Hello and a few newbie questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaylam

Jan 6, 2009
London, UK
Hello all.

I will do the intro first, im Jay from London and gave up smoking after 14 years on Monday. I have to be honest I have tried several times and failed but this time im determined to do it. I have tried patches, gum the inhaler which never really helped for me. The trouble is I love smoking, anyway I have just bought an EVO after reading through some of the reviews and other forums but just have a few newbie questions.

1. Are these E-Cig's as good as what got us all addicted in the first place.
2. Can the EVO be refilled or do you need to buy new carts each time.
3. I used to smoke Marlboro lights what’s the nearest tasting cart to these.

Sorry if these have all been answered somewhere else but I have read so many posts that I think I have just confused my self.

Just want to say it’s nice to see a forum with so many helpful replies and people makes a change from the normal forums I look at.

Many thanks in advance.

Jay

parapo

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Greece
1. yes!
2. don't know the evo, but most recommend the 901 for starters. (me too) you can't go wrong with it.
3.no flavor simulates real tabacco,but there are good ones that taste very nice.
instead of carts get e-juice and refill them yourself. it is much cheaper.
some sellers have sample packs,it's easier and cheaper to find the flavor you like.

Last edited:

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
1, Yes and no. They taste much better, do not damage your health in any way that can be measured or observed (so far) and do not cause social problems if you are among decent people (not the nazis who would like to burn every smoker and/or vaper alive), BUT:
The taste of our vapour is completely and entirely different to the taste of burning tobacco, paper, glue and additives in a traditional cigarette. So you might miss your tar, CO2, toluen, benzene, ammonia, etc. This is NOT a joke. Those things sound terrible and are poisonous/carcinogenic, but they also intoxicate you almost as much as the nicotine itself. You will not crave nicotine when vaping, but you most probably WILL crave the other substances from a tobacco .... Then it is just a matter of willpower/motivation. If you have no problems with smoking, it might be difficult to stop entirely. If you are motivated to stop by any strong reason, these devices will help you almost miraculously. But the motivation must be there. They will not make you quit. They will just enable you do so.

Hope it helps.

hwilliams18

Jan 5, 2009
NC usa
I hope your evo works out well. I recently picked up an e-cig I'm not too happy with, but it seems to be doing the trick. I am down to 4 or 5 analogs (real cigarettes) a day and I think I could kick the habit completely if my e-cig produced more vapor. Its just not as satisfying as a lung full of cancer. I've been told that topping off your cartridges with extra juice will create a more satisfying vapor. As for your question on taste, my cartridges come in the flavor "Marlboro" and when i can get a nice heavy puff i can notice a similar taste. It is faint, but it is definetly reminicint of a good old fasioned cowboy killer.

jaylam

Jan 6, 2009
London, UK
Thanks for the info all, I ordered the Evo yesterday so with a bit of luck it should be with me tomorrow and I will give it a try....just got to make it through today without killing someone, the cravings are bad today. I expected them to be worse on the first day (yesterday) but today is far worse.

Will let you know how I get on with the Evo when it arrives. :)

UkUsa

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2008
Smalltown Iowa, USA
If you are motivated to stop by any strong reason, these devices will help you almost miraculously. But the motivation must be there. They will not make you quit. They will just enable you do so.

That is one of the best lines i've read on this forum.

I had 30 years smoking 20 - 30 a day. Got my 901 just before xmas, hadn't set any timetable on quitting tobacco, was just curious. Less than a week later i stopped smoking the analogs.

Hope it works out good for you too :D.

parapo

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Greece
I hope your evo works out well. I recently picked up an e-cig I'm not too happy with, but it seems to be doing the trick. I am down to 4 or 5 analogs (real cigarettes) a day and I think I could kick the habit completely if my e-cig produced more vapor. Its just not as satisfying as a lung full of cancer. I've been told that topping off your cartridges with extra juice will create a more satisfying vapor. As for your question on taste, my cartridges come in the flavor "Marlboro" and when i can get a nice heavy puff i can notice a similar taste. It is faint, but it is definetly reminicint of a good old fasioned cowboy killer.

sorry to hear about your e-cig, that sucks especially for a newbie.
it's possible for someone to quit vaping for the wrong reasons,
that is why everybody suggest a 901 i think.

about the vapor,try to vape with the led end in a slightly higher altitude than the cart. a weak atomizer can get flooded even with less liquid. this way it will get less and maybe produce a bit more vapor.
also if it has a hole on the atomizer,try to close it for a second while drawing. this helps usually.

hwilliams18

Jan 5, 2009
NC usa
I appreciate all of your advise. I've tried draining the atomizer, covering the holes, and priming the atomizer, but neither of which has produced even the slightest bit more vapor. I think over the past day or so I really got the hang of it and became far more satisfied JUST AS all of my carts became empty. So i will be choking down analogs until my CaSHliquid comes in. As for all the talk i hear about the 901, I have been informed from several different resources that the Smoking Everywhere v2.0 is just a re-branded 901 and functions exactly the same, but at 4 times the price. I totally fell for it. That gosh darn thing was crazy expensive. But later this week I'll let you know if my experience gets better with a new atomizer and some fierce juice.

hwilliams18

Jan 5, 2009
NC usa
What length is the Smoking Everywhere device Williams? I've not heard that it might be a 901, where did you hear that?

I cant find the sources that said it might be a 901, but i am a newb and might have confused a bunch of them. There appears to be a ton that are very similar. The SE is slightly less then 4" long. As a man it hurts me to say that, but the truth must be told.

hwilliams18

Jan 5, 2009
NC usa
Well, I got my liquid and I must say...It hasn't improved anything. If i drip exclusively, every 2 drops gets me one nice puff. I'm afraid I'll destroy my atomizer that way and new ones from SE cost a fortune. I guess I'll just burn this thing to a crisp and go back to analogues until i can afford something usefull. Does anyone know which e-cig can put out the most vapor? I want it to be like the fattest splif in Amsterdam every single puff.

bettyboop

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2008
Somerset,Pa
Oh no, smoking everywhere is haunting me..... My advice is throw is away and buy a 901 from puresmoker ...it's so close to the price of a carton of cigs and you can actually smoke it..great vapor ... I have one and it makes me happy and that is almost impossible to do... but possible LOL
But after all it's all your decision and who am i to say smoking everywhere brand e-cig is poop..

Or hey go for the big gun and get a penstyle Check out the video's on his website.

Just trying to help someone who has the same story as me.. Good luck !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread