s ever since. I just recieved a VV, gotta put it under the tree though, to use. But for the initial switch to vaping from smoking, I would recommend the V2 brand.
100% agree. V2cigs was also my very first order, before I found this forum. But since I wanted just to try and see if I am going to like vaping, I've ordered the cheapest possible kit with just one battery, one cartomizer, and one charger, for $24.95. I also get samples of cartridges, to find out what flavor I might like the most. On and off, I realized that it is possible to get rid of analogs and I started to search more, found ego type batts, then clearomizers (still searching for the best possible) and now I almost know what to order and where to look. However, I must say, I wouldn't be able to do my switch with those bigger batteries, like ego... I really needed something looking like a real cigarette. Even now, after all that endless reading on this forum, I do not want anything bigger then ego. And I still use my one V2cigs battery on occasion. It is nice to have a reliable battery as a backup. Have nothing bad to say about V2cigs... Well, may be except that their cartomizers which named on their site as cartridges, are not equal to one pack of analogs, as they claim. But at least V2cigs have decent flavors, which I liked a lot as well. My favorites are "Sahara", "Chocolate" and "Coffee". Tried some other flavors from other brands and V2cigs are just better. A bit too expensive, but at least I know what I am getting.

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
Great review. I still fill their blanks occasionally for a quick easy vape working around the house or for traveling.
I order their blanks and have yet to have an issue, love em.
I only vape the Red juice in the blanks as the Sahara is hands down awful to me and I was a Camel smoker.
In fact I have 3 boxes of new Sahara I'm happy to send someone of they want them.

Last edited:

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
I sure do. I have 3 unused unopened boxes. When I started vaping I loved Green Smoke but their carts were not consistant and their CS is terrible so I moved to V2 for my wife and I to use outside working with the horses. I still use their Red Juice to fill a few carts and love it but for some reason niether of us can tolerate the Sahara taste. I am happy to send them if you would like them. They are only 2-3 weeks old so I'm sure they are still very good.

bdeef

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2013
Philadelphia, Pa
I as well started out with V2. I have been using them for about a year. I think the v2 brand is a bit of a commercialized brand, which is why a lot of people start there. I like the fact that they emulate a cig in size & that is great for a new user. I used the PFC's for a while & recently got into filling my own carts. I just purchased an eGo twist, as I was getting tired of the shortened battery life, with my year old batteries.

My main flavors were red, congress & sharah - all very good & I enjoyed them for a while. The only thing that turned me off about v2 was their shipping. It always seemed to take forever to fill the order & get to you (even using the priority ups shipping). The customer service dept was great when it came to problems with bunk carts or dead batteries. I would recommend V2 for a beginner vapor. They are expensive & you can find a cheaper alternative, but the quality may not be as good.

As of now I am still using V2, until my twist gets here. I ordered some Clearomizers from their site on the 16th & they have still yet to arrive (which goes back to my shipping complaint). If you order a certain flavor & they are out of stock, they never call or tell you. They kind of let you figure it out on your own. Again, I have no problems with V2 & will still continue to use their product for stealth vaping. V2 has helped me get of cigs & I can't thank them enough for that - just time to move on to bigger & better things! Can't wait for my twist to arrive!

the3orpdeenyse

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Benton, Louisiana
Soo...

It has been a looong time since i have been on the forum....figured i would provide an update for the v2.

Ok, so a couple of weeks after the review i got sucked in deep with the whole PV world, and eventually, the APV world. I had sold my v2 kit to a friend, decided to get more serious and eventually sold my Go-Go to help with my purchase of a Buzz Pro. I had accumulated a massive collection of eliquids, due to both horrid flavor discoveries, and my tendency to tire of the good ones rather quickly..
The Buzz eventually proved to be more maintenance than i wanted to deal with in order to vape, so i put it on the shelf, leading to me secretly going back to tobacco.
cigarettes (i know)..
Anyhow, the guilt of my secretly going back to being a smoker became too much, so i started getting e cigs at the gas station again. I went with Logic and, though quite good, are also pretty expensive...
.In my experience, the hassle that comes with toting around a massive PV or APV is just too tedious, so my ideal becomes strictly kr808. Accepting my preference for what it is and not getting caught up in the hype again, i decided to go with the Volt cig. My experience with smokeless image was not a good one. Customer service is great, flavors are decent, but i now have 5 KOd batts and am tired of having to smoke the ocassional analog to get by......im going back to what i know is great and what will work for me, and thats v2.
...just gotta be sure I don't lose another battery while traversing the wilderness haha

amyc75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Connecticut
See, so good to see that you found something that works for you! I upgraded rather quickly to eGo twists, and I love them, but my boyfriend prefers the V2 as it feels more like a cig to him. We just (he just) burned out one of the batteries so now I need to set about seeing if it is still under warranty.....

hawley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
www.youtube.com
I'll add my 2c worth here in favour of V2Cigs.

I started on a blu, and while it introduced me to vaping and helped me cut down the analogs, it wasn't until I got a V2 that I'm able to vape all day and not crave an analog. The draw is looser than a blu, which means for me at least, less sore lungs while trying to get a good cloud going. I've tried blu's menthol, cherry, vanilla, tobacco and coffee. With V2 I've tried coffee, vanilla, congress, and chocolate.

Blu has awesome cherry and vanilla, and the original tobacco was pretty decent, and the menthol was very refreshing. The coffee carto I had sucked. I found the pre-filled cartos didn't last very long in ANY flavour. V2's cartos last waaaay longer, although I do find they get a bit of a juice dribble which sometimes ends up in the mouth. The Coffee and Chocolate V2's were absolutely awesome! If I decide to go back to pre-filled carto's I would definitely get chocolate again as it could easily be my all-day-vape. The vanilla wasn't horrible, but it seemed to have a bit of a soapy undertone. Not a fan of the Congress at all, however, it could just be because of my Canadian Palette.

I have 2 standard auto batts, one in black, one in white, and a long manual stainless. All the batteries have managed to get through entire work days, and I've gone 2 days without needing to charge my long. My black standard actually stays on a lanyard in my bedroom for a quick vape before bed (with a 12mg juice), and I haven't needed to charge it in a week. This is a HUGE difference compared to the Blu, where I was swapping out and recharging batteries every couple of 'smoke' breaks.

As it stands now I want to upgrade to a PV, probably an eGo twist or VGO, however I will still use the V2 batts while out and about or at work. All in all though, V2cigs, while very commercial, (hell I fell for the marketing) has the performance they advertise. I wouldn't say the cartos last as long as a pack of analogs mind you, but I'm glad I found them. Although Blu introduced me to vaping, I don't think it would have kept me here.

ilovehugehits

Moved On
Jan 28, 2013
Minnesota
Here's my 2 cents on V2.
I starting vaping last year; with a South Beach kit bought on Groupon.
South Beach carto flavors were pretty good. But the cost with shipping was insanely high. Anyway, I noticed V2 had an inexpensive adapter. I ordered it with the 10 flavor high sampler pack. Using a coupon code. It was very inexpensive, $18 shipped. 3 days later the package arrived. Wow I thought. SB charges $7 for shipping a $40 fifteen pack. It still takes over a week!
My happiness with V2 ended there.
The PG dominant flavors were harsh. Vapor production was good.
But other than the mint tea and coffee. The flavors mostly sucked. Tobacco varieties were the most disappointing. Congress was especially horrible. It reminded me of rotten celery. Cherry was like vaping chapstick. Chocolate must have been mislabeled. It actually tasted like chalk. Red was like smoking someone's discarded roll your own. Sahara was actually ok.
But tasted more like pipe tobacco. Vanilla reminded me of burnt brown sugar. Since mint tea was my favorite. I thought that menthol might be good. Well I was wrong! It tasted like Listerine. Cola was like vaping generic fountain soda. V2 has quick processing and shipping. The price for refills is certainly cheaper than most brands. Smoking Top was always cheaper, than a carton of Camels. But that tasted horrible as well. I am happy with my Blu Premium 100. Johnson Creek flavors are delicious. VG tastes less harsh, and vapor is good for a mini. Just got a Johnson Creek Vea. It blows any other cig style battery out of the water. And yes I know about Volt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread