New M401 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

equazcion

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
New York City, USA
I received a new M401 (my first) yesterday, and it just finished its initial charge. I left it in for 12 hours.

The thing doesn't seem to light consistently. When I drag, the light goes out quickly, after about 2-3 seconds. It doesn't blink, mind you, like it's supposed to do after 5 seconds. It just sort of fades out, and I can't get a decent hit off it.

And I can't even get it to do that consistently. Sometimes it just doesn't work at all.

I just started charging up the spare battery and am gonna see if the same things happens with that. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Is it a dud battery?

PS. Even after 12 hours, the charger light stayed green the entire time and never turned red. This also happened with my pen-style RN4072 though on the initial charge, so I didn't think anything of it. Should I have left it charging til the light changed?

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
If its a standard M401, than if you hit the cutoff, you have to wait a good minute or two before you inhale again. The M401 battery won't flash like the RN4072 battery, the light will simply just go out. The M401 atomizer is awesome, the *waiting* period if you hit the cutoff in between puffs can get annoying. I kind of learned just to take shorter, more intense inhales, and it does pretty good.

Don't pay attention to the charger. Make sure to charge it for a good 12 hours and you should be good to go!

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
I received a new M401 (my first) yesterday, and it just finished its initial charge. I left it in for 12 hours.

The thing doesn't seem to light consistently. When I drag, the light goes out quickly, after about 2-3 seconds. It doesn't blink, mind you, like it's supposed to do after 5 seconds. It just sort of fades out, and I can't get a decent hit off it.

And I can't even get it to do that consistently. Sometimes it just doesn't work at all.

I just started charging up the spare battery and am gonna see if the same things happens with that. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Is it a dud battery?

PS. Even after 12 hours, the charger light stayed green the entire time and never turned red. This also happened with my pen-style RN4072 though on the initial charge, so I didn't think anything of it. Should I have left it charging til the light changed?

without a doubt, this is because the atomiser is running a little dry. either add a drop of juice onto the metal wick part of the atomiser or if you are using carts then leave it for 30 mins standing up. (cart end up, battery end down)

that always cures the problem when i use my 401:thumb:

equazcion

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
New York City, USA
If its a standard M401, than if you hit the cutoff, you have to wait a good minute or two before you inhale again. The M401 battery won't flash like the RN4072 battery, the light will simply just go out. The M401 atomizer is awesome, the *waiting* period if you hit the cutoff in between puffs can get annoying. I kind of learned just to take shorter, more intense inhales, and it does pretty good.

Don't pay attention to the charger. Make sure to charge it for a good 12 hours and you should be good to go!

Thanks ---

That all makes sense with the way this thing is operating. When the light goes out I can't smoke for a couple minutes afterward. None of this is mentioned in the manual though -- it says if you inhale for 5 seconds the light will flash 5 times just like the RN4072, and there's no mention of any waiting period, that I can see.

As for the atomizer, I don't think it's all that great. Not that much vapor or throat hit, maybe because I usually can't get the full 5 second draw -- like I said it's more like 2-3 seconds. I like your RN4072 much better so far, Steve... maybe there's just something wrong with my 401.

equazcion

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
New York City, USA
without a doubt, this is because the atomiser is running a little dry. either add a drop of juice onto the metal wick part of the atomiser or if you are using carts then leave it for 30 mins standing up. (cart end up, battery end down)

that always cures the problem when i use my 401:thumb:

Hmm I didn't think the atomizer needed to be moist for it to light. I'll definitely give that a try igetcha, thanks :thumb:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
the M401 and RN4072 are 2 separate animals. I actually really love my M401 ... The atomizer is the best part about it. I get a much better throat hit with it than I do the 4072. Keep at it. The first day I was completely dumbfounded and ...... off ... Gave it some time, got used to the shorter inhales, and finally got used to it. Give the atomizer a good chance to break in! O, and when you drip, don't actually drip. Put the nose tip of the bottle against the steel wool and let out about half a drip at a time. I find by doing this, I can get a good 2/3 fulls drips to absorb without dripping down the sides of the atomizer :)

equazcion

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
New York City, USA
It's almost comical how the manufacturers seem to go out of their way to install annoying features in these things.

Yes this does seem like the most annoying feature I've encountered so far using ecigs... and it annoys me about ten times as much that they don't put this in the freakin' manual, choosing instead to leave their customers scratching their heads. :confused:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
well ...

You have to look at the positives and negatives ... Too many new people to esmoking abuse atomizers like crazy. They burn through them like syrup on a drowning piece of french toast. Its actually a *nice* feature, especially for new esmokers. Teaches them patience and allows the atomizer to not self destruct/burn through the heating element. It gives the atomizer a chance to cool down, with the hope that it will prolong the atomizer life span.

Advanced esmokers hate it, I have grown to be ok with it ...

I look at it like as just being .... *Different*

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
well ...

You have to look at the positives and negatives ... Too many new people to esmoking abuse atomizers like crazy. They burn through them like syrup on a drowning piece of french toast. Its actually a *nice* feature, especially for new esmokers. Teaches them patience and allows the atomizer to not self destruct/burn through the heating element. It gives the atomizer a chance to cool down, with the hope that it will prolong the atomizer life span.

yeah agree with you cash, but i personally think that it would be better if it was the same as the 901 which just flashes to warn you to slow down without cutting out for 2 mins.

as long as the manuals state clearly that it is a warning then i think that would be better!

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I remember when i first got my M402, which shares the same atomiser with the M401. I was pretty dumbfounded when it just stopped working all of a sudden. I was pretty annoyed with the cut off too. I was so used to the blinking of the 801 and 901. I never read manuals.

It took me a few days to really get used to it. The atomiser will get better. The reason the light goes from bright to dim i believe is due to the electronic switch that is advertised so much. It gives a constant hit without having to do primer puffs.

You do have to make sure that the atomiser is wet enough though. Due to the fact that it produces good vapour and hit, liquid finishes pretty fast too.

Let us know how it goes.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
It's almost comical how the manufacturers seem to go out of their way to install annoying features in these things.

Sing it to the angels, Brother, Hallelujah!!

O, and when you drip, don't actually drip. Put the nose tip of the bottle against the steel wool and let out about half a drip at a time. I find by doing this, I can get a good 2/3 fulls drips to absorb without dripping down the sides of the atomizer :)

Nice tip. :thumb:

well ...

Yeah, I don't think I could stand a 2 minute cutoff. But the M401 I tried didn't cutoff untill 8 or 9 seconds, and then only for a second or so. Old school model, from LitecigUSA. ;)

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
That 2 minute cutout is doing my nutt! Thats why 2 EVO m401s live on my keyboard so if one cuts off I can continue with the other and iff the second one cuts off, the big bad 4072 becomes available for use!

On another note, you have to try 555 juice with the EVO, its as if they were made for each other, fantastic taste compared to the other liquids I have, kept that 555 juice for months until I decided to put some in the evo not its nearly all gone!!

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
That 2 minute cutout is doing my nutt! Thats why 2 EVO m401s live on my keyboard so if one cuts off I can continue with the other and iff the second one cuts off, the big bad 4072 becomes available for use!

On another note, you have to try 555 juice with the EVO, its as if they were made for each other, fantastic taste compared to the other liquids I have, kept that 555 juice for months until I decided to put some in the evo not its nearly all gone!!

in your opinion, what kind of taste is the 555?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread